Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #1  
Exercise Queen

Smile 30 Something to Lose 30 Something February

This is a group of us 30 somethings who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  

I want to join! Count me in. I have lost 7 pounds and have more to go. I'd like to lose 60 total.
Here's my background. My name is Sonya. I have 2 kids --a daughter almost 4 and a 16 month old son who might be autistic. Yes, I am a wreck about it!
I am a special ed teacher (how' that for ironic) and I have been married for 8 years.
As for diet--just watching what I eat. I have a problem not getting cappucinos in the morning. If I could cut them out I am sure I would be doing better. Exercise--non existent right now.
Can't wait to know you all
sag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Sag

We have been going at this for around 2 months now and have had people come and go and we need some more revitalizing energy. 7 pounds is great and 60 doable. I hope we can help and support you on your journey.

I am having a great week so far and really feel on plan and energized. I hope my scale feels the same on Friday. Please let me be in the 170s this week.

Did I show you gals this:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

It is a map that you use to track the mileage that you walk. I am a big walker and often just wander but never really know how far I have gone. Using this I think I am going to keep track of how many miles I walk (for excersize) in February. Check it out!

Sunday: + 1 hour walk withthe glas
Monday: walk to work plus stairs,
Tuesday: couldn't motivate myself to NordicTrack,
Wednesday: walk to wok plus stairs

February Miles 1.58

Amanda
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  

Could I join too?. I joined this board about 3 weeks ago but haven't been able to really keep up with a group yet (except checking in at WW at home now and then) as it's school holidays at the moment. The kids go back in 5 MORE DAYS (can you tell I'm excited, lol) so will have more time to post regularly.

I'm Tanya, am 36, have been together with DH for 13 odd years and have 4 boys aged 12, 10, 6 and 3. I work part-time from home. I started doing WW from home at the same time I joined this board and have lost just over 8lbs (3.8kg) so far with about 35.5lbs (16.2kg) to go. My goal is to get slim, fit and healthy for life this year. I surpassed my January exercise goal of 1000 minutes and have made a goal of 1100 minutes for February. My main exercise at the moment is walking. I love this board - the support here is awesome. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Amanda ~ the GMap is awesome. I even found NZ on it - although the tracker isn't available. Good luck with reaching the 170s this week.

Sonya ~ Good luck with achieving your goal. I can imagine how overwhelmed you must feel with the possibility of autism, your son is fortunate to have a Mum who's experienced with special needs. A friend is going through the same thing with her 3 yo boy and it's been pretty tough for her and a steep learning curve. He's thriving with the programmes and therapies they have put in place for him.

Hi Michelle.

Last edited by Silverfern; 02-01-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Silverfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #5  

Hi all!!! I am finally back at work and better able to keep up with the postings now!

Amanda- that gmap thing is cool!!! I am trying to get that 10,000 step idea into my life and that would be a very cool way to track it! Thanks so much for posting it!

To the new ladies- welcome aboard! My name is Michelle but I go by Chelle so as not to confuse everyone I have a 6 yr old son and have been married to my dh for 9.5 yrs, though together for 15. I have about 75 lbs I want to lose but so far have been slow to start thanks to medical issues. Hopefully that is all behind me and I can get on with exercising!

I am wondering if anyone here has had a c-section... I think that I hate my stomach most of all because it looks so fat after having the c-section done. Anyone else with this issue?

well, I must get back to work!!
chellefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:29 AM   #6  

Hi Chelle ~ I hear you on the c-section tummy. I had one with my first son and when I did manage to lose a lot of weight last time I still had that stupid pouch that hangs over the scar. My nerves are still weird there so when I scratch it feels numb.

I didn't manage to get a walk in today so did Core Secrets after the boys went to bed. I bought it ages ago and have only done it once before. Went straight to the accelerated workout and got a good sweat up although I found some of the exercises tricky because the carpet was so darn slippery, even with shoes on. I tried to do a bit of skipping afterwards but only lasted a couple of minutes. I hate skipping.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone....

Sorry to have been awol lately. We put our house up for sale -- FSBO -- on Sunday, so you can imagine how hectic my life has been. Sadly, we have had only one couple come to look at the house The good news is that I have been literally cleaning my hiney off haha! If and when I can figure out how to change my ticker, it will now read 159lbs. Woohoo!

Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #8  

Glad you are back Nancy and almost 10 pounds lighter, To edit your tracker go into usercp, then edit signature then down to the signature and change the last number to 159.

Welcome Michelle from NZ, sorry you couldn't use the gmap. It is alot of fun. It must only be of the US. I tried London and Paris and it didn't have a map for those places.

I am Amanda, 34 to be 35 next month (gulp). Mother of a very fiesty 13 month old and wife of a truely great guy. I have about 40 to lose and am down by 14. I am just counting calories and excersizing and over thinking everything that goes in me.

Wednesday: walk to wok plus stairs
Thursday: + walked to worked and walked home!!!!!!!!!!!!

:weigh in tomorrow and Aunt Flo is in town
Old 02-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #9  

Nancy ~ Sounds like you're having a stressful time at the moment, WTG on the great loss. Remember, it only takes one couple to buy your house so just because you haven't had volumes of people through doesn't mean it won't sell. We just sold our house and I stressed so much about it but possibly because I don't like our house and I was so worried no one else would want to buy it. It all worked out so well - we didn't have to list with a real estate agent as we sold privately to a friend of a friend who bought it as an investment property so we are able to rent back from him until our new house is built.

Amanda ~ I overthink everything I eat too. I think WW has made me obsessed with food in some respects - making sure I don't eat too much as we don't have the points flexibility that the US does. Good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow. I hate weighing at AF time as I always gain at least a couple of pounds. At least it makes the following week's weigh in seem that much better.

Just had lunch with a friend who went travelling overseas with her DH and kids over the summer break. I'm so jealous -what a time they had. Had a stuffed potato for lunch so not sure how many points to allow. If I say 5 that should cover it?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #10  
ves

now was wondering if it is okay to join more than one thread???? im new to this posting thing? seems like alot of nice people on here
ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #11  

Good morning all! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm doing a project at work that is a little outside my comfort zone and so I can't wait until it's over!

Welcome to all the new people. I'm Kat. 35 (it's not so bad Amanda) with 2 boys, 3.5 yrs & 11 mos. Dh and I are done having kids (Tanya you are amazing with 4 boys) so there are no more excuses to lose weight. (Well, there are lots of excuses, but I'm trying not to use them anymore. ).

Chelle - I too have a C-section tummy, although I'm an apple shape to begin with so that doesn't help. I'll be interested to see what it looks like after the weight is gone.

Tanya - I like your idea of having a goal to exercise for a certain number of minutes each month. I think I'll give that a try.

Have a great day everyone!
katnol60601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #12  

Thumbs up

Ves, join as many threads as you cna keep up with. Find the support you need. There are lots of encouraging people on this site.

Despite AF being in town I am feeling great.

: down 1 pound!!!!!!!I am in 170 land!!!!!!
The funny thing was this morning I was bummed because the scale read .5 pounds up. But as I was drying my hair I realized that I weight with wet hair and a wet towel on my head. So, I reweighed and I was down to 179!!!!!That make it official 15 pounds since November!!!!!!!!

Wednesday: walk to work plus stairs
Thursday: + walked to worked and walked home!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday: walk to work plus stairs

I am feeling particulary skinny today. It is going to be in the 70s and beautiful here today. Spring is here. I am feeling fabulous.

Ready to start the weekend, my boss is already playing hookey today. I may just join her,
Amanda
Old 02-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Thanks, obsmama for the ticker advice.....I did manage to fix it!

I am so stressed out trying to sell our house. If only there was more interest! But you are right, Silverfern, it does only take one couple. Congrats by the way for selling your house and being able to rent it till your new home is built. I *know* how relieved you must feel.

I may have lost weight these past two weeks, but my diet has been horrible. Reeses chocolate peanut butter hearts anyone?! Sadly, that has been a mainstay of my diet lately, that and Diet Coke. Yikes!! So, I am really going to make it a point to eat healthily from now on. No more candy. (but man, the Valentines aisle at the store is a big temptation for me every time). My excercise hasn't been anything that I could count, it has been deep cleaning. Washing windows, scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees, packing boxes.....had I known that being a neat freak would burn so many calories I might have become one sooner

By the way, for those that don't know me..... my name is Nancy, I am 37 and have been married for 14 years this Valentines day. We have 4 children, 3dds 12, 9, 4 and 1 ds age 2. I am a sahm, and we are building a house. And, I should be cleaning right now! lol!!

Have a good weekend everyone,
Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #14  

Kat ~ I occasionally wish we'd stopped at 4 boys, lol. The noise can be deafening at times. The exercise goal is definitely working for me, although sometimes I find I'm obsessed and get grumpy if I have to miss a day.

Amanda ~ WTG on making it into the 170s. Congrats on the 15lbs thus far, since November is a great effort!!

Nancy ~ Selling a house on it's own is stressful - building increases that ten-fold. What stage are you at? Our plans are in at the local council and we're waiting for a building permit. Building is phenomonal in our area at the moment so permits are taking 16+ weeks - unlike when we first built here 8 years ago the permit took 3 weeks!! We don't get Reeses here but I was able to try some a while ago - yuk, definitely not my thing, lol. Cleaning/packing is definitely great exercise - it's a whole body workout. Nice to see someone else with 4 kids - some people's reactions to my brood, especially having 4 boys, can be quite entertaining.

It's Saturday morning, so I suppose I should go get dressed and clean up the pigsty. I can't wait to have a bigger house - our current house is too small for 6 people and a home-business. We're bulging at the seams and 1 toilet is a nuisance. Have a great weekend all.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:49 AM   #15  

OMG Tanya!!! I cannot believe that you don't like Reese's!!!! They are my absolute favorite, well, that and Andes candies. I could live on them! lol

Ok, so since I have been out of the loop, what are the challenges that are going on and what do the and mean?

I will check in tomorrow.

nighty night!!
chellefox is offline   Reply With Quote