Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default OMG is THAT what I look like?!

I'm needy, I know.

This goes along well with my 'do you not feel fat' thread. I think I just had my 'moment.' I am going to be physically ill.

http://gallery.aapi.info/main.php?g2...&g2_itemId=411

This is much better...but not representative of my body. **** my husband for taking that (up there) full body shot. I actually like this photo :

http://gallery.aapi.info/main.php?g2...&g2_itemId=209

Yes yes yes...don't fret, just do something about it. What good does it do to wallow? Well...for one...if I'm wallowing here I'm not wallowing in the Hershey's...

Edit:

OK, to be fair to myself, that was in June, when I was 250 pounds. I've dropped 25 so that must count for something...right?
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #2  

I think you are beautiful. I love your eyes, they are just gorgeous.

Sometimes wallowing is a step.

Listen, you are taking action. You have recognized that you are not happy with that particular physical attribute. All you have is time. And in that time you can make this particular thing a part of your history.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #3  
Paleo-ish Girl

Thanks, but those aren't 'my' eyes.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #4  

nobody has to know that those aren't your eyes.

i agree, take that picture as a step in the right direction. it definitely seems like you already are (-25 pounds!!!!!), but just keep that as motivation that at one time that was you, and you never want to look like that again.

my brother's roommate (who is quite fit now), has a picture on his fridge of him and his brother. i asked my brother who those guys were and he said that is his roommate. i was shocked that that 250-300 lb person was my brother's roommate at one time.

maybe put that picture up and eventually, you'll have people guessing who that person on the fridge is (you're already on your way).
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #5  

Do any of you think your home mirrors are deceptive?! I often look at myself in the mirror at home and think, "Wow, I look good" and then catch my reflection in a window somewhere and think, "Yikes!" I look forward to the day when I won't mind seeing myself in a reflective surface other than those in my home!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #6  
Paleo-ish Girl

I'm beginning to think mirrors are our comfort zones. They're in our homes, with no one around. When we see ourself, we have nothing to compare it to. But, when we're on the street and pass a window, I, at least, see myself eclipse the skinny girls. That puts it in perspective...
Old 02-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

That's a very good point...I think I look decent in the mirror at home, or even sometimes at the mirrors at the store...but in windows...it's always bad!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i hate to look in mirrors. I look great in my mirror at home, but as soon as i see my reflection in the mirror outside my office, i can't believe i wore that to work. at home, i don't see my butt and belly poking out so far, but at work, it looks like each is poking out a mile on either side of my body. hahahaha. i HATE looking in that mirror.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote