Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #1  
takin it one lb at a time

Smile I fell off of the wagon.

I fell off of the wagon for a very long time. Strangley enough, I havn't gained more than a pound! I havn't watched what I've been eating and I havn't exercised at all. I think I must've been blessed by an angel that I didn't gain 10 lbs, I've been off of the wagon for so long. This is good though, I'm motivated now to start again since I havn't gained a bunch of weight. After you fell off of the wagon, what motivated you to get back on? Did you gain alot of weight again?
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad to hear you're climbing back on again. You didn't really say how long a time "a long time" was.

I gave up for about a year and regained 15 pounds last time I did that. Then I gained 5 more after I started exercising. I learned a lesson from that. The lesson (for me) being, I can't just ignore what I'm choosing to eat and pretend it will all be fine. I think that's called . . . denial!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #3  
takin it one lb at a time

I was off for about a month and a half.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, when I was 17 years old, I weighed about 350 pounds, and decided to go on the Atkin's diet. I lost about 40 pounds or so, and I just stopped, for whatever reason. It was the end of summer, I think, and I just stopped walking every night at the beach with my friends, like we had done every night. I gained all of that back, and have been at 350 pounds until December 12th, 2005. I had just gotten a job in a nursing home, and had to buy scrubs for work, and was devastated to see that NOTHING (top-wise) would fit me! I cried in the store, and left. I decided that something REALLY needed to be done. After all, I'm only 19 years old! So, I started up with the South Beach Diet that very next day, and started an exercise regimine about 2 weeks ago. I've lost 40 pounds (roughly) to date, and I'm not giving up. I'm going to be smaller...and frankly, I'll be HAPPY at 200 pounds, which is the goal I gave myself to reach by my 21st birthday. I've NEVER been a small girl. On top of being big boned, I'm also fat. It's partly due to genetics (Dad=400 pounds, Mom=fluctuates between 180-250 all my life), and partly to being lazy. I got TIRED of complaining about being fat, and doing nothing about it. I was tired of growing into this depression, and my boyfriend kept getting upset because I was depressed all the time. I know I can do this. We can all do this. We are strong, smart women! Let's get this thing!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

ive been off since summer and have gained 9 plus pounds... but have lost 2-3 again. i just got sick of always saying later, tomorrow, etc and started again!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I never let my "fell off the wagon" episodes go for more than 4 or 5 days. I just had one, and the thing that gets me back on is that I've already accomplished SO much that I would never want to undo all of my hard work. It's a great motivation for me. I've probably gained and re-lost 30 or 40 pounds during my lapses. That's another kick in the behind. When I gain, I have to RE-LOSE. I have to lose the same pound TWICE. It's absolute madness. Gaining weight actually motivates me to get that weight off as fast as I can and it really gets me strictly back on track. But it's an awful way to do it.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote