Old 02-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Help me visualize!

I am someone who needs to visualize everything. I see things in my head like moving pictures, like my own private movie theater. I have been puzzling over the process my body goes through to burn fat for a while now. Yesterday DH helped me to talk through it, and now I have my movie put together. I wanted to share it with you ladies, and wondered how you see it. Warning: This is not scientific in any way, and quite possibly not all that accurate, but it works for me.

I picture my red blood cells with a red T shirt on that has a big black R on it. They are very busy hauling fat cells. The fat cells wear an off white T shirt that has a big black F on it. The red cells get their orders from the brain, who is their very demanding boss. They run around my body, spending most of their time in my butt, tummy, and thighs, (however I believe that they think that they are being funny by spending way too much time in my boobs). They have little carts that resemble coal carts. They pile the fat cells into the carts, and roll the carts onto a conveyer belt. The belt rolls into a magic machine that converts energy to fat. It is called The Metabolizer. Out the other side of the machine comes carts full of cells wearing blue T shirts with a big black E on them. They also have on sneakers and sweat bands. The red cells are waiting for the E cells, and run them all over my body, providing energy where needed, and snacking on a few along the way. The more I exercise, eat well, and require energy, the more the brain yells on a bull horn at the red cells to hurry up, and they use up my fat cells. The fat cells, by the way, are stubborn and rude to the red cells, but the red cells DO NOT want to get in trouble with their boss, so they fight hard against the fat cells. Now, there are by-products that The Metabolizer creates when performing the magic. The by-products are sorted and shipped to two other magic machines, The Urinator, and Deficator, who get rid of them totally. Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

So this is how I see it happening. It works for me when I am in exercise ****, drinking my water, or dreaming about how I want to look this summer. I would love to hear how you all picture this mystifying process. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - once again you had to make me laugh - that is such a great movie - I nominate you for an EMMY!!!!! or ACADEMY AWARD!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Katie, you just kill me! You have quite an imagination but that is really creative of you!

Look at this little chickie I just found...isn't she cute?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #4  
Katie

Love the belly dancer. I can just hear the music!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #5  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie great job I would vote you to win I was trying to picture it myself as I was reading your story. Was happy to hear your DH worked it with you. He must really be proud of you.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #6  
Katie

Here you go Christie. Maybe you were already here when I posted this. I cannot remember.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  

Katie,

I hadn't seen that post before, but I am so glad you found it for me! That was hilarious!! It is such a good way to picture it though -- so the red blood cells are the ones that "push" the fat around the body? I've wondered how the fat is "converted" into energy. All the medical lingo is hard for me to visualize what's actually happening.

I also have lost a lot in the chest area -- 3 1/2 inches to be honest. I've lost 3 inches in my waist, and only 1 inch off my thighs, and 1 inch off my butt. It kills me. WHY, WHY, WHY can't it show more off my butt and thighs? I was happy with my chest and waist before (not that I'm complaining now) but not many people can't see that I've lost 20 lbs becuase most of it is in an area where I wasn't that big to begin with. I actually had a boob job about a year ago (and thank heavens -- I can't imagine what those saggy tube socks would look like three inches smaller! They were bad enough to begin with!) so I think that has saved me. But I just wish more would come off my butt and thighs -- where I need it the most.

Well, this was probably too much information.

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #8  

Stiesta I feel your pain. I have also lost 20 pounds and 3 inches in my waist, and 1 in my thighs and butt. I too am having a hard time noticing the difference in my other areas. I liked my waist too, I am hoping that with the next 10-20 pounds the rest will come off in the other places. Has anyone else had this problem?? I was 158 now am 139.
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #9  
Katie

My boobs have shrunk a lot too. I have one thing to say: Push up bra. Later, after all of the weight is gone, I'm afraid it might be water bra, but we shall see!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #10  

Katie,

I did the waterbra thing for about 5 years in high heat and humidity -- it was horrible. Essentially, after I had my kids I shrunk about 2 bra sizes. I had a meltdown in Victoria's Secret when they went to measure me and I wasn't even an A. I started bawling, called my DH on the phone and told him I was getting a boob job no matter what. He (of course) was super supportive and I got it done last February. It was seriously the best thing I have ever done for myself (besides LAWL). I didn't go super huge, just big enough that I looked the same as I did in my water bra. Nobody but my close friends even could tell. HIGHLY recommend it to anyone considering it. And after you all get so super skinny, your boobs may need a little something to replace the fat you've lost!

Again, probably TMI, but it reminded me with the talk of the water bras!

Christie
Old 02-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #11  

a personal trainer once told me the way to make your breast look bigger is to have a flatter stomach because they appear to stick out more then.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #12  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I just posted this in the wrong thead. Now I feel stupid.

I’m like the complete opposite when it comes to my chest. Out of the 14.5” I’ve lost, only 1” was in that area. I hate them and that was the first place I wanted to see go. After I had my son everyone said my chest would get smaller. That never happened. They didn’t even go back to their pre pregnancy size. I told DH, after we’re done having kids, I’m getting rid of MOST of them. That should be good for at least 10 lbs. lol
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #13  

Never feel stupid, Dawn -- we all do it!