Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #166

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies!!

We'd love to have you join us while we talk about our weight loss efforts and our daily lives. So come on in and chat away!!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Angie--A school?!!! OMG....no peace and quiet once thats in. If your boys were younger, it would be perfect. Let me know what crochet hooks you want and I'll get some for ya and get them too ya!

Marbles--Just love that name!! Hope you start feeling better. The weather has been really crazy everywhere. We've been having Spring like weather during the day, then freezing winter weather at night. Wonder how our summer is going to be.

Cristi--How about making some banana nut bread? Smells so good and last forever (the aroma) and you get a nice treat on top! Send some of those ribs my will you??

Hello everyone else out there!

Washed the car today, and the truck. Great weather for it. Now I need to take a shower. Time is flying today. So I better get going.

I'll check in later.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Marti - well, the master bedroom and bath will be done in earth tones, (greens, golds, that funny red, taupe) since I had just bought the comforter and stuff before we moved. But I want blues, greens and reddish/burgundy in the living area. Since the master suite is off by itself, I don't think it will clash. I found the coolest border to put in the kitchen, above the sink area, and also a nice border for in the living room. I think we'll do the dining area in plain paint because I use patterned place mats and tablecloths. So I guess I'm glad after all that the wallpaper was unavailable. The guest bedroom will have twin beds, but I haven't made up my mind about the colors, yet.

Angie - I'll mail you whatever crochet needles you need. PM me with the sizes, ok? Not a problem at all.

Marble - hope you're feeling better. I don't know a thing about slate floors or radient heat. Did you try googling them?

Cristi - we had crock pot ribs for dinner tonight! So tender that way. I know you'll find just the right house. Is relocating to CA out of the question? You have mentioned that you'd love to move back there.

Mary, Dale and Caylin went to Mississippi over night to pick up a truck his dad is giving Dale. Neal and I have had the twins and they've been so good. We've been teaching them how to use the mouse to control the pointer, and they've been playing with a preschool computer game. Blows my mind how good they are at it already!

My weight has been holding steady, but I'm not losing any that had I gained. I don't know what's the matter with me!

Have a good evening, ladies.

Toodles,
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #4  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Hi all! I've been busy trying to get my house packed up . . . it's not fun!
I havn't been getting to the gym this past week, I have been in too much pain. I have ovarian cysts that have caused me a lot of trouble for 12 years now. They will not hurt for a while, then all of a sudden, I can bearly walk!
The only thing left to do is to remove the ovaries, but I need them for making babies!
In other news . . . I'm doing good with eating and what not. Mark needs to stop buying me candy, though! I keep passing it off on other people so that it won't be tempting to me.
Sounds like everyone else is doing good here!
GRRRRR . . . Allen is having trouble falling asleep, Ill talk at cha later!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #5  
a work in progress

Hi ladies.

I have surgery tomorrow, and I am absolutely terrified. I know I am being ridiculous, and that everything will be just fine, but I hate surgery so much -- and I hate that they are going to knock me out and cut open my arm, and I'm mad that I have to have it done, and I am sick to my stomach just thinking about it and fighting this panicky feeling to say forget it, I'll just live with it the way it is. Except my doctor made me stop taking ibuprofen this week so there won't be any bleeding problems, and now that I haven't had any for a couple of days, I hurt really bad and realize how much I've been taking. So I guess I really can't just live with it the way it is. Tim has been very patient with me because I'm weepy and I know I'm being a big baby and I wish I could just knock it off, but I can't and he's being nice to me anyway. I just wish it was over with. I wish they could sedate me right now, and I'd wake up sometime next month. Anyway, now I'm here whining at you guys, too, so I'll stop, but please just hold good thoughts for me, ok?

I intended to do individuals, but my arm is too sore, so I guess I'll call it a night.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Katie (((hugs))) to you. My prayers are with you.

I have to try and post quickly, as I have dial up and I did a nice long post last night then the internet disconnected on me. Seems to be lots of problems trying to get on lately.

Been pretty on program the last 2 days and it feels pretty good. Susan...thanks for the oatmeal thoughts. Been eating it for breakfast and thinking of you.

Jane mmm crockpot ribs sounds good. Do send the recipe as I need some good recipes for the crockpot. Bet the twins didn't want to leave when mom and dad came to get them!

Marti I bet you had nice curl in your hair after being at the car wash. How was the gym at work?

Hi Marbles and welcome.

Angie is there a new play that you are working on yet? Let me know and I will come down and watch you when it opens.

Cristi how is the house hunting coming? Hope you find something.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I can't remember what was in the last thread.

Chat with you all later.

Kathy
Old 02-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Happy Thursday!

Not a very exciting day here. I am taking the car in for a lube/oil/filter, might go the library and the grocery store. Yawn.

Managing to stay on track with the challenge, but could be making better food choices---need more veggies!

Angie - I found a great site for needles and hooks. It's called Spinblessing.com I swear my order was on my doorstep the next day. they were lightening fast.

Marti - that's great that you can use the company gym...now Wild Duck just needs to feed you, lol!

MaryKate - will be keeping good thoughts for you and your surgery. I know what you're feeling..and this is great place just to let it all out.

Mel - good luck with the move

Hi to Cristi, Jane, Sue

Old 02-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #8  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Katie- Hugs to you sweetie! I'll be praying that all goes well for you!
I'm so stressed out right now! Mark e-filed our taxes 9 days ago and we were suppoed to get our rufund tomorrow. He went online to check the status and it had been rejected! Long story short- the IRD said my last name was still my maiden name, and the social security dept said it was my married name. So he had to totally re-file it and now we aren't getting our refund until the 24th! We can't move until we get our refund. So we will get 1 weekend to move out and clean this place up. Of course, the place we live in now was a total dump when we moved into it, so I guess even if I don't clean it, it'll look 100 times better than it did when we moved in!
Grrrr! Ok, that's my life right now. Aside from that, we literally have $15.00 until next week Friday . . . I can't handle this no money situation we're in right now. I swear, I'm going to go insane!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:15 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

MARYKATE...my thoughts and prayers are with you today. And it's okay to vent/whine...we are here for ya.

MARTI...wanna come and wash my car?! Please... I've been meaning to do it for a while. Well, take it to the car wash because it's too cold to do it here. We've had the hoses unhooked for winter even though it hasn't felt much like winter. Well, until yesterday...a cold one and today is even colder. Supposed to get up to 50 but was 17 this morning at 9. Brrrrrrr....

JANE...I wish there was but there's no way to move to CA. With the real estate what it is Where I lived last...I looked at some houses a few weeks ago and they were going for about $340,000. Now if we went closer to L.A.....you're talking anywhere from $400,000 and up. It really amazes me that in just a normal area, for a house that is about 1500 sq. ft. it could cost up to $900,000! That is crazy! I don't think V would have a problem getting a job in the aircraft industry but then I would have to find a good paying job and still it would be hard I think. I honestly don't see how people live there. Unless they bought a house years ago and just stayed there. So unless we hit the lottery one day I don't see me living in CA again. Hope you guys had a fun time with the grandbabies. Your decorating sounds wonderful...love the color scheme you are going with in all the rooms. What are the borders of for each of the rooms? And yes, crock pot ribs are the best!

MEL...sorry to hear about the tax mix-up.

KATHY...how are you liking your new car? Bet it is a fun little car. We are going to look at another house Friday. Just so happens to be right across the street of a buddy DH works with, nice guy. Him and his wife married the same year we did, in March of '99. We were swapping stories of the weddings.

KATY...sounds like you are going to have an exciting day! About as exciting as mine!

Hi to everyone else

I really need to get going. I've put myself on a schedule and my computer time is up at 12:30. Otherwise I won't get anything done. Have to take a load of stuff to the storage unit. V brought up all the christmas decorations from the basement and some other stuff. So all I have to do it load it in the truck and take it out. Will only take about an hour. Then I am cleaning off my scrapbook table and packing that stuff, and cleaning Josh's closet out and packing most of that stuff. I had it all clean before he came home and he made a mess out of it. Going to take some stuff out of my closet also. Geez, how does one accumulate so much stuff? Well, better get going.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

well nuts! I lost a huge post...grrr

Katie, you are probably home,,,feeling yucky but its over now,,,you can work on mending raither then waiting for the surgery. And you can take all the painkillers you want!
Ive already been restricted from anything,,Advil my drung of choice...lol Im wearing a funky like hospital braclet already,,,it has my blood info on it. Its yellow...grrr i never wear yellow.
Mel, well that is just crazy that they got all confused with your name. AS for your ovary,,,Im with you there...my left side is bad. Possibly will loose that one. Im cool with that,,,since its nothing but pain. Keeping my right and i won't go into menopause.

Cristi,,,Monte and I watch alot of tv on the home and garden,,House Hunters must be based in Cali,,,cause the prices they say just blow our minds. $500 grand for a shack...seriously thats just crazy. I know you will get top dollar for your home,,,cookie smells and all.

Jane,,,I believe it about the twins,,,kids are computer smart coming out of the womb I swear. I was asking Tanner for help when he was 8 yrs old...lol

Katy, thanks for the web site,,,gonna go check that out, I have boughten needles,,,but seem to have this thing for 4.5,,,cause I know have 3 of them,,,no other size but a small one I use for my sweaters (snags)
I am learning to do a blanket now,,,with SHELLS! I have passed the scarf test,,,Ive only made about 20...lol Have a thing for funky yarns...and learned my lesson that not all funky is fun to work with. Grr
MArti,,,*whimper can you come and clean my vehicle? Becky came by to tell me to go put the poor thing out of its misery...sure I can't see the license plate...and don't know what color it is...I will go soon. The weather is beyond good for warmth...but i worry for the farmers. Another year of drought can't be good.

KAthy, Im working on a cabaret now for a fun raiser for Crohns and Colitis (CCF) Thats in May. And Im helping with props for a dear friend...he wrote, directed and is acting in it. Its called FUEL...its a story about a drunk and his relationship with booze. He is a recovering alcoholic.

Anyways better run,,,said i would finish that shade...but got into watching American Idol...who in their right mind would think they should imitate Cher? And a guy to boot...strange people just come out of the woodwork with that show. Its entertaining though eh?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #11  
Nancy

Katie:
I hope the surgery went well. Recovering from anaesthesia is so hard. I'll be thinking good thoughts!

Kathy:
I've gotten a lot of really good slow-cooker recipes from the WW website (including my favorite 3 bean and pork chili...outstanding!), and from the WW Slow Good cookbook. I do a lot of slow-cooker meals, then freeze the leftovers. One week I cook, the next I defrost! My favorite way to make dinner (other than reservations..

Walked into the grocery store today to go to the bank and had to walk through a huge display of chocolates. Just took a deep breath and walked on, but OH the temptation...
Old 02-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!!

Man, it has been very busy around here. We went down state to see Tommy's dad in the hospital. He got out on Tuesday. He has a hospital bed at home to sleep in, and is on steroids to keep his lung inflated.

The boys are doing great! Brandon is trying to feed Logan with a baby spoon. It is cute because his intentions are good. But he tries to feed him like he feeds himself, and wonders why Logan gags. They are getting big of course!

We think Logan is teething. He has been chewing/sucking on his hands lately. So we have been on the look out for those.

For some reason I wasn't getting the messages in my email about posts. So I figured I would come check you all out.

Welcome to the new members! hello to everyone! (I promise I will get on here and write personals once things slow down a little bit)
Old 02-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just passing through. Walked for 45 minutes today. DH said we should walk to the post office. Well, that was okay, but we didn't really know how far it was. And part was uphill. Coming back was fun, trying to keep from running DOWN the hill. Should be good on the calves.

Jane--How are you deciding what you want in your house? DH is asking me about cabinets, light fixtures, towel bars, colors, etc. I think my head is going to explode. And don't even get me started on where I want the cable and recepticals.

Hope everyone is fine and preparing for a wonderful week-end.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies!

Had a late day at work. Should be in bed already! Only one more day of this week!!! Shall we dance to that?

Jane--Oh I hope you show photos of your house once you're all done! It's going to be beautiful! When will it be finished?

Mel--Wish we had our taxes done! I would like to see if we'll get anything this year. Should. We've had to pay that last couple years. It's always better to receive than to give when it comes to taxes.

Katie--Oh Katie!! My thoughts will be w/you! You'll be just fine and once you're all healed, you're going to feel amazing I'm sure! Lots of hugs for you!!

Kathy--Haven't even made it to the gym yet!! The first day I wanted to go, I had to take an online test at work for Infectious Sample handling...that took over an hour! The next day it was closed due to cleaning carpets! And today....we had an hour long department meeting. What will it be tomorrow?

Katy--Pull some strings for us and ask about getting at least a later time for the cafe to stay open! Oh well, I think everyone has been bringing in their own lunches....saves money really!

Cristi--I need to do the same as you and give myself a time limit on things. Otherwise time just goes by and I've done nothing! Today before work I had a nice visit w/my brother then we went to see my grandpa. That was nice...better than staying around home and cleaning!

Angie--You're too funny. But really....what color is your car? I think you need to crochet yourself a yellow scarf now to go w/your braclet! You like funky...wouldn't that work?

Nancy--SO very proud of you!! Way to go on passing the chocolates!! Temptations are hard. And I really need to quit giving into them. I had been watching Biggest Loser and it's always so inspiring to see the results. I think I want to pull the dress out of my closet that I wore when I got married.....make that a goal to fit into w/out a contraption underneath. (girdle type thing...can't remember what it's called)

Mindee--W/the new server, that may be why you haven't gotten any mail. I never do, and I never have. Wonder why. But I check a often anyway so it doesn't matter. Come back when you have more time.

Sue--Walking on hills is the best! I love it. Ok...I admit...I hate it at the time, but afterwards I feel so good!!

Hello to everyone else out there.

It's after 5:00 and I need to get some sleep. I need to be up before noon so I better go.

Hugs to all!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Mel - sorry about your ovarian pain. And sorry about your refund being held up, too. Neal used to bring me candy, too, then I asked him to start bringing fruit instead. Now he'll come home with that and he's always proud to show me what he bought, lol.

Katiecat - now the surgery is all over and like Angie said, you can take all the pain reliever you want. How'd it go? Btw, we all talk about our fears here. I don't know what I'd do without all of you to help me through the rough times. So please always feel welcome to share, ok?

Kathy - the way I cook pork ribs is to place them in the pot and squirt KC Masterpiece original bbq sauce over them. Cover and cook on low until tender. How long depends on how full the pot is. Try it! They're yummy!

Katy - you know, there's something to be said for no excitement, right? Glad things are going well for you.

Cristi - yikes about the home prices in CA!! Maybe the salaries are much higher, too. The border in the kitchen has a rolling pin, a clear glass measuring cup with red markings on it, a recipe card stuck between the tines of a fork standing in a cup, etc. It's very busy, so I'm putting it only on one wall. The LR one is soft florals. Sounds like you've been doing lots of cleaning and sorting. You'll be so glad of that once you begin to pack to move.

Angie - doing the blanket with the shells sounds so difficult! I never was talented like that and admire those of you who are. Hey, I've seen some drag queens on TV who do a pretty good Cher, lol.

Nancy - have you seen the crock pot liners? I've seen the commercials, but they aren't available here yet. As soon as they are, I'm stocking up, lol.

Mindee - can't believe the little guy is teething already! Sweet how Brandon helps feed his baby brother.

Sue - When it comes to cabinets, etc, I'm easy to please. About the wall colors, I kind of knew what I had in mind before I started looking. Blues aren't that easy to find, since all the earth tones are so popular right now. I have earth tones in my bed and bath, but really didn't want the whole house the same.

Marti - not sure when the house will be all done. Probably by the end of May. Not sure if the front porch will be done by then, but I'm hoping so. My dream would be that it'll all be done before Katie gets home May 12th.

Susan - where are you?

Well, I wasn't here yesterday because I was just too wiped out. I wasn't on the computer at all. There was a snafu with Dale getting the truck home, so we had the kids much longer than we expected. They were so good, and gave us no trouble at all, but it still wore me out, lol.

Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread