View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #1

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Best Diet finds, tricks, "Point Bargains...."

I get bored easily, so I'm always looking for fun ways to use my points.
Like topping hot oatmeal and fruit (or fruit flavored oatmeal) with with low-cal icecream. Even if you use the instant packets, it's a lot fewer points than cobbler, which it reminds me of.

I found a really cool website, It's sort of a weight control blog that includes reviews of products and WW point values. She's a big fan of House Foods brand Tofu Shirataki noodles. They're only 40 calories (and I would guess about 1 point or less, because they're also high in fiber) for a two-serving bag. I'm thinking of ordering (there's a link on her site), but ordering online is always so expensive by the time you add in shipping.

You know how light frozen dinners are so skimpy? Well tonight I put a bunch of shredded romaine lettuce on a plate with bean sprouts and sliced green onion, and added some light vinaigrette (I hate fat free dressings, but would have used plain rice wine vinegar and a little Splenda if I had any, but I ran out). Then I added my microwaved teriyaki beef dinner on top of the lettuce.
It was pretty good, but I think it would have been even better with one of the Lean Cuisine oriental chicken dishes like orange chicken or pecan chicken.

Anyone else have any diet treats?
My Etsy shop (currently closed for the summer)
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!