General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  
banned

Default genius gamin' gang!

howdy everyone!

i recently sought help w a video game system issue w a game i just bought and am seeing that others love video games as much as i do so i thought itd be cool to have a place to discuss everything about our fav games and systems etc. in one place so if youre into video games come chat....the more the merrier!

my story: i just purchased an atari 2600 after growin up on games such as p. man. s. invaders, asteroids and pitfall and iu cant WAIT to be playin again!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #2  

I have a plain-old Nintendo Entertainment System (but it's the top-loading kind, so no annoying blinkies!!).

I love the original Zelda and Contra games, plus lots others.

I'd love to have a Super Nintendo, but I don't trust people on e-bay anymore (I REALLY lucked out when I got my NES). As far as that goes, I love Zelda, Mega Man X (all the Mega Mans (Men?), really), Super Mario World, Ms. Pac Man, etc. The list really goes on.

Beyond Super NES, I can't play any of the games--I suck at 4-deminsional!!

I used to love the Atari system, too, and I've been thinking about getting some of those "classic" games that just plug into the newer tv's (if I ever get a newer tv )

Cheryl
Old 02-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #3  
banned

howdy!
i didnt buy mine from ebay bc i dont trust paypal so i dont have an account. there are websites out there that do sell used atari's bc thats where i just got mine.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I have an Xbox... looove the Halo games... and I have a few others too.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #5  
banned

hey future!

i think my fav is atari space invaders.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Andrea you know, but I'll do this for everyone else

My husband and I are basically great big nerds and we play video games a LOT. Here are all our systems:
Atari
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
TurboGrafx
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
N64
Gamecube
Gameboy (2 original, 2 color, 1 Advance SP)
Nintendo DS
Playstation
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Game Gear

I think I got the all. Anyway we have shelves and shelves FULL of games. Some of my favorites include Yoshi's Island (absolute fav), Super Mario 3, the Zelda's for Nintendo, Sonic 2, and the Kirby Dreamland series. I'm not very good at the newer games either. Super Nintendo is without a doubt my favorite system. Followed by Gamecube and the DS. I'm definitely a Nintendo girl. I've actually considered getting a tattoo of Yoshi

It's nice to see other people are into gaming too!

4myself, you might want to try www.ebgames.com I know they sell used games, they might sell used systems too! A Super Nintendo is definitely worth tracking down!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #7  
banned

wassup stacey?

i dont even know how to play anything BUT atari.....so i understands about the nintendo thing. yeah, im finding lots of sites are selling games and used systems w warrantys. thats how i got mine though i wish like heck id kept the one i had.....had no idea i could just replace the game switch box. im hoping to have my stuff in a few days bc fla to ny isnt that far...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #8  

Had X-box which had only halo. REturned it and got ps2 and was happy for a few years until it broke last year. It happened out of nowhere. Since it is a mod Ps2 and my warranty likely had expired anyway, I am left with a broken one. By the way, I hate Halo.
Now, I use my pc but can't play the all the newest games cause my pc ain't fast enough. I couldn't play need for speed latest edition but did play call of duty which was very very good.

NES rules all on a tower above them, and laughs at their feeble attempts at god like status.

Good games played on PC: Max Payne, Call of Duty, Command and Conquer, and The Movies (I hate sims games but this one is good for at least a few days).
Old 02-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  
banned

hey to be,
is the broken one still new enough that it can be bought? bc if it is you can buy a new one, clean up the old and return the old one in the new box. my family does it all the time.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #10  
banned

guess what?!
my joystick came! now i just need the rest of it hehe!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #11  
banned

im so p/o! my game came yest and theres a slim possibility its broken! if it is the guy said hed send me a new one....im askin my bil to come look at it.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

what's wrong with it? that sucks, especially because you waited for it and now you can't even play it!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Never thought I'd see a thread like this here. I am a video game freak as well....grew up with an Atari 2600 but never did like it much since my older sis bought it for us when she got married and moved out--but my parents never really thought to buy us any new games so all we had was Pong, Space Invaders and Pac-Man. When my nephew was 5, he got a NES system and we took that thing over like nobody's business. My mom bought me my own system when I was 16 and I took her little 13" color TV into my room and never looked back. Super Mario and Zelda were my favorites then...but then along came Contra--remember those cheat codes for unlimited men? up/up/down/down/left/right/left/right/B/A select/start...or something like that. My memory is fading on that one

These days we have an Xbox which has awesome graphics but some of the games are just beyond me. I do like Jet-Set Radio Future, Off-Road Wide Open and other easy games like that. My now 7 y.o. son is the king of the news games which I can't operate. He also has a GameBoy SP and a DS which I play around with sometimes when he's in school. Then I get a little lip service from him when I forget to charge up the battery pack Funny thread!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #14  
banned

hi stacey! sup girl?

thanks...i dont know...(possibly nothin) my mom hooked it up for me and i love her dearly but stuff like this isnt her thing and though the guy ar radio shack gave her the proper attatchments and told her where to put them its not working. thats why im hoping my bil will stop by after work and look at the connection cuz if the thing is broken i wanna notify the guy asap. he says the thing worked when it shipped so until i know it doesnt, im gonna believe him. and yes it sucks bc im bored to death! ill keep ya posted.

hey meleka welcome

lol on that tv and not lookin back! i too grew up w a 2600 which was ident to the used one i just bought bc its all i know how to play lol. it came w a ton of carts but ive already sorted out the ones i know i love!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #15  
banned

oh god it still doesnt work...now we think we have the wrong adapter
Closed Thread