View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
kaplods

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Best Diet finds, tricks, "Point Bargains...."

I get bored easily, so I'm always looking for fun ways to use my points.
Like topping hot oatmeal and fruit (or fruit flavored oatmeal) with with low-cal icecream. Even if you use the instant packets, it's a lot fewer points than cobbler, which it reminds me of.

I found a really cool website, hungry-girl.com It's sort of a weight control blog that includes reviews of products and WW point values. She's a big fan of House Foods brand Tofu Shirataki noodles. They're only 40 calories (and I would guess about 1 point or less, because they're also high in fiber) for a two-serving bag. I'm thinking of ordering (there's a link on her site), but ordering online is always so expensive by the time you add in shipping.

You know how light frozen dinners are so skimpy? Well tonight I put a bunch of shredded romaine lettuce on a plate with bean sprouts and sliced green onion, and added some light vinaigrette (I hate fat free dressings, but would have used plain rice wine vinegar and a little Splenda if I had any, but I ran out). Then I added my microwaved teriyaki beef dinner on top of the lettuce.
It was pretty good, but I think it would have been even better with one of the Lean Cuisine oriental chicken dishes like orange chicken or pecan chicken.

Anyone else have any diet treats?

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!