General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Do you ever follow another poster ....

... around the boards to see what else they're up to?

When I was newer here, I thought this one poster was just disagreeing with me all over the place. It was quite disturbing. I'd thought I had a few things figured out, could I be that wrong? I then figured out how to 'find all posts by user' and found that they were following a waaaay different eating plan than I was. Whew! I wasn't wrong or daft ... just different.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Ahhhh,... You Are Preachen To The Choir Now Sister, Amen! Been There Too........ Thanks For Posting That,,
Old 02-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  

Yep, i have felt like that has happened to me as well. Good post
Old 02-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #4  

Talking

lol....
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #5  

I'm a bit paranoid lately. My eating is soooo bad! I was thinking of removing my fitday link just in case anyone was watching. Maybe I should just add a disclaimer. "please do not try this at home" "results not typical".
Old 02-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Speaking of removing your Fitday link...it's not showing anyway. Is everyone else seeing what I am? Sometimes the signature doesn't appear with a post. Like, I see Susan's signature in her first post, but not her second one. I noticed it on some of my posts too.

BTW, I need to start using my Fitday again, but I'm just too danged busy. Easier for me to keep a pad and pen on the kitchen counter and write down what I eat and track calories there.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  

I think it's an attempt to cut down page load times. If your sig only shows up once per page ... the page loads much faster. Did that make sense?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  
Meg

Yep, signatures only appear once per page.

There's an easy new way to include a link to your Fitday journal -- go to User CP at the top left of the page. Go to Edit Profile. Partway down the page, under Additional Information, there's a place to type in your Fitday user name. This will put a link to your journal under your avatar, like mine is (but it will only work if you've made your Fitday journal public at Fitday first).

There's also a new place to put in your start/current/goal weights.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #9  

Speak of the I would follow Meg, Mel and Ilene anywhere!

There's the proof in the pudding gals!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #10  
Meg

SF pudding, I hope.

Speaking of which, have you tried the new Jello SF caramel pudding yet?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #11  
210 / 193 / 140

I have never stalked or bullied another poster. However, on other forums (never on this one), I've occasionally encountered repeated hostile responses from certain individuals. On those occasions, I have indeed checked out their other posts or "followed them around" (in lurk mode) to see what was going on. In every case, it's turned out that the harasser already had some sort of personality disorder long before I met up with him or her online. Sometimes the mods are willing to ban a bully, but (surprisingly) more often they're not. It depends on the forum.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #12  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita
I have never stalked or bullied another poster. However, on other forums (never on this one), I've occasionally encountered repeated hostile responses from certain individuals. On those occasions, I have indeed checked out their other posts or "followed them around" (in lurk mode) to see what was going on. In every case, it's turned out that the harasser already had some sort of personality disorder long before I met up with him or her online. Sometimes the mods are willing to ban a bully, but (surprisingly) more often they're not. It depends on the forum.
Me too!!! I thought I was the only one being targeted by the most sarcastic, rude person on another forum. I checked some of the other posts by this person and discovered that they were ALL rude--IMO. I now think of that person as a verbal sniper---just looking to take out anyone with a mean, sarcastic comment.

I must say, here at 3FC the posters are such WONDERFUL, inspiring, helpful and nice people! Fortunately, I've not encountered any snipers here!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #13  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
SF pudding, I hope.

Speaking of which, have you tried the new Jello SF caramel pudding yet?
sounds really yummy!!! How about the new Jello SF cheesecake pudding?
yummmmm........
Old 02-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

I've actually been on a forum where rude behaviour was the norm - and, in spite of forum rules being broken, the moderators did nothing. In fact, one moderator was an offender. (I guess it was a "subjective" thing.) So, I left. No "swan song", just deleted the bookmarked URL and never went back. Life is too short to waste on people who are determined to be mean-spirited.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  
mom2cole

I just left a parenting board that was soooo "groupy" if you weren't in their little group then you didn't get much support. They would get on instant messanger and make fun of what people were posting on the board and even to the size of other people's houses (they liked to compare houses, cars, rv's Ect). I got tired of it, especially after I figured out the instant message thing.
Closed Thread