Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Default New here and wanted to say hello

Today is my first day posting, although I have been lurking for awhile now. Just wanted to say hello as I start my new journey to a healthier life. I want to lose weight but just as important to me is to start eating better. Sometimes I think I am addicted to fast food places. I seem to eat at them, on my lunch hour, everday and that has got to stop! I know how to eat healthy and I feel so much better when I do, I just need to use a little will power. I hope I can come here for support when Micky D's is calling cause I need someone to stop me!

Looking forward to meeting everyone
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #2  

Smile

Hi! I have a sister that is also addicted to fast food. Seriously. It is so hard for her to break away from the fast food lifestyle. Her vice is quarter pounders with cheese. Anyway, I understand your dilema. Welcome! This place is wonderful to help you start your journey.

Here is some will power from me to you....
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hiya! I struggle with fast food a lot, mostly in the evenings though. It got too pricey for me to eat out at work. In those cases, I make sure I bring good food to work, plan plan plan, and *don't* bring cash or anything that will make it easier to go out. If you take your "lunch" ahead of time (before you get that fast food craving?) you can't really take an extra lunch to go eat out later, that may help. I also find I still eat out a lot...that will probably have to stop soon (due to the $$) but I just work a lot on eating healthy choices. I know the chicken at Chili's will fill me up as much as or more than a burger, so I plan ahead to know I will eat the chicken instead, and remind myself how equally tasty it is. It's a process, really, you don't always win, you just try to increase the number of times you are making better choices. Good luck with it!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #4  

Smile

Yes, this is such good advice. This is a nice "for the long run" habit to start getting into as well, for when the time of maintenance finally arrives. I have been thinking of the same thing. I have some occasions coming up soon and I cannot avoid going out to a couple of places where there is fattening food. I have had to drill it in my mind to bypass all of my old choices and opt for the healthier- yet still tasty and filling- options.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote