View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
beachgal
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wildlife...try www.allrecipes.com for WW biscuit recipes. Keep in mind that almost all WW recipes out there call for mostly white flour and you'll have to substitute. I'd try making them with WW pastry flour, which is softer. If it makes a ton, try putting just a tiny bit of white flour in...like 1/4 or 1/3 cup to make them fluffier. Make sure you use healthy fats...Land O Lakes now makes a light butter that has canola oil in it...that works well in baking.

For gravy, you'll have a little bit of a harder time. Try using one of the transfat margerines and WW pastry flour to make a roux and add your broth to make the gravy (or follow the recipe you have at home). You can check the ingredients on jars and cans of gravy to see what's out there...but I have a feeling this has to be homemade. It's a lot of work, so, like some things on SBD, you have to decide if the the work is worth it to you. If so...you'll figure out a way to make it!

Good luck hon! I'm making a chicken pot pie tonight with a biscuit crust. If they turn out well, I'll post the biscuit recipe, okay?