Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 04:48 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Angry ***week of 30th September***

Good morning laydeez

Normally I am well prepared and have made notes so that I can personalise the thread start......however, I don't have the time this morning, and I don't want to go out without starting the thread (gotta help mum sort out some business), forgive me for being tardy!!!

Have a great week, and for all of us who are "recommitting" -- all the best
Old 09-30-2001, 10:42 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Goood Morning!!!!
It is such a beautiful day that I think I will go out and jog a bit!!!I love these 60-70 degree days!!!

Hope everyone is having a good one!!!!Rabbit-let us know the details of the party!!!
RR
Old 09-30-2001, 04:14 PM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Default BTW

Happy Birthday Rabbit
Old 09-30-2001, 10:44 PM   #4  

Happy birthday rabbit!!!

Well, my official weigh-in day is Wendesday, but I happened to slip and fall in the bathroom today, landing squarely on the scale!! (Seems to happen quite often...) I am so excited to report that I was down to 152.5! That puts me at 20.5 lbs down. YEAY

Also Exciting, I went shopping for with the BF to get him some new work clothes. I am officially a size 10!!! For most of my life, I have been a 4-6, so I still have a ways to go, but I was excited! Hopefully we will win the lottery in the next few months. There are a LOT of cute clothes out there (although you have to pick through a lot of bad).

Small side panic issue: I am probably only about 2 weeks away from moving to a lower point bracket. Gee, I might need to start exercising or something!

Rabbit: Hope the party was great. Do let us know!
LBH: Congrats on the loss!
Sonya: Glad school is going well.

Hi to all
Old 10-01-2001, 01:20 AM   #5  

I'm back from the show.
Will check the scale in the morning and see if I managed to maintain. Thats always my goal when we go to shows. We always go out to eat with other artist friends and I have a weakness for Long Island Ice Tea and I always have to eat while drinking so I don't get to sloshy (is that a new word?).

Otherwise.....anxiously awaiting news of Rabbit's weekend!!

- jul

p.s. cat people. If a cat pees on a favorite sweatshirt will the cat pee smell come out in the wash??? We stayed with another artist friend this weekend and apparently her cat has some "issues" with me. I later found out the cat spent 2 years on valium.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:01 AM   #6  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Rabbit - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! (or maybe belated birthday) How was the party, we're all dying to know. Did you tell them you knew or put on the "surprise face"?

Jul - How was the weigh in this morning? I had a problem once with a roommate's cat and the smell should come out in the wash. Otherwise there is some stuff I think you can buy specifically for pet smells. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a cat because the odds are you won't be able to smell it but a cat might and they seem to be attracted to places that already smell like pee. Good Luck

Bailey - Good for you

HI to everyone else.

Well I had a good weigh in this morning - down 3.5 from last weeks abnormally high weigh in. So I guess it all evens out in the end. My husband and I even managed to have pizza too! We were still careful in our choices. We went with Pizza Hut's the edge vegetarian pizza because from my research that seemed to be the lowest point pizza out there. And it's really good. It's just got a really thin crust so of course the points would be lower. Anyway it was delicious and we stayed within our points so it all worked out. Just goes to show you how you can work these things in. Now my husband's trying to figure out how to work in chicken wings but I think they just might to fattening but I told him if he goes over for one day that's not so bad as long as it's not all the time - keep you posted.

Have a great day!
Elisa
Old 10-01-2001, 09:06 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Jul- I'm not sure if you'll get it out completely, but you could try Nature's Miracle. You can get it at Petco or something. It liquid that you pour directly on stains and it's supposed to take out the smell/stain. It works pretty good. Cat's pee is really bad though, so it might be tough. Vicki may have a better solution, being the 5 cat woman!!

Elisa- Congrats on the loss!!

Bailey- Soo Sorry to hear of your fall...but congrats on the loss!!
Old 10-01-2001, 12:55 PM   #8  

Default Hello Again....

Yes, I'm still alive...just extremly busy lately.

The 3-day, 60 mile walk for breast cancer that I'm doing is this weekend. I leave Wednesday morning to drive to Atlanta. We have registration on Thursday. The walk is Friday, Saturday & Sunday, and then I will drive back on Monday. I'm getting excited, but also a little stressed about getting everything packed! The best news though is that I raised over $2600 for this event

I have put a few pounds back on in the past two months. It just sort of crept up on me and now I've started feeling it in my clothes. I'm not stressing about it this week, but after I get back from Atlanta I MUST get back on track.

My birthday is Saturday, but since I'll be in Atlanta we got my birthday present early a couple of weeks ago. I got a home gym. Nothing TOO fancy, but it's got 2 stations and all the major exercises I wanted. When we moved in February I cancelled my gym membership because there wasn't a location that was even remotely convenient and I can tell that I've gotten a lot flabbier since I quite doing any weight work...so now I have NO EXCUSE! Of course, I've only used it a couple of times so far but that's going to change!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up. I will try to get back into the swing of posting here next week as well. I always do much better when I talk with y'all frequently.

Jul - Spray the area with FeBreeze & let it dry. Then put a little Febreeze in with the wash. The smell should come out (at least for human noses). That's what I used when the cat I used to have had "issues" and didn't want to stop peeing on my bed. Notice I said the cat "I used to have"

Speaking of cats...we had a sad experience last week. The cutest male kitten about 6 months old showed up at our house a week or so ago. We didn't really want another cat at the moment, but of course, sucker that I am...after he hung around a day or so I started feeding him. Anyway...he really wanted in the house & he was tearing up our screen doors trying to get in the house to play with the dog. Yes, I said the dog...every time we let the dog out to go to do her business she & the kitten ended up playing all over the yard...they were so cute. So we decided we do what we needed to do to make him a house cat too. We have a cat already who's about 10 years old & totally an indoor cat, so in order to bring this one in the house he had to be fixed, front declawed (no I do not think it's cruel so don't rag on me about it) and had to be checked for feline leukemia and given all his shots. So I took him to the vet last week to have all that done and a couple hours later they called me at work....he had feline leukemia already, he just wasn't showing symptoms yet. Needless to say, I'd already gotten attached, but we couldn't risk the health of our existing cat & since I've had a cat die from feline leukemia I wasn't willing to subject this kitten to that, so we had to have him put to sleep. The poor dog looked for the kitten for several days every time she went outside.

O.k...I really should get some work done since I'm only working 2 days this week!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tech...are you married yet?

LE
http://legaleagle.pledgepage.com
Old 10-01-2001, 04:25 PM   #9  

HI Y'ALL!!

I didn't get on here to see my birthday icon. Darn!

The party was unbelievable! There was a surprise party for me at a hotel Friday night and we all stayed all weekend. My family all came - ds from school, brother & family from Dallas, sister & family from Chicago, brother, sister, parents from midstate, and then my walking buddies and other friends from here. It was great!! We had a buffet meal that night, everyone was wearing "forty & fabulous" buttons with my picture on them that dh made. It was all decorated. There was a slide show of pictures of me & everyone. There was a wonderful cake with my baby picture on it -- only the picture was of one of my sisters!! My mom sent dh "her favorite picture of me" - and it wasn't me! That was quite funny.

Then Saturday I had a manicure and a pedicure. All the ladies had manicures and one of my sister's had a pedicure also with me. And then on Saturday night we went to a murder mystery dinner theater - and it was so so much fun. We had a blast. It was sad to leave on Sunday and tell everyone goodbye. This will definitely be a birthday I never forget!!! Dh in an amazing guy! My sister in Chicago was also a big planner. I've never had a party just for me before.

Oh, I almost forgot - my 2 sisters and one brother sang a song for me at the party they wrote - called "you are now old" to the tune of "forever young". It was hilarious.

I don't think I did too bad eating - I was too busy and having too much fun. Although my breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday morning was cake!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Bailey - HOORAY for your 20.5 pound loss and the size 10!!WOOHOO!

Elisa - congrats on your loss!!

Legal - great to hear from you! Good luck at the walk and have a super birthday!!

RABBIT

PS - I did the "surprise" look. DH is so happy to have surprised me. My sister didn't buy it.

Last edited by Rabbit; 10-01-2001 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2001, 04:58 PM   #10  
LBH

Rabbit- Thanks for keeping us in suspense all weekend!! I was dying to get on here this AM, just waiting to hear all about it, and I had to wait all day!!

Well, I have a date with Gilad tonight after work! Have not seen him in months...can't even remember...it was well before my wedding!! And DH is so understanding...we may make it a threesome!! WooHoo!!

Doing a little better today, being on track. Did not need to have the cookies I ate earlier though!!

Have a good evening all!!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:52 PM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening all!!!!!

Rabbit--Sounds like a lot of fun!!!Remember, U can never fool your sister!!!!!

Lauren--Good Luck on that threesome!!!! I don't have much luck with excercising at home cuz there is always an excuse to stop!!!BTW--I accumulated a cat with those 2 kids with marriage!!!!!*L*I am a six cat woman now!!!!

Legal-Good luck with the walk!!!U made the right choice in putting the kitten to sleep..It is a horrible death when the leukemia kills them...It was great to see U back on!!!Happy Birthday!!!I put on a few pounds also soo I am getting in control again..Even if I become pg, I will gain healthy pounds by eating like I do now!!!!

Jul--If there are no other cats involved, I would use the Febreeze..If another cat is around the shirt, it needs that de-enzyme stuff at the pet store!!!!Such crazy creatures!!!!My friends cat is taken Depo Provera shots every 3 months for wild crazy behavior..IT really works!!!!

Elisa-That pizza sounds wonderful..That is my weakness in life...I made black beans and cottage cheese yesterday..Yummy!!!!

Well, off to the races to pick up from daycare and start the supper!!!!We are doing vege lasagna and salad tonight!!!!
Vicki
Old 10-02-2001, 12:14 PM   #12  

HELLO

Well, I started keeping track again yesterday, so that makes 2 days op! I am leaving Wednesday afternoon for Chicago for the weekend for a rummage sale - to the sister's house that I call the junk food queen (she is also the skinny one! Go figure.) We just decided at the last minute to do this sale so I'm catching myself coming and going. Hope I can handle being gone again - LBH - give me encouragement!!

LBH - glad you enjoyed the birthday story! I couldn't wait to get on here and tell you all! DH worked from home yesterday so he was on the computer - and I had to wait!

RR - you're right - my sister took one look at me and said - how'd you know? Your dinner last night sounds great. You really seem to be enjoying your family life - I'm so happy for you.

better run -

RABBIT
Old 10-02-2001, 12:20 PM   #13  

Shirt Update: I soaked it in a sink of strong dishwash detergent for 2 days!! I washed it 2 times with extra strong laundry detergent plus stain remover sprayed on it like crazy. So far it smells great. I'm not a cat person (sorry cat people) so I'm a little paranoid and keep sniffing the shirt just to check.....maybe I have "issues" and need treatment too??????

Rabbit: your party sounded wonderful. What a great memory!

Concerning my weigh-in: It was up 1 lb but back down 1 lb this morning....so lets call it a "MAINTAIN".
I'm going to try and be very careful this week. We are going out to dinner Thursday night (celebrate husband's b-day a bit late - he turned 39 yesterday) and then we'll be leaving for St Louis on Friday.

- jul
Old 10-02-2001, 01:43 PM   #14  
Pink Thingy

Default Hi all

Hope every one is doing well. I have just been catching up on everyone's posts this week. I had to help my mum sort out some business on Sunday morning, so I didn't really have time to start off a long weekly post.

Just wondering....do any of you out there have siblings who stroll from one crisis to another and then blame the parents for it? My sister is currently going through one of those and taking it out on everyone. She is three years older than me and in the past three months has turned into what I can only describe as a troll. And you can all guess that it is over a ........ man!
Old 10-02-2001, 02:34 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

It's been busy again around here...I mean work!! I need a vacation!!

BFB- Yes, I've known friends like that!! They blame parents, siblings, God...anyone but themselves!! There's not a whole lot you can do about it, at least that I've found, until they make up their minds to change and take responsibility and take charge of their lives!!

Jul- Glad the smell came out...hope it stays out!! I'm a cat person, but cat pee is really bad!!

Rabbit- YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Vicki- Had a great time with Gilad last night!! Did better than I thought. I made it through about 3/4 of the video before my aching knees had enough! Will try again tomorrow night. I do it at the firehouse, not home. There's more room there, at home I'd be bashing into the sofa, or catching my arms in the ceiling fan!! Some day I hope to have a house w/a great room, with cathedral ceilings, so I can exercise at home!!

Gotta run!!
Closed Thread