Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Default Wu-Long / Oolong tea...what's the scoop?

I noticed an ad a few days go here on 3FC for Wu-long tea. It sounds like just another "slimming" tea, but I wasn't sure? I'm not interested in anything that is a laxative. I tend to think all these claims are gimmicky. It's real $$$ too.

If there is already a thread that deals with this on 3FC I apoligize.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Oolong tea are semi-fermented teas (often considered the middle between the unfermented green or the fully fermented black teas) - they do confer the various health benefits associated with tea drinking, notably their antioxidant properties, and oolongs taste great "naked" too (I usually think of them as mellower than green or blacks, thus easier to go down) -- but I wouldn't drink them for the sole benefit of weight loss.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

Thanks for explaining what oolong tea is. I'm not crazy about green tea, so I think I'll give this a try - for the antioxidant properties. Not the Wu-long variety - just something from the store.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

i drink oolong all the time, but I believe it has NOTHING to do with weight loss. Most chinese people (yes, I am chinese) have the tea as a staple product for its refreshing taste, and I believe you would enjoy it. Although, I dont believe it will cause any weightloss!

Oh yeah, I also choose the decaf kind. It's not really a laxative tea though... there are different types of oolong but the types that are sold aren't really potent in indicuing bowel movement!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:21 AM   #5  
it's always something

We haven't intentionally advertised anything like that. It may have been on a Google ad, which scans for keywords and displays ads out of many thousands in their system. If I see the ad, I'll add it to the google censor to prevent it from appearing again. Slimming teas should definitely be avoided.

But a good cup of green tea can be good for you on several levels. I enjoy trying new varieties, and particularly love the teas offered by Adagio
Old 02-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
But a good cup of green tea can be good for you on several levels. I enjoy trying new varieties, and particularly love the teas offered by Adagio
I'll have to look out for that brand - usually I get Republic of Tea which is pretty good (not that I'm a tea expert or anything...).
Old 02-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #7  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
We haven't intentionally advertised anything like that. It may have been on a Google ad, which scans for keywords and displays ads out of many thousands in their system. If I see the ad, I'll add it to the google censor to prevent it from appearing again. Slimming teas should definitely be avoided.
It was out in the gallery section - not in the main forum here. Could have been a Google ad - it was at the bottom of the page and it was touted as Oprah's choice of tea. No, I didn't buy it! But I have been enjoying some green and white teas! My favorites so far are Persimmon White Tea (Republic of Tea brand) and Zen (Tazo brand), which is green tea with lemon verbena & spearmint. They are delicious!
Closed Thread