Old 02-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  

Default Xcel, Tri-Max or Tri-Max Plus

Does anyone know the difference between Xcel, Tri-Max and Tri-Max Plus? Am considering adding a supplement to my plan, but am not sure which one is best and what the differences are between them. Need to get off this plateau. Thanks for all your help. Have enjoyed being a lurker, but can't find the answer to this question without coming out of the woodwork.
pseudomargot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi pseudomargot, and welcome!! Don't have a clue on the supps, but come on over to the Feb Losers and Friends thread and introduce yourself! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I'm not sure what the difference is betweeen Trimax and Trimax Plus. Xcel is the newer version of the two in that it combines the Trimax with the Celluway...the celluway helps with water retention. I take the Xcel. It seems to help with cravings and bloating.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #4  

Just back from my WI and I asked the counselor about the supps. I don't really have any lack of energy or many cravings, but would love to kick start my lazy metabolism. She recommended that I use the tri-max plus in combination with the new Reduce Plus. Her reasoning was that. since my system can't really tolerate caffeine, that the new Xcel might be too much for me as compared to the Tri-max Plus (plus it's way less expensive) and that the new Reduce Plus is really a great supp to help reduce fat muscle mass and to promote lean muscle mass. She felt that this was important for me since I have just gotten a personal trainer for the next 6 weeks and that this will maximize my efforts at the gym. Price is a bit more than I wanted to afford right now, but I'm considering it. I go back on Friday for my next WI and I want to have a decision by then at the latest. May just bite the bullet and go back later today and get started. Also would be good to get rid of the extra water weight from all that Super Bowl Chili.

Had never even heard of the Reduce Plus before. New products every day there it seems.

Love all your input. Perhaps someone will have more details about these new supplements and what they really do.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Hey Pseudomargot I am actually just starting the Reduce Plus. they suggested it for me because I am having a hard time losing the weight. I seem to keep staying around the same weight (plus or minus every now and then). I have lost more inches than weight so they said the reduce plus could help. I bought 2 bottles of the Reduce Plus on ebay for $31 total. Dont know what it is in the center but I didnt think that was too bad for the 2 month supply. Hope this helps!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #6  

Awesome! The Reduce Plus is $29 at the center. I'll check ebay right now. Keep us posted as to how you think the Reduce Plus is working. May still buy one bottle for the $29 just so I can get started right away. Will also be buying the tri-max plus - also $29.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #7  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Tri Max has the following: (I copied the supplement facts straight from the pamphlets they gave me)
100 mcg chromium (Chromomate) from Chromium Polynicotinate
500 mg garcinia cambogia extract (fruit)
250 mg supplying: (-)hydroxycitric acid (HCA)
300 mg Propriety Herbal Blend

Tri Max plus has all of the above +
6.67 mg St Johns Wort Extract (leaf) standardized to 24% ginkoflavonflycosides and 6% terpenes

Did you know that in Washington State the AG office has made LAWL centers stop selling the FB500? My counselor said that one of the other counselors at another center said something they shouldn't have to a client, and that got the Attorney General involved!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #8  

Hockey Chic - Sorry, I'm a Rangers Fan here in NY - anyway, wonder what the real reason that they stopped the FB500. I believe that it has now been replaced by the Reduce Plus.

What are the benefits of the extra ingredients? The St. John's Wort etc.??? Don't know if I should get the regular or the plus. or try to get the xcel on ebay at a discount - since $89 for the Xcel is out of the question.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #9  
On stabilization

Oh well, No accounting for taste, PsuedoMargot! Just kidding - the Rangers are a fine team - on that note, Go Flames!

Again, I am just quoting from the fliers they sent home with me regarding the supplements - "Tri Max Plus contains St. Johns Wort and Ginkgo Biloba, which have been found to ehlp stabilize your mood, increase your feeling of well being and even reduce PMS symptoms."

I personally don't take any of the supps, so I can't help you there.

I too, am waiting to see if anyone can shed the light on the FB500 and the state of WA!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #10  
New mommy again :-)

St. John's Wort can be used as an over-the-counter anti-depressant. You do have to be careful if you are on birth controls...the St. John's Wort can reduce the pill's effectiveness...unless you want a baby
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Amazing what 5 seconds of Googling can come up with

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...eightloss.html
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #12  
On stabilization

Default Duh!

Jeez, Juliemarie, why didn't I think of that! I am usually the first one to turn to the internet to look something up.
Thanks for the link!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #13  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Juliemarie--thanks for the link--I just finished up my bottle of FB500--yes, I was suckered in by a girl that I have never seen at the center since. She assured me my inch loss would DRAMATICALLY increase by taking them--can't say I thought 2.5 inches in my first 4 weeks was "dramatic" so I decided for my next 4 weeks I would try without--now I am glad. Does anyone take any of the supplements (besides the vitamax, calcium, and EFA) that they think is helping. At this point I am game for anything.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM   #14  

Default Loved LA Weight Loss

Intense supervision and support in Brooklyn NY lost 75 pounds. Looking for similar program and Xcel wieght loss supplements...they helped me greatly.
bertibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM   #15  

Default Loved LA Weight Loss

Intense supervision and support in Brooklyn NY lost 75 pounds. Looking for similar program and Xcel wieght loss supplements...they helped me greatly.
bertibelle is offline   Reply With Quote