Old 02-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #37

to the February edition
of our Weighty Issues thread.

Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west, the Pacific and the Far East! We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 02-01-2006 at 11:43 AM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Uhhhhhh, good morning ladies! I think I numbered the thread wrong again....I skipped 36. Oh well, not that the # has much relevance, I'm sure we've been together longer than that, remember the time the server crashed or was changed the first time? Anyway, I've gotta get ready for work. I'll be back later. Have a great day!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Not as easy as it sounds huh Noelle? Just kidding.

Way top go on your awesome weight loss this week. I think you have inspired me to lay off the creme eggs so I can try to hit the 30 pound mark too. YOU ROCK!!

Not much happening here today. I will be back later
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #4  

Hi Girls....Good Morning! A Fresh New Month!

Noelle way to go on the loss!

Just popping in here after breakfast. I had some coffee and scrambled egss with salsa Yum! I have to get some stuff done around here and then take dd to school so I will check back this afternoon. I want to get on the treadmill again today also. Okay bye for now
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #5  

Weighed in today and I am down a total of 8.6 lbs. Not too bad since I am bloated something fierce. I downed the water lsat night trying to fight it and it all hit me in the middle of the night. I think I only slept a few hours b/c of the running to the bathroom.

Noelle that is awesome!!!!! Once you hit this goal do you have to set another one or are you were you want to be? Once I drop 17 I am going to go for another 11. I think that is where I will stop. That doens't look like much next to what you and Angie have dropped but I just have the hardest time losing.

Red I have never learned another language. I knnow that is bad but at my school they let you pick a lang. or speech or band. I did whatever I could to saty away from the foreign lang. Looking back I can say I was one lazy teenager.

Angie you are so close to your goal for this month. What are you going to do to celebrate it? No cadbury eggs. Listen to me, I love the cadbury mini eggs. I swear those are going to be the death of me. I try not to evern go down the easter isle of the store b/c my hands just grab them.

Julie I wish I had room for a treadmill. Although the dogs like to walk too much. i would feel bad for them if I did that.

Well, I will check back in later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls... just a quick note.... then I am off to St. Louis.. I've got training tomorrow.

My diet is going amazingly well (smurk) due to the fact I can't eat.... but I know I won't starve.. got too much fat to work with.

I'll be back on Friday... so you all have a great week.

:-)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #7  

How come chili taste better the next day? I had a small bowl for lunch and it was great. I got in about 25 minutes on the treadmill. I can't wait for my jeans to start getting loose. On my way I guess. Not to much else going on with me, just have to go pick up my daughter soon.

Cherie I am thinking of you today....I hope your poor mouth is feeling better and you were able to eat a little something

Kempy great job!! I know what you mean about feeling guilty leaving the dog, if you go for a walk without them. My fil has her for a couple of days. I think he is trying to whistle train her. I have a hard enough time getting her to heel. But I think all this training will be good for her. More calmer anyway.

Hi Noelle, Angie, Cal, Dips and Red! Have a great rest of the day!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  

Hi Cherie, you snuck in on me. Good news about the diet.
Have a safe trip!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

oops, I have to confess that the pms is killing me. I just ate a fudge round.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, I went to Sam's Club yesterday (but I'm sure you can find these in a regular grocery store's freezer) and I bought a box of 20 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches for around $11. They are 140 cals for the whole sandwich and only 1.5 grams of fat--+ 3 grams fiber. Kempy, that works out to 2 pts per sandwich--and they're pretty good-sized too. I ate two yesterday and accounted for them. I think they changed the formula because they tasted better than I remembered. Anyway, just suggesting these in case you need a chocolate fix. I should be on a PMS thing right now but I'm not....funny how when you change BCP's things change. I know that doesn't apply to you Angie (the BCP part ) but I know PMS can throw us all for a loop. Hang in there and put the choclates down

Kempy, congratulations on your loss! I know you feel like it's not much but it really is! You have a lot less than I do to lose, so your weekly loss may not drop as much--you don't have that much to spare to begin with. But seriously, good job girl, keep it up! I think all of us here will look smokin' hot come summer time! Once I hit my personal goal, I want to still lose another 50--that's how much I want to lose. According to the WW chart though, I'd need to lose another 61. There! I said it. I can't believe I let myself get to the point where I need to lose almost 100 lbs. Oh well, one lb at a time. This can be done.

Julie, a lot of things taste better the next day...chili, spaghetti, beef stew... I think it's because the flavors have had a chance to really sit. Now I'm getting hungry for lunch I tried this new Crab and Sweet Corn chowder from Costco, it's so good, with lumps of crab meat....but it's 7 pts for 1 cup so I'm not going to be eating a lot of it any time soon, but it was so good with a side of fresh steamed asparagus

Cherie, sorry you have to endure that pain in your mouth, but at least the positive side is it's helping with your weight loss efforts ...have a safe trip!

I'm pretty happy because my WW leader came back, she was out last week due to a family emergency on the mainland and the GM of the center took the class over--he said she would be out 'indefinitely' which sucked...but she was back just one week later. Anyway, you know how it gets when you get used to a certain support system and you can relate to people--kind of like you girls here--if any of you left 'indefinitely', the dynamic would defintely feel out of whack, and who knows how successful I'd be without you? So thanks for all your support. (do ya hear the violins playing? ? )
Old 02-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #11  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool the fragility of it all...

Hi, all. I found the new thread thanks to the link! Noelle, I think angie redid the numbers some time back so by skipping one this time you probably put us back on track, but yes, not that that really matters. The cool thing is that you have included yourself AND me! in the introduction. Thank you!

I am late today because I changed riding to the afternoon as it rained all day yesterday and the arena will be flooded. Even in the afternoon there will probably be pools of water. I hate that. Horses spook and it is dangerous, especially if it's windy. Sigh.

Yesterday I did really well again...until evening. I got to the gym again and jogged 5K, did crunches, didn't do any weight training as there was no time but did realize that I want to start doing it again after looking in the mirror and not liking that I'm sagging in places. I felt really good about things and the fact that the scale showed progress in the morning too...then evening comes and I'm invited out for a couple beers by a coworker on his dinner break and that just set me up for an emotional tumble.

I don't know why, must be the effect of the alcohol and then having to stop, bang, because the two guys (one came later) have to go back and I'm left to go home just when I'm getting revved up. I felt awful I think in part because I was talking about how I was getting this weight off and that was met with absolute silence. Guys. I just don't get them. They talk about girls and bodies all the time but when they actually talk to one, unless they're gay, they just don't seem to know what makes one feel good, or worse, bad.

So, the lack of applause and support and cheers and encouragement (maybe I'm spoiled from 3fc..) just made me feel so...nothing...I was also talking about going into a show this fall if I could, thus making that my goal to lose weight...and again, silence.....damn...why do I say things to the wrong people. Then again, maybe I should say, good for saying them and getting a response or none so you know where you stand and what type of people you're dealing with. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

You are soo right. I need some women in my life, women friends my age, but the ones I know here are so unlike me, either neurotic my age types, older can't be bothered types, or young don't have a clue what I'm on about types.

Anyhow, what concerns me is that I feel my resolve, my highs are so fragile. Here I was psyched about my efforts, my progress and then BANG, they disappear like someone shot down my hot air balloon. But I will NOT give up...that is my motto....NEVER GIVE UP....and I'm not going to. I am going to be sooo stubborn this time because I HAVE to come out this time on top.

But this too, is very, very fragile obstinate talk and not the best...but I guess you take what you can get, right?

Noelle -- I can't keep up with you when you do start posting and all this talk about stores and stuff...oh, my...I am left in the dust...but I love your enthusiasm. You talking about losing weight and then going for more...if you lose another 50! how will anyone be able to see you! From your pictures you've posted I don't see any 60 lbs hiding on you anywhere? I hear you on the dynamics of a support system. Glad your WW leader is back. I have suffered a loss with my riding teacher. She took off suddenly "indefinitely" claiming illness but I am thinking it is something else, marital problems or burnout. She was highly competitive in the dressage world. But, she was such a good rider and now I am stuck with some kid, who can't even ride my horse well. I feel defeated before I go to the stable and this was always my beacon, the other teacher. I always would watch her warming up my horse and feel, someday, someday I will be able to do that. It's horrible, really. I am not the only one who feels this way. I try to keep looking at a positive side and encouraging the others not to despair as well, but actually I am despairing myself, just doing my old strong face forward, be a trooper act.

angie -- Oh, the pms. It's awful, isn't it? It seems like all I ever do is lose the weight I have gained from the last bout with pms and then just when I've lost that here comes another round. Please, if any of you are beating this merry-go-round, please tell me (I think you are) but I want to hear it, see it, I need something that will give me hope again!

jbbm -- How are you doing? Your breakfast sounds so yummy. I should make more use of salsa too. Good luck on the treadmill! I take it this is at home, not the gym?

Cherie -- How is the mouth pain? I hope better. You sound better. On you, too, I don't see all this fat you speak of hiding anywhere. Oh well, people say the same about me...if they would ever see me in the nude though....

Kempy -- Wow, great going on the weight loss. At least all the bathroom running was not in vain. It would have been **** if you had lost sleep and then the scale had been mean to you! You are the opposite with me and languages. I was learning them from the first grade and special French classes. Then I would borrow records from the library and learn German. I always had a thing for languages. Took Spanish, French and German in high school, and then Russian, German, Norwegian! in college. Then, when I was in Germany, went on to touches of Chinese on my own, Italian and Greek, and then Bengali before going to India. What a joke, really. It was like a game for me. But what do I have from it? Not much, really, except the ability to be screwed up in any number of languages! In my high school, foreign languages were required. It does seem strange that band or speech would be considered substitutes but things are changing. Now, I would think Spanish should be required for everyone in the States, as there seem to be so many Spanish speakers. But you know, there's nothing lazy about not studying a foreign language if you have no need for it. I don't think I would have continued unless I had put myself in the midst of non-English speakers. Easter! Oh, yes, I had totally forgotten. That is one holiday you see no sign of over here, except maybe a bit of candy in an import shop. Thank God, really, all those chocolate eggs and stuff....
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Red, sorry about all this talk about stores you don't have. I know how you feel though, HI doesn't have a lot of stores that are on the mainland, which is why I love to shop there when I do go. Thanks for the kind words about 'where am I hiding the 60 lbs'--that made me feel good and made me laugh. The pic you see in my profile was taken in 03 and I was probably 20 lbs lighter then--I'm pretty short, only 5'3" so carrying 200+ lbs on a frame like that is not pretty. My ideal weight weight would probably be around 140. If ONLY I could grow 6" instead, then I wouldn't have so much to lose!

I agree with you on needing some girlfriends to hang out with. Guys are just, well, guys. Sometimes (most times) they're clueless unless like you said they're gay...but then what's the point? They're just like girlfriends . I'm glad you have your own personal resolve and that you will not give up. This year feels good I think, for all of us to achieve those personal and weight loss goals--together we can do it!

And I think you are great for even being able to ride a horse! I cringe if I am ever presented with the oppotunity to ride, because I know there is a weight limit for the average trail-riding horse and I am usually over or just on the cusp of what they would allow--so I don't usually bother.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #13  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks, Noelle, you made me laugh too! Gotta run. Talk to you later!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #14  

Bump! Off to work, chat later today!!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, what's happening? The weekend isn't getting here fast enough huh? I am planning on getting together with my girlfriends for dinner tomorrow night. There's a new Romano's Macaroni Grill in town and well, we just want to get together to catch up. It should be fun. Then my other girlfriend from CA is coming in for the weekend, I'm catching up with her on Saturday so at least I've got an agenda for myself. Rick and Michael will be at a karate class on Sunday then they go to my BIL's house to watch the Super Bowl. I think I'll catch a movie on Sunday with my sisters.... we saw Brokeback Mountain last week just to see what all the buzz was about. I liked it and it had it's funny moments, but it wasn't anything "spectacular"--other than the fact of the subject matter.... so what's new with you guys?