General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 PM   #1  
banned

Default need help from video game players!

ok

i know this is 'retro' but does anyone out there have an atari system? i grew up w one and i just bought a used unnit and was hoping for help hooking it to the modern tv's....
Old 02-07-2006, 12:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

My husband knows all about this stuff. We have about a dozen system and literally HUNDREDS of games. I'm not so good with the technical stuff so I'll ask him about it tomorrow and let you know.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #3  
banned

thatd be great stacy! ty!

i didnt get it yet but im hoping theres an easy way to connect. i cant wait to play!!! my favs are space invaders, pacman, pitfall and asteroids. im anx to try piotfall 2 bc i never had that one.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #4  

If u are buying it from a retail place don't worry becuase the new retro atari has games already in the system itself, also it connect to ur tv through the yellow and white av jacks. From what I've seen it looks like u should get the flashback 2.0 as the 1.0 is terrible.This one has 40 games in it, the 2.0. I guess it is just preference in the end, when u can choose this on or the next one I mention, among many other things that aren't as great as the mentioned ones.

There's also the atari 10 in 1 tvgames which is just the joystick. This one needs the av jack or the white and yellow output ones which u can find on almost all tvs.

Nintendo ruled. PS rules Atari was cool!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #5  
banned

hey to be!

so you like nintendo eh? j/k..thats cool...id love to chat w ya bout this stuff. its funny bc i played for hrs and hrs esp. w the wico joysticks i had. the kicker is a few years back, my dad, an avid yard sale hunter, brought home a game set w a ton of cartridges and it was only bout 2 yrs ago that i tossed it b/c the little tiny box that said tv and game switch on it was busted. i actually purchased a refurbished 2600 unit w 27 games plus the wico paddles. the one thing i will say is the original paddles totally sucked. only reason this all came bout again is bc a friend of mine is an avid video player and she has what you described bout the games built in and i got nostolgic and decided i deserved a 'toy' of my own so i decided to do a search to see if i could locate a site that'd allow me to buy w/o paypal bc i dont have an acct.
the unit went out yesterday from FL and im in NY so im hoping itll arrive in a few days.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #6  

I didn't forget about ya! My husband is at work and normally I'd be able to talk to him while he's there but he has some training class today so I won't be able to ask him until tonight.

What games came with it?

I happen to be a Super Nintendo person myself. I'm in the middle of playing through Super Mario 3 from Super Mario Allstars. Soooo much easier than getting the cartridges to work on the original Nintendo. We need to get that adapter with the gold pins for it. Have you seen it or do you have that To Be?

Hmmm, I'm going to have to break out the camera a little later and take a picture of all our older games. My husband is soooo proud of his collection.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #7  

Other huge consoles to recall: SEga, eventhough I thought while the graphics were better they only had one or two games that were worth playing, also it was more expensive for a long while. Remind u of anyone right now...Micro.what?

There was also TurboGrafx 16 or nec which was way too too too too expensive at the time. This thing was like over 400 just for thier portable at the time. That's insane!

I'm sure their were others that I don't really recall but heard of. Oh, like Dreamcast. I heard okay things but never played it.

While it seems mircosoft is getting smarter now, sony is doing what they did when they released ps2, their getting us things we like. Darn sony and their virus protections! Their like a friend who keeps taking u to cool parties but never says sorry for the stuff that happens in between those good parties.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  
banned

whats up stacy?
how ya doin? sounds like youre havin some nintendo fun....good for you!! its a atari 2600, that has 27 carts but all i care about is space invaders, asteroids, pitfall 1 and 2, ms and pacman, and kaboom. and oh yeah missle command is cool too. what are your favs?

would you ladies be interested in starting a video game chat in another part of the forum?

i will pm you the site bc ive 2 sites that im sure has what you need
thanks again stacy!

hi to be! yeah my sis dh loves playstation i think...
Old 02-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #9  
banned

ok stacy...
i think i put ya on the road to finding what you need bc i just pm 3 links so 1 of them should have it.

my system will have:

Asteroids
Basketball
Berzerk
Bowling
Combat
Cosmic Ark
Dark Cavern
Defender
Demon Attack
Dodge 'Em
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Football
Laser Blast
Lock and Chase
Missile Command
Pac-Man
Pole Position
RealSports Baseball
Space Invaders
Space Jockey
Starmaster
Swordquest: Earthworld
Tennis
Video Pinball
Yars' Revenge
kaboom
pitfall2

i thought it had mds. pac man. oh well, dont care its got pacman
Old 02-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #10  

Thanks for the sites!

Here's all the systems we have, I thought I'd list them since to be mentioned turbo grafx:

Atari (I'm not sure which one though )
TurboGrafx
Sega Master System
Super Nintendo
N64
Dreamcast
Game Gear
Playstation
Sega Genesis
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Gameboys (2 originals, 2 colors, Advance SP)
Nintendo DS

Hmm, I think that's it.
My favorite older games have to be all the Mario Bros., The Ninendo Zeldas, and Yoshi Story on SNES. Space Invaders was fun but I suck at it. Bad. Oh yea, Pacman is good too. I like it on Atari the most because of the joystick. I have the newer versions for Playstation but it's not as fun.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #11  

Wow, good games! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #12  
banned

w everything it was 2 something but that was w the wico bat joysticks that i had.
it started at 144, shipping was 20, then there was tax not sure how much and then he tossed in the pitfall 2 bc i accidentally had put a quantity of 2 joysticks and he said he only had 1 and was gonna put a check in the pkg and i took the p2 and kaboom instead.
im soooo kickin myself fot tossing out what dad had brought home bc it even had this big wood thing that the thing sat in and the outside held all the carts! i bought from the a.ace i sent you. plus i bought a 2nd joystick from the B.E. place for 35.

i think both my sis dh's have playstation/playstation 2 and i think 1 also has nintendo, and sega.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #13  

ok andrea, I asked and he said it should come with a connector that hooks up to the cable screw thing on the tv. it will also have a screw on it that you can hook your cable up to so you don't have to take it on and off. it just has a switch on it for whichever you want. no problem
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #14  
banned

thanks stacy...i appreciate that!
Closed Thread