Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #1  
Moi

Default Slim-Fast February!

You've come to the right place... this is discussion and support for the Slim-fast plan! February Edition! Our first official dedicated thread, we're all just starting this up! Everybody is welcome to join in!

Weigh-in is Sundays!

Ok... start yer yakkin'!

Old 02-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning!!! Ready for a new day? I sure am! Had an excellent day yesterday, ate 1700 calories and did 2 workouts! YaY! My only slow spot is the water, its hard to drink alot when I'm sitting in classes all morning, but I'll work on it!

So I was thinking, maybe we should share some healthy superbowl snack ideas? I dont know about everyone else but we will be tuned in and the snacks will be plentiful. I dont want to totally blow it! anyone got some good ones?

Well I'm off to class! Have a fabulous day! I'll check back in this afternoon after I work out! Be good! We can do this!!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #3  
Moi

My suggestion for a festive tv party snack is a big prettily displayed tray of cut up VEGGIES! Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom etc... with a nice spicey salsa dip... with Nacho chips to dip in the salsa for the non-dieters! I figure you can let loose for one day and scarf down a snack like that (sans nachos!) without worrying too much about blowing it. What do you think?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  

Hello everyone! Moi, thanks for starting the new thread for us!

I had a great day yesterday. Did 2 BL workouts and rode the bike for an hour. However, this morning I was doing my workout and I literally heard something pop in the front of my thigh. I was able to finish the workout minus the deep lunges, it didn't hurt then. Now, it hurts! lol And now I get the pain not only in the front of my thigh, but it wraps around to right below my hiney. Don't know what the heck I did!!! Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Will not let my "injury" get me down tho!! No, it will still be a super week even if I have to tone down the exercise a bit for the remainder of the week. I refuse to give up!!!

Alright, well it's time to fetch the kids from school. Dontcha just love half days! lol I swear, they spend more time out of school than in. Seems like it anyways.

I will check in with you all later today! Be good!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #5  
Melissa

Its me again! Moi...I think you are so right about the nachos, we've come to love the baked doritos around here and the fresh salsa. I think I may even make some guacamole too, fatty but the good fat! Plus its all about moderation right!

The other thing I'll do is have whole wheat pita triangles with hummus. Then for the bad stuff we are doing wings and this pizza dip I make that you put on ritz crackers. I'll avoid it as best I can!

I'm not going to be too hard on myself though, I'll just be glad we are weighing in that morning before the game! LOL!

Dani...that injury doesnt sound too good. I would really watch it if I were you, I dunno about the front of the thigh but wrapping around like its a groin or hammy and those can take forever to heal if you dont do it right. Way to go on finishing up though...ya trooper! LOL! I sure hope its feeling better soon, we cant have you get derailed now that you are going so strong!

Where are the rest of the Slimfasters? come out come out wherever you are!!! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
Old 02-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #6  
Melissa

Oh I'm feeling lonely! Where did everyone go? I had another fantastic day yesterday! Got in all 3 of my workouts and stuck to plan eating wise!! I'm all ready for that weighin come Sunday!!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #7  

Hi Melissa. Sorry to leave ya here all alone, been a busy morning for me!
But here I am!

Congrat's on getting those workouts in lady. That scale won't know what hit it come Sunday! You are rockin!

I had a great yesterday too, besides hurting myself while working out of course. I laid down all day and night and woke up today to feeling a ton better. It barely hurts now at all. I am so relieved! So today is rest and then tomorrow I will probably just do the bike and weights..try to save the jumping and such until Monday.

Moi, where are ya girl? Hope everything's okay with you.

Guess it's you and me, Mel. At least for now.

Check in later.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #8  
Moi

I was busy this morning too... doing my yoga workout! You know, I'm not sure but I think I find I eat better on days of yoga... the past couple days I tried something else instead and found it really hard to control my eating and I didn't do so well ... today I did some yoga and I already notice a difference. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I think I know what I need to!

I'm glad you're resting your sore leg Danielle and finding it to be of help! Phew.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #9  

Yoga, huh? That is something I am just not good at. I've tried doing it but I think I always do it wrong.

I have noticed a difference too when I exercise I don't feel as hungry (either that or it's my medication. lol) but no, seriously, I noticed that as well. I dunno why...Melissa is the nutrition expert, I'm sure she'll be able to tell us.
I just like it though, so I'm not questioning it too much!

Yes, the leg is so much better today, I'm pretty happy about this news.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #10  
Melissa

I had such a great day I had to come brag...I hope thats okay! LOL! I stuck to my plan like a champ today! I came up with the best dinner, last night we had this pork tenderloin thing and it turned out so yummy, well we had leftovers, so tonight I cut it into strips and sauteed it with some yellow peppers then put it in a whole wheat tortilla with lettuce and tomatoes...oh it was so YUM!!! I did so well today I get to have my hot fudge sundae..with sugarfree icecream mind you! That'll put me at 1600 calories so if I can stay up later I can have some smartpop with a movie!!

So thats not even the end of my great day! I rode the bike for the usual hour today and I was supposed to do my biggest loser workout #3 this afternoon, well I didnt do it. After dinner I was feeling so great and the house is all quiet so I popped in the DVD and did the workout!! YaY me!!

I hope everyone else had wonderful days too! Dani, so glad your leg is feeling better! Moi..way to go on skipping computer for exercise girl!! Now, as to why you dont get hungry afterwards, I'm gonna have to pull out my book to get you the specifics but it happens to alot of people. My husband cant eat for hours after he plays basketball. I've not really noticed it, but that could just be because of the times I workout.

Well, off to enjoy my night snack! I hope everyone has an excellent weekend! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #11  
Melissa

Dont forget Sunday Morning 2/5/06 weigh in!

I'm down 5.5 lbs this week!!! yay!!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #12  

Default Sunday Weigh In 2/5

Lost 2.5 pounds.

The best part..... I lost 4.5 inches! This means more to me than the pounds for sure!

GREAT job Melissa!!! I knew you'd have a fabulous first weigh in!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #13  
Moi

You are both goddesses! (aw darn, I thought there'd be a bowing smilie!)

After 1 week I'm down 1 pound. 2nd half of the week didn't go as well as when I started, but I learned from it and hopefully next week will show another loss.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Can I join too!!!??? I just started Slim Fast last week. I had weigh in today but I also aunt flo showed up yesterday, so I"m not counting it as a valid weight until next Monday.

What are some good dinner meals that you all have thought of so far??
Old 02-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #15  
Moi

Absolutely! The more the merrier, welcome!
Closed Thread