Old 02-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Default LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006

Well ladies - here we go - a brand new month - a brand new us!!!

I figure I've posted enough now to be able to have the privelege to start the new monthly thread - Do you know just how excited I am about that??

Well, I posted on the Jan thread to wrap up - so I just wanted to get this one started!!

Let's make the February goal to be OP and get this weight off...........then we can LOVE ourselves even more!!!!

to everyone - WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #2  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Love this group!

Wow, everyone here is so supportive! I am so glad I found this group!

Since I am still learning the lingo, can someone help? I figured out ... OP = on plan, but what does POP mean?

I am going to weigh in here in about an hour ... looking forward to it! It's my TOM, so I'm not sure what to expect. But I feel like I will probably be down at least .5.

I am also looking forward to getting measured in a couple of weeks. I can definitely feel the difference in my pants already, so I know I have lost a couple of inches at least!

Here's to a successful month for everyone! CHEERS!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #3  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone, and Happy February!

Heather, sure you've posted enough to start the thread. CONGRATS Chickie!

Britt - I am going to join you with the workouts. I think I am going to try Jillian Michaels' program from her book. Today is day 1!

Erin - POP = Perfectly On Plan

My official February goal is to lose 10 lbs. I'm off to update my ticker.

To the rest of the chickies - Here's to a POP day!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Erin and we're glad you found us too!!! Good luck at weigh in - Hopefully TOM won't have too much effect -

Carmen - Good morning chickie!! Let me know what you think about the Jillian workout - I might go and buy that book if you think it is worthy...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #5  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy February !

I am having a very hard time with the plan right now ... I have been lurking ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  

Erin-Good Luck at WI, glad you found us!

Good Morning Erin, Heather, Carmen and ALL-Hope this month brings us lots of lost weight. I WI today to and I am hoping that I show a loss also.

Catch up with you all after WI!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #7  
PurpleSunshine

Norissa - Why are you having such a hard time - maybe us chickies can try to help.....

Bernadette - Good luck chickie with weigh in - let us know how it goes!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #8  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Heather - I have lost all desire to follow the plan ... lack of motivation ... Gotta find it again
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Happy February ladies!!!
Here we are with a new month and a new set of goals.... May you all be POP all month long!!!

My personal goals for February:
- Stay POP all month and lose my 2lbs a week
- Get my butt moving ...I've had a Curves membership and haven't been there in months

I have my WI tonight and TOM came here today- ughhh. I'm feeling pretty good though and am confident that I'll have even a small loss....

Have a great day everybody!!!

- Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #10  
PurpleSunshine

Norissa - Sometimes it is really hard. I went through that phase for a while. Sometimes you do need a break from all the dieting, but if you think about how far you have come - you know what you can do. I'm not sure how much you've lost, but you know how to follow the plan. If I remember correctly - you don't go to the COD do you? Aren't you doing this on your own? - Maybe trying to go back to the COD would help. I'm also doing it on my own, but I finally got to the point where I was there mentally. I needed the change.....Maybe you should go and find an outfit - either one you used to wear or a new one that is about 1/2 - 1 size away from where you are now and use that as motivation. Get all the non OP foods out of the house , maybe try to make an eating schedule for two days at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. Just know that you can do this for yourself, but you have to be ready mentally - once your there - you can accomplish everything. Maybe sit down and look at how many lbs you have left to your goal and then look at the goal date - use that as a date motivator. I want to get as close to goal by my daughter's birthday - That keeps me on track b/c I only have about 5 weeks to lose 14 lbs. I make not lose it all - but I will be sooooo close!!! Maybe try getting out to exercise or going to the gym - knowing how hard it is to burn 200 calories will help you not to eat the things you shouldn't??
You can do it. I'm sure someone else on here has better words of wisdome. I just know what the end result of giving up and ending up with that extra 10 lbs to lose feels like. You can do this - You can ......
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default It's February

Hello ladies,

Thank you all for your words of encouragement yesterday. I am not going to give up, but I have made up my mind that I am not going to renew after my 7 weeks are up, unless they are willing to do something to fix what I feel was poor service for the past 11 weeks.

I will never stop trying to get healthy and fit, but I can't really see going to another center, since the next closest one is about 45 minutes away. We only have one center in my little city.

I am going to try the switch they gave to the blue plan to see how this works and I am also going to eliminate diet pop, which I had been staying within the limit of 2 per day, some days not having any.

But it's a new day, a new month and I will focus on what I can do to make things work for me. I ordered some new workout DVD's to shake things up a bit, so I will get to my goal some how.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #12  

2befit....where are you in Michigan?

Norissa....come on girl....we can help you and I know that frustration.!!

Weighed in and stay the freaking same......so I have to go back in tomorrow and they might switch my plan to blue.....oh well the same is better then gaining!
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all my fellow chicks

- Goodbye January
What a month - it rained 29 out of the 31 days here - and I mean RAINED!!!
That amoung other things made it a vile month for me.

I didn't quite make my January goal - most likely due to increased exercise (the quads are getting bigger!) and an increase in nibbling - must cease and desist that little habit.

Looking forward to starting a new month POP.

Happy POP Feb. 1st to all.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #14  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Sznn-

I'm guessing you live somewhere in the PNW? Cuz that's they way it's been in Oregon!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #15  

2bfit sorry you are having so much trouble. Hopefully the blue plan will help you out some

hkychick

Heather the Doritos devil did not come get me yesterday, but I had to laugh because it took all I had to pass up the 25cent bag when I ran to the store for cucumbers last night. I am going to have to demand that they figure out a way to get me 2 bags of Doritos in a week on my maintenance plan. PS. Congrats on getting to start your first thread

Norissa~ we missed you around here. If you are looking for motivation, I think the best one I have found is looking into the eyes of my DS and you have 6 eyes to look into. You are teaching them wonderful skills for the rest of their lives and you are showing them that they can set goals and achieve them. You can do, just take your time, figure out what YOU want and figure out how YOU want it. If the plan is getting to be to much for you, maybe you need to slowly go back instead of jumping in (I just want to make sure you keep yourself healthy and happy for those 3 little darlings…oh and I guess for DH too )

Gymgurl~ they are taking you from red all the way to blue…did you do purple yet?

I am officially my ticker weight today. I am going to wait until Tom is gone to end my goal and I think I am going to just start setting my goals after TOM, because i always want to wait until it is gone to see where i am anyway Hoping to be 150.8 by Saturday when it is gone, but I will see.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote