Old 02-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #1  

Smile NEW to LAWL

Hi everyone,

Just finished my two days of detox and will be starting my plan (purple, no lites) tomorrow. I found this forum after i joined and was bummed to see that they were offering $3/wk last month. i paid $9!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/confused.gif

Anyways, i am excited to get started. DH and I are planning to have kids but running into problems with my PCOS....tried for 7 months on meds, and gained 20 lbs. so, we are taking a break from trying and hope to get my weight under control again. I joined LAWL becaused i did not want to mess around and loss 10 lbs in six months. We are eager to get the baby thing on the way. so i will lose 35 lbs by June!!!!

Please everyone, keep me motivated!!! We would love to have a family....or else, i might have to get another dog!

Thanks for your support!
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #2  
Love Handles Me!

Default Aloha!

Welcome to the forum! I also am a newbie to this forum and I have got a lot of warm wishes from all of our other friends. It's such a great inspiration to know that there are others out there to support us. I also am finishing up my 2 day detox this evening and visited the center today and they said I'm down 3 pounds, so thats cool. They put me on the gold plan and its basically all about portion control. That's what I need, structure.

It was nice meeting you and you will hit your goal in no time. Have a good day.

Melissa

kaua4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 AM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Muji - to the boards!!! Good luck on your second day of TO - You will love the support around here - everyone has great suggestions, recipes and wonderful motivation!!! Come over and join us on the Friends Feb 2006 thread and chat!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Muji, congrats on your decision to join LAWL. You will find a lot of support, friendship, and great ideas around here. See you on the threads!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #5  

Muji

So glad that you found us. Congratulations on making it thru TO. Starting a family is awesome. What a great goal! Hope you have a POP day and be seeing you around.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  

Welcome -just wanted to give you some hope about your PCOS. My friend has PCOS and needed help getting pg with her first child, but conceived #2 and #3 naturally Good luck!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #7  

and good luck on the babymaking
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #8  
Losing the Weight!

Muji, I know you're going to love it here. LOTS of really nice people who are an inspiriation and helpful.

I'm so glad I've found this place. It's made a HUGE difference for me. Best of Luck on your weight loss.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #9  

Default Thanks for all your support

Hi everyone, thank you for your words of encouragement! I look forward from learning from all of you! I hope that losing the weight will make the PCOS go away! either way, losing the weight first will be healthier regardless of a baby or not. i used to think that "what's the point of losing the weight and only to gain it back while being pregnant!" But now i realize that i am only to get heavier and heavier if i dont learn to eat right now.

my first day was not too bad...much better than the detox days....i had a headache the whole time. i think the fast forward juice was too high in sugar for me. anyone else experienced that?

anyways, can you have fatfree sugar free pudding for dairy? COD told me that i could have 3 cups of popcorn as 1 starch, so, i did that. but i had dinner out with a friend....a BUFFET! but i only had one plate of food, and almost all protein and some veggies. i was proud of myself on passing up on desert and the starches. i also ditched the lunch party at work. someone called me about it and i told them that i am on a strict diet and will be skipping....now the whole department knows....guess i really have to lose the weight now.

Hope everyone is doing well on their plans....you guys are my inspiration!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #10  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Muji--this is a terrific place for help, inspiration, tips and kudos --they provide everything! I totally understand about people knowing. Anytime I have dieted in the past (and failed) I haven't wanted anyone to know so when I didn't lose no one could think anything--now with LAWL my whole family knows so I know that someone is going to be checking in on me pretty often--it really keeps me on my toes!
When you get off detox things improve dramatically--IMO. Just think what our poor bodies are accustomed to --I think mine went into shcok the first week! Have a great day and when you are feeling low this board will pick you right back up.

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-18-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #11  

Muji - if you have PCOS you are probably also IR (isulin resistant) and therefore should not drink their juice or their products as they can affect your blood sugars very negativately. I know that my friend is PCOS + IR and her center wont let her do anything because of that.
lawl all the weigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #12  

Default Pcos

I think you are right. i think i got a terrible headache from the juice and they know about the bars...the manager was pretty educated on diabetis and suggested that i should not do the juice either. i have to express my dissappointment on the knowledge of the staff. i had to explain that i was suprised at how much carbs i will be eating. and the counselor argued with me that veggies, fruits, and dairy were not carbs. she had to check with the manager. i guess when i signed up i was sold on "oh, it's a customized plan for you and you along..." etc. but i come in two days later, after having a headache for two days from the juice that they told me to drink, and i got "oh, it's because you are detoxing, that's why you have a headache." I am not too sure about that. i have a similar headache when i did my fasting glucous test...where they make you drink super sweet juice and had to wait 2 hours to get my blood drawn. so, i was pretty sure that was the headache.

well anyways, i am just not too sure if i am going to click with the counselors. i feel like they just dont know all that much. i will not be doing the lites because of the sugar, soy (estrogen causes infertility) and of course price.

i will come here for support.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Unfortunately, a lot of the counselors are that way. I am IR, or at was when I started, and this is what I suggest- Try to eat your carbs with protein, your body will do better with them. Not sure what plan you are on, but if you get 2 proteins a day, and you can eat LF cheese as your dairy, (also technically protein) which I would suggest anyway, you should be able to pair your starches and fruits with a protein. Good luck!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #14  

Welcome and here is some baby dust your way!~
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote