Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #150

Wow ... this is thread #150 ... that's a lot of yacking.

I've had the crud. Been in bed (or on the couch) all week. Didn't even go to church last Sunday. I went to the Dr. last Fri. and got a Z pack and some cough syurp ... getting better but still weak.

We had about and inch and a half of snow last night. No school today. Suited me fine. I wasn't planning on teaching today anyway. I don't teach when they call school off because of the weather. I haven't worked all week so I'd figured I finish it out ... I don't teach on Fri. so today would have been my last day. Maybe I'll have some energy by Monday.

My SIL's dad got to go home after they put his stint in then he had to go back with more chest pains the next day ... he's fine now but my FIL has infection in his head and face surgery. He was only home for 4 days and hubby said he watched his mom dress the place and she didn't even touch it, put the ointment on it directly from the tube using sterile bandages then put on clean non-stick, sterile bandages. Don't know how it got infected. Bless his heart. He so pitiful. He's soon to be 88 yrs old. He's on antibiotics again. I haven't been able to go over all week ... afraid I'll give them the bug. He has heart problems and has had cancer ... he had his bladder removed some time ago and wears one of those bags. When he had it done, he was laying in the hospital bed and the nurse said for us to gather around and she'd show us how to remove the bag and clean around it. She pulled down the sheet but I remained in my chair in the corner - thought I'd give him his privacy. Hubby and his mom went up to the bedside. Well he called my name and said I'd better come up there and learn how to do that, said it might just be me and him some day. I told him if that ever happened I'd just turn him over a bucket and let him drain. I thought he was going to bust all his stitches loose laughing. The nurse laid down on the foot of the bed and laughed. That's one job I told hubby him and his brother was going to have to do!!!

Candice, I wish I could exercise. I think I've gained a couple of pounds laying around this week. I always hurt something evertime I start to exercise so I'm leary of even trying anything. You'd better be careful! Watch your carbs ... and all those cookies you like to make!

Mima ... my hubby has been doing the washing this week. I hate when he does that but it's been out of necessity. He's good to help me, though. I think he must be about half way between your Brad and Joanne's Louie! (He doesn't like to go shopping either!) I don't like it much either lately ... stuff is too high!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #2  

Meme, Bob has been doing cooking and laundry alot lately. I appreciate it as long as none of my clothes shrink or turn weird colors. lol

Joanne, I agree about the Clinique not being cheap. I used to buy it quite a few years ago. I'm with you about losing things when you buy them. Frustrating!

Our school board finally got smart about the school levy. It finally passed this week. They had wanted a permanent tax, and it failed twice by going that route. My husband and brother were big time into getting it changed to a 5 year instead of the permanent. That's what it was on Tuesday, and it passed. Of course, they threatened to drop all of the junior high sports, so I'm sure that had something to do with it passing too.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #3  

Gosh 150 threads already. AMAZING!!

Joanne - hope the meds work and you get better soon. It's not nice being sick, and even worse when you aren't used to getting colds or flus. Glad that they are keeping your stuff at the store for you. No, Clinique is NOT cheap. Unfortunatley I can't use the stuff. Makes my skin all red and blotchy.

Mima - Hope you enjoy your visit. A list is good. My hubby does all the vacuuming in this house and has done so for over 20 years, since I had back surgery. I have to help out once in awhile, if I need a real thourogh cleaning done as men just see that needs to be done. I have managed to train him to do the edge by the baseboards.

Tammy - You should live here this week. We are having a Teacher's Convention, so the kids are all happy. No school until Monday! Also, our schools start at 8:30 a.m. Can't imagine getting little kids and teens to school for 7:00 a.m.!!

Meme - Our whirlwind lady. How's things this week? Hope you have managed to take a much deserved rest.

Hi Canadice - hope you are feeling better. Found anyplace to move to yet?

Not to much new. Just been really busy at work, breaking records I guess. Thought it was just me, but apparently NOT!!! We need another lab I think, as Red Deer has grown by over 10,000 people this past year but the powers that be will not let us have another lab. Go figure.

Went to the chiro today and my back feels a LOT better. He worked on my sinuses as well, and boy are they draining right now. I took 10 days of antibiotics for them, cleared up the infection, but still was having problems with headaches and faceaches etc. Hopefully this will help.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #4  

Meme, keep the crud in Tenn!!! You always manage to do so much nad then collaspe for a few days..sounds just like me! Your DH has turned out to be so nice..I remember when you first posted, he did not treat you the best and then he made a complete change! Wish mine would...ya want to trade!

Tammy...I'm up for cookies and tutoring! So your DH helps too..I guess mine is a real poop..well he is pretty nice just does ot do much around here!

Joanne..hope that throat is better and DH is helping you more...I thonk yours and mine are a lot alike!

Mima...who cleans for you? I try to watch what I eat but love my cookies too!

Happy..we are not even looking yet...gotta get the estate settled first unless we get kicked out of here by a family member Glad your DH helps too!

Went to my first Biofeedback session..seems the first two are just getting to know you sessions. She seems to think I am doing all the right things but wants to help me fine tune ways. She is really nice but very young and perky! I have to go once a week and that is hard for me to do..but I keep thinking maybe something will help sicne I can't take anymore meds......my son said to give it a shot..
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:36 AM   #5  

Hope it works, candice. Try using Splenda. Hope you are enjoying that work-it's really good for the brain to do something like that.Hope you feel a lot better Joanne. Tammy-it's going to snow a lot in MA on Sunday. Siobhan is having surgery today for the cervical cance and then they are going to implant something for 2 weeks. I sure hope she gets rid of it. Going with other grandma to babysit tonight. First we are going to a thrift store. I can't lift Evan so other grandma needs to put him to bed. Then we said we would need a nap!!! They are supposed to come home at 9:30.
We got a second tv last night and Brad watches it with earphones. I have to miss so many things I like because he only likes news so off to Walmart last night. I stayed home-I am sick of that place-it's such a zoo down here with all those old people-no one looks where they are going-me included. Just kidding-I am one of those old people but I refuse to lean on the shopping cart. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

Hey Girls.. It seems to be a unending thing with me. Now the antibiotics are keeping me in the bathroom all day!!!I guess the cold is getting better.
The car is in the shop again. So I guess there goes some more money. I wish they would tell the hubby we need a new car. He sure isn't going to listen until they tell him it can't be fixed.
No he isn't helping with much. He had a mother and father that thought they had to do everything. Too bad .
We found out around about that our son was having neck/spinal surgery. He was put out that we found out. So today I am a little upset about that. I guess we stop being parents at some point in their life.

Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #7  

Joanne ... my son's getting a bit like that. Found out from someone else that they were selling their house and buying land to build another one. Seems everyone knew but us. They finally told us after it was a done deal. Hubby said DIL didn't want us to know before it was a done deal because she was afraid we would talk our son out of it. They have a lovely (huge) home now. She always wants something bigger and better. Go figure! They built one across the road from us about 10 yrs. ago that was very nice, 3 bedrooms and large family room, living room ... it wasn't big enough either. They then bought the one they are in now. I have all I can keep up ... mine isn't very big ... I'd like to have bigger rooms when it comes Christmas time or time for BD celebrations ... but not more rooms. I don't like to clean that well!!!
I have a feeling she'll regret building a larger house when she gets my age! She was talking about hard wood floors and stainless appliances the other day at lunch. When we were on the way home hubby started laughing. He said to me that they hadn't even gotten a buyer for their house or broken ground on their new land yet and she was already furnishing the house. He said she has no idea what stuff costs now days and that she's in for a rude awakening. I'm afraid he may be right. I know we underestimated when we built this house 17 years ago and then we redecorated a few years ago and it cost $20,000 to just recover the floors, paint and buy some livingroom & dinning room furniture, appliances and new curtains. You can't buy a gallon of paint now for under $15 and a gallon doesn't go very far. I don't envy them!

Yes ... You could say I've rested ... been in bed since last Sunday. I'm planning to get out of the house tonight. For the first time since last Friday. I guess this is the longest I've been house bound in nearly a year. It's supposed to come a big snow here tonight. 2 to 4 inches. Better get out while I can!

Hey Candice ... you could always do what I did ... guess that's why my hubby changed so drastically. I threatened to leave him ... remember???

Hope you all have a quick recovery from your ills. No fun being sick! Especially with back pain, fibro pain, colds and crud (and even poopy husbands)!!!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend all. Guess I'll be snowed under in TN!

Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Meme- If was just a house I could understand. This is surgery on the disks in his neck. He tried to keep his family from finding out about. The people he put on his prayer line called us. That is not the way for us to find out.I will be upset about this for sometime. His sister asked him why he didn't just take out an advertisement in the paper. That didn't go over so good.Oh well just venting...Joanne
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #9  

I was talking to my brother about our kids yesterday and how they don't get it and not telling your mother about surgery might be under that category. I can imagine how you must feel Joanne. I don't remember that about your husband, Meme, but Dr. Phil says we teach people how to treat us. Glad you got out of bed. I have asthma again. I guess it's the tree pollen.
yesterday other grandma picked me up and we went to a real nice Goodwill-bought 2 sweaters-and then we babysat for Al and Evan. GS does the lifting . I brought the supper. I was home at 9:30. Brad is going to handyman day at the church and I am having a massage. At home -6-10 inches. Just very cool here. Mima
Old 02-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #10  

Anne, tell them that I said that you need another lab.

Candice, the biofeedback sounds interesting. I don't know if I could handle a perky person though. lol they make me tired.

Mima, I'm 50 and I lean on the cart at Wal Mart!! The east coast is going to get lots of snow it sounds like. Glad the big stuff missed us. It is snowing right now, but we're not supposed to get very much.

Joanne, I'm sorry you didn't know about your son's surgery. Maybe he didn't want you to worry about him since it was this type of surgery. I don't know. Still, you are his parents and you should know. And by the way, tell you hubby that I think he needs a new car.

Meme, we were so glad that we didn't decide to build and bought a house already here. It was tough enough making decisions about what to do here.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:14 AM   #11  

Mima ... I think all that happened before you came. Anyway, he's a little different these days. Now, if he says something that makes me feel bad I just tell him. I say, I don't like it when you talk to me like that ... it makes me feel bad and you would not have said that to someone else. Would you have spoken like that to your mother? That ususally straightens him right up! Life is too short not to live in peace ... I decided long ago that I deserve to be treated with respect. If the people around me don't like that idea they don't have to be around me.

We got about 2 inches of snow last night and we're supposed to get some more tonight. Went to see Ross and Jenna tonight. They were in rare form. They're growing up too fast.

Joanne ... our kids don't realize we want to know everything about them and we're going to worry ... one way or the other ... so they may as well just go ahead and tell us!

I think I have a blood clot in my leg ... guess I'd better get out of this office chair, get in bed and put it up on pillows.

(I've been leaning on those carts since I was in my 20s!)
Old 02-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #12  

I guess we will both be seeing doc, Meme. The asthma is no better-hate to take an antibiotic again. I have been so good with the wheat. But I can get my throid checked. It's snowing back home!!! Mima
Old 02-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #13  

Default Hey There

Tammy- I have been telling my hubby we need a new car for more than a couple years. As long as he can get someone to fix it he will do that. we can well afford a new car,he just won't give up on this one.
Meme -It seems that kids these days are very self involved. It is all about them. My son has never had a child. That may be why he fails to understand how a parent feels.
mima- Aren't you glad you are in Fl. Now? You would be finding someone to shovel snow.
Joanne
Old 02-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #14  

Meme and Mima, go to the doctor!!!

Joanne, my parents were the same way about cars. As long as it could be fixed, they kept the same ones for years. They couldn't understand why my brothers and I would get new cars sometimes. Of course, we were putting alot more miles on our cars than our parents ever did. lol

Kids really are self involved these days. I totally agree. I've seen so much change in the 29 years of teaching, and lots of the change isn't good change.

We had some snow here, but nothing like in the east. I had a personal day today, and we drove into snow. Bob, Tim, and I went to Ball State (Muncie, IN) for a criminal justice seminar for kids that will be starting there next fall. Every person that we've met in the CJ department has been so friendly and knowledgable (I don't think that's spelled right). I think Tim will do fine there.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #15  

OH!! I forgot. Prayer request. The sister of a boy in my class is having open heart surgery tomorrow. Susan is 19 years old. She's had one surgery years ago. Adam is going to be at the hospital during the surgery. A couple of the girls in my class told him that we were going to take time during the day for Prayer Time. I was amazed. Just keep Susan and the family in your prayers please. She's a sweetie! Thanks.