Old 02-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #1  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Seriously....Who's With Me???

OK ladies ~
I've had enough of this half-#$&! diet and exercising. I'm ready to fully commit to this. I'm looking for some of you to help hold me accountable and I'll do the same for you. I want to start posting daily and really checking in with each other on how we're doing. My plan is to exercise more and eat less, simple as that. I'm not going to follow a "diet", just eat smaller portions and make healthier choices (no fries, no M&Ms, etc.)

I can't do it alone...I need you guys with me to keep me on track. Let's do this toghether and seriously get some results!!

Who's with me???

Sandra
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

I've already signed the blood oath.....I'm on the West coast and check in on the forum during my work day....let me know how I can help
BetterDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Sandra!! I'm with you! I've been on a thread called A few Good Friends for 4 months now and have had some progress but I need more motivation!! Tell me why I want to exercise??????What don't I want to eat that plate FULL of pasta???? See I need help too!
Do you want to stick to this thread? Or do you want to join AFGF and help me turn things around????
Either way,I'm glad I found you!!
Wendy
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #4  

i'm with you too! I"ve been so good since i've started here. I've counted every point that's gone into my mouth and have tried to exercise regularly. Unfortunately, the numbers on the scale aren't going down. I have lost inches and my pants are baggy and i'm happy about it but i'd just like to see a smaller number on the scale. I bought a 10 week pass to weight watchers so I wouldn't quit after just a few weeks but i have to admit, I was really disapointed last week when I stayed the same. 5lbs in 3 weeks is not motivating! But I'll keep going to the end of my 10 weeks then re-evaluate. (I know a 1-2 lb/week weight loss is good) BUT I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #5  

Hello ladies!! I haven't done the WW thing yet,I think it's to expensive,or I'm just cheap 1 of the 2!!!!! It really seems to work for alot of people though! I guess I might have to break down and pay the price one of these days,or I might end up paying the price ,lol!!! Have a great evening!
W.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #6  

Till tomorrow ladies!! Good night and sweet dreams!
W.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  
Sandra

Hi Wendy, Susie and BetterDays ~
YAY!! I'm so glad you've joined me!! We can do this together, I know we can!!
Wendy, if you don't mind, I'd like to stick to this thread because I've "told" a few people to find me here and join in and I don't want to lose them.

WW does seem to work for a lot of people - I love your joke about paying the price - LOL!!

What is everyone doing for their weight loss? I've gone to the gym today already and put in an hour on the treadmill. I sweat my butt off.

Do we want to have an official weigh-in day and report how we're doing? I usually weigh in on Fridays but I'm certainly flexible.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Talking With ya!

I made a thread on Tuesday that said "Weigh-in and measure-in" I said to measure and weigh on Fridays. I will probably post on this thread and on that one. You can too.

Last night I did 30 min on the treadmill and some criss-cross crunches.
Monday I did 30 min on the treadmill and 10 minutes of strength training.

I'm planning on doing my routine again tonight. I wanna exercise on Mon, Wed, and Fri, but I have a weigh in and measure in on tomorrow, so I guess I gotta try to bur off some extra calories tonight! I'm trying to do the counting calories thing, it has helped me lose the little weight I have lost so far.
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #9  
Sandra

It sounds like you have a good plan in place Mia!! We can definitely do this. I like the idea of measuring too so when the scale doesn't budge, maybe the inches will.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  

OK, I'll join! I first lost about 19 pounds, and then slacked for a year. Maintained it, but just chugged along.

Got serious again a little over a month ago. Very excited about it, too!
Loreebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #11  

Sorry I have been MIA Got alot of things going on right now...Chat with you all tomorrow!
W.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #12  
Sandra

Good morning Ladies ~
Welcome Loreebee!! We're gonna kick some butt on this thread and really support each other!!

I ate "OK" yesterday. Can anyone say M&M's?? Ugh. Anyway, did well with portion control and made a healthy dinner with no seconds.

Also, made it to the gym this morning. 45 min. on the treadmill so I'm off to a good start today.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #13  
I WILL Do This...

Hi...I'm Donna....and I NEED HELP!!!

There I said it...I need to do this I want to do this but for some reason I keep falling off the wagon after a week. Why I have no clue...I've done reasonably well in the weeks that I've managed to exercise and eat right. There is no excuse for this...I'm stronger than that and I'm going to win this battle...with your help I'm hoping I'll be able to make it beyone the second, third and forth week. I'm hoping by then I'll have formed some great habits and it won't be so hard to do what I need to do.

I'm 31 and have two wonderful little men. My oldest is 22 months and my youngest is 6 months. Having two kids 16 months apart was very rough on the body...my stomach will never look the same (that I'm okay with the extra FAT I'm not okay with). I'm currently sitting at 208 lbs. which is down 4 pounds from my last successful losing week. My ultimate goal is 160 pounds but hitting 175 pounds would make me very happy and very comfortable.

My plan of attack...besides staying on plan after the first week is to

Use the Wendie Plan...I'll plan my food intake for the entire week and if it isn't written down for that day I CAN'T eat it. By having a fixed number of points for each day I can plan in advance. I'll know what to take down for dinner and shopping will be much easier. Exercise is to happen each and every night for a minimum of 30 minutes. I have a gym quality treadmill and bike in the basement just begging me to use them. I'll post nightly so if you don't see a post from me hunt me down and haul my butt back on to plan.

I'm excited to have found a group of people that I can get to know, encourage on and better yet that will do the same for me.

We can do this....now it's time to do some menu planning!
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #14  

Plugging along.

Did 4 miles on the treadmill this am (about 70 minutes...helps to have a portable DVD with a great movie, LOL) 60 squats (4 sets of 15), 30 pushups (inbetween sets of squats), 25 situps, some thigh lifts, and some ab work.

Still have to do the PM situps and pushups later this evening.

Lovin feeling better, still not lovin the look, LOL!!

Still on program. Not following a specific one, just eating sensibly and the way I (and everyone) was meant to eat. Tomorrow is our "free night out", and I like having that every week. Although, it is not as exciting to me as it was a month ago, LOL! So far no cravings, no issues. Whew.

Down a pound this am from last week.

When are we doing our weigh ins?
Loreebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #15  
Sandra

Good Morning everyone~
Did my time at the gym this morning. I feel a little guilty because I only did 1/2 hour instead of the hour. I'm still not doing too great in the eating department.

How about we post our weigh-ins on either Fridays or Saturdays?

What kind of programs are you guys following?

TTFN!!