Old 02-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Default Help me win the $$$$

Okay ladies, Here is my dillema -I weighed today with my group at work and I was down 1 lb. I have 3.5 lbs to go before I win half the money in the pot which after today is $172. I'm going to MI to visit my BF on Feb 16, so I was hoping to win the money the day before I leave - that would be great spending money to have.

So, since I have been sick - I haven't been to the gym much. I went Monday and did my weight training, but wasn't quite ready for the cardio due to my sinuses and not being able to breathe much through my nose. So, Hoping to be back full time to the gym by tomorrow - I can actually breathe again this morning!!!

What should I do for the next 14 days? Should I try to concentrate more on cardio or keep doing alternate cardio and weights? I know the muscle is going to burn more fat, but I don't want to gain any muscle weight before then either. I haven't noticed a considerable gain since I've been going - so I mainly think that the muscle gained has evened out with the weight loss.
I know I probably need to add some more food variety to my diet. Should I start switchig around my P and S - like having all my S before dinner or making sure I have a P with breakfast instead of lunch and dinner? Just wondering what I could do to trick my body into getting rid of another 3.5 in 14 days. I know it is real possible, just wanted some extra ideas. Would you suggest another TO maybe next monday and tuesday or would you wait until the week before I go?

Any suggestions. I've been losing on avg. about 1 - 1.5 / week - but I really want to lose 3.5 more before 2/15 - Help me ladies.......
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #2  

You can do it Heather!!!!!

I would say to try a planned variety. I am trying to do like angelica and have heavy days with lighter days and then plan to through in seafood twice a week and one day of beef or pork. Plus I am giving myself 2 NO CHICKEN days. Just started it this week and I also have TOM, so I can’t say exactly how well it is working, but I have been loosing some with TOM and I often just maintain (if I don’t gain) so it might be working.

Do you think you would want to do TO after coming back, if so just be sure to not over TO yourself by tring to do it too often.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #3  

Focus on cardio until you come back....that way you are burning fat and not creating any muscle.....sometimes you will gain water just from weight lifting because your muscles need to repair for 24 hours.
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I wasn't sure about TO after I come back - I'm planning to be very OP while I'm there. She knows what I've been doing, so there might be a cheat here or there - but I'm planning on going to the store when I get there and getting some necessities to have. I just wasn't sure if the TO right before my last weigh in would possibly help me get the rest of the 3.5 lbs off - I know I have to choose whether to do it before or after I get back. My main focus right now is losing that 3.5. I know I can do it - I just wanted to maybe spice things up some to get that metabolismm going a little more. I was thinking about the Angelica way this morning too - probably try that and try not to have as much chicken either - it is just soooo darn easy to fix so many different ways. I will have to post my last week's menu (minus the sick days ) and see if you guys have any further suggestions....
Old 02-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #5  
PurpleSunshine

I'm on Gold with Lites FFFVVVPPSSFaD

Tuesday

Bkfast
Yogurt- D

Snack
1 C. Fruit Salad(grapes, cant., pineapple) -1.5F

Lunch
Roast Beef Sand - PSSC
Fruit - F
Salad w/ lt dressing - VVC

Dinner
Chicken - P
Spinach Salad w/ nuts- VFa

Snack
Luna Bar - L

missed - 1 Luna

Wednesday

Bkfast
Yogurt w/go crunch cereal- D .5S

Snack
Fruit Salad(grapes, cant., pineapple) -1.5F

Lunch
Salad 1.5V
Frozen Dinner PS
Seaseme chips (cheat) - S

Snack
Fruit - 1.5F
Luna

Dinner
Turkey stuffed with cheese and brocolli - PFa
Spinach Salad - 1.5V
Luna Bar - L

Snack
1 Luna

Thursday

Bkfast
Egg Pita Pocket w/ LF cheese .5P S .5D Fa

Lunch
Salad VV
Big Apple 1.5F
Luna

Snack
Asian Pear 1.5F
Luna

Dinner
Tilapia Tacos (with Pita pocket) 1.5PS
Tomato salad with cilantro and g. onion VV
1 oz cheese .5D

Snack
1 Luna

Friday (SICK)

Bkfast
Oatmeal - S

Snack
Asian Pear 1.5F

Lunch
PB&J Sand (cc) P
Luna

Dinner
Honey Nut Cheerios w/ff milk SD

missed - luna, 1.5fruit, P

Sat - Monday - ate all OP just not enough - SICK!!!

Tuesday (SICK)

Bkfast
Yogurt -D

Snack
Big Apple 1.5F

Lunch
Chick Fil a wrap PSV
Lt mayo - Fa
Luna

Dinner
Turkey burger P
Salads VV
Peas S

Snack
Strawberries F

missed - luna, .5fruit

Okay, I did my best with this - I write everything down in my little notebook so I can carry it everywhere - Tell me anything I may be doing wrong or need to change or any other suggestions - you ladies are wonderful.....
Old 02-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

You can have Honey Nut Cheerios as a starch???? I'm on Gold too- I had no idea. I thought we could only have the gross cereals that taste like cardboard- blech!!!! I'm a Lucky Charms kinda girl...well, no longer

Thanks- Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Marisa-

Technically no-but try the Kashi Go Lean. I think it's pretty good-but then my taste buds have changed!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Aww shucks!!! I knew it was too good to be true....
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #9  
PurpleSunshine

Actually the Honey Nut are listed under the carb cravers - so I just substituted for a starch since I had already had a CC - I was so sick - I really didn't care much that day....plus some of my material has been known to not be as updated.?? I thought it was mostly just the dairy section
Old 02-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #10  

PP99 - One tip my center used to give me is, like you said, try to get your starches in earlier in the day, and have something lighter (salad, etc.) at dinnertime. If you are planning on being as OP as possible over the weekend, you shouldn't need to TO when you get back. Frankly, I think TO should be a last resort due to a major stall and not just a "quick fix" after a "bad" couple of days, ya know?
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #11  
PurpleSunshine

Thanks Fiona - I was just thinking about doing TO just in case I haven't made the 3.5 by the monday before I weighed in .....other than that - I really don't think I need TO - and yes, I'm definitely planning on staying OP!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I don't know Heather, I always loose on TO, even if a couple of lbs come back later, you know, like when you have cash in hand!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #13  
PurpleSunshine

yea, that is exactly what I was thinking Katie - I've only done the TO when I first started and lost almost 6/7 lbs.......I'm thinking if I got down to like 1 lb left to lose before the weigh in - I would do TO MOnday and Tuesday - then WI on Weds
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

So would I. Of couse, I am a glutton for punishment, and may do Smooth Move tea, too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #15  
PurpleSunshine

Yes, I've already thought about that - doing that tea on the Monday before weigh in - that way giving it at least 48 hours to work to the fullest extent....geez, I might even bring my nightgown to weigh in !!! We go early before most people get here anyway