Old 02-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

Smile It's working!but have a question-

Both my husband and I are down 3 pounds!!
But I am wondering something and hope you can help-
My husband would like to have OJ in the morning once we get to wave 2
The book says you can have Oranges but doesn't say anything about juice-Is that because juice has sugar and additives?
Just want to make him happy so he will keep on going
Thanks for your help
Colleen
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  
looking for size 12!

The book does say to avoid juices til wave 3... and then only an occasional treat. The reason she gives is that juice is loaded with sugar (although good sugar) and the fiber that is in the fruit is not in the juice. There isn't enough good stuff to counteract the bad.

My dh loves his juice too.... I bet he'll go back to a daily glass in wave 3.

Kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #3  

Lightbulb What about this way

I wonder if you squeeze it yourself(not that I want to)-would be an option??
Just an idea-not something I would do every moring-but maybe on sunday mornings.
Just a thought
Colleen
Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  
Egy Kis Lany

The reason I have read in a -lot- of places, not just the book (though I've read it there, too) is that when you drink your fruit a lot of the benefits -- like fiber -- are removed in the juice form. Also drinking rarely has the same 'I just had food, I feel satisfied' feeling.
Maybe you can find an extra-pulp juice, I imagine (but am not sure) that would have more fiber.
If I --loved-- juice in the morning, I would have a small glass (think a small tumbler of child's sized juice) every few days and try to really concentrate on how much I love the juice and drink it. And then I'd skip the wine at dinner that day to make up for calories.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #5  

Smile makes sense

Makes sense-Will try that! Thanks for your help!
Colleen
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I do drink my high-pulp OJ every day, and I am still losing weight. Sometimes the authors of diets get really strict, but if there is something you really love and you feel your day will not be complete without it, there is a way to work it in and still be healthy and lose weight. There are a lot worse things you could put into your body than orange juice. My juice glass holds 3/4 of a cup.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #7  

The reason fresh is no better than the store bought is becasue when you squeeze your own you still are not getting the fiber of the orange you are getting just the sweetness of the fruit. It is better to eat the orange than drink its juice. When eating a whole orange you get nutrition; but when drinking the juice you only get the natural sugar of the fruit.
treecricket is offline   Reply With Quote