Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default Does anyone sleep more than usual

While on NUTRISYSTEM?

My sister and I are having problems staying awake
cesinesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #2  
it's always something

Are you getting in all of your extra foods that they recommend, besides the NS foods? I would suggest that you keep a good food log and write down everything you eat - NS foods and your proteins/dairy/veggies/etc. Then add up your calories, and maybe even your protein. You might not be eating enough. You might also want to add a multivitamin, such as Centrum. What about exercise? Becoming more active can boost your energy levels, though you need to make sure you're getting the nutrients to support it.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I don't know about nutrisystem but I know that if my calories are too low, I get sleepy. Which is pretty much what Suzanne said, isn't it?
But if I exercise during the daytime, I sleep much better at night
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

No, but I actually have the opposite problem- I could stay awake for days! I have to take something at night to make me sleep.

Is there a specific time of the day when you are sleepy, or all day long?

I agree with Suzanne and Susan- maybe try to exercise at the times you get sleepy- even a quick 5 minute walk will help stir things up. Also, I take One-A-Day's "Weight Smart" multi-vitamin, and that has some herbs to help give your metabolism a boost, and drinking green tea might also help- that has a tiny bit of caffeine, but the properties of the leaves boost your metabolism as well, and that will give you a little more energy.
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote