Old 01-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default 4/3/3 Challenge

I see you guys have your own challenge on this forum, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to also join mine? I'm setting baby step goals. First goal is only 4 pounds. When I reach that one I will set a new goal for 3 pounds. Then another 3. By the time the 4/3/3 cycle is done we'll be 10 pounds lighter! But I can't look at 10 pounds and say I'm going to lose 10 pounds. It seems too far away. By breaking it down into little tiny chunks, I feel like I can do it.

Anyone can lose 4 or 3 pounds right? It's like cleaning your house. When you look at the whole messy thing it overwhelms you and feels impossible to ever get it clean. But if you set a timer and just do what you can for 15 minutes, you feel a real sense of accomplishment. You say "HEY I did it and that wasn't hard at all! And look how much nicer it looks!"

Same way with baby steps for our weight. "HEY I did it" is nice. It helps me stay motivated! I've already "done it" three times this month alone, and I know it works. I'm ready and determined to meet that next little 4 pound goal.

Do you want to join me?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #2  
valelys

Default 4/3/3/

I like your idea of breaking our weight goal into smaller, manageable, pieces. I think it will help to celebrate each goal rather than looking at the more than 100 lbs that I need to lose. This is my third week on WW and it is beginning to feel a little daunting. I think this will help. Great idea.

Last edited by valelys; 01-28-2006 at 07:16 PM.
valelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

You lost 30 pounds in a month!!!!!! Wow...I have been trying to do the 10 pound a month thing. I am 2 pounds shy of my 10. I think I have a couple of days left I like the idea of the 4/3/3...maybe I will do it with you!!

P.S....what is your method of loosing weight??? Counting calories, at grams, or carbs?? Well, what ever it, it seems to be working great for you. Just curious!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

No no no! I didn't lose 30 pounds in a month... Gee wouldn't that be nice! Sorry if you thought that. I have lost 16.5 pounds in about a month and a half though. No the 30 was from my highest weight ever (back in 2000). At that time I lost 50 pounds in about 8 months, and kept it off for awhile (several years), and have since then been bad and began gaining some of it back. (In January I've lost 12.5 lbs).

But I have 30 of it still off, and I'm trying to get back where I was and then some.

My method of losing is Atkins low carb. It works for me because I'm never hungry and if I am, I can eat yummy delicious food that is healthy and filling.

But I don't expect everyone on the challenge to do it with my method. Any method you choose is fine. It is just about setting small goals and reaching them.

Welcome to the challenge. It is much easier setting baby step goals!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

I've started this challenge on several different forums here, on the challenges forum, on the low carb forum and here. So we already have several people from each forum signed up. Maybe when we see which of the groups is the most active we can all meet on that one forum to encourage each other.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #6  
Going to ONEderland

My first 1.5 pounds left for the 4 pound goal.! Funny how the markers round it to two pounds though. It wasn't, only a pound and a half.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #7  
valelys

Hi Sherry

I weigh in tomorrow evening -- we'll see how I do our the 4/3/3 challenge. I've lost 7 lbs on the program so far, so I'm working on that last 3 pounds.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #8  
You can do it!!!!

Got 2 more pounds for me left!!!! (I weigh in on Sundays)
Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 PM   #9  
Going to ONEderland

Congratulations! I love that! My scale is up today because I had too much salt in my meal last night (water retention). But I'm not worrying about that, it will wash out soon.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #10  

OK - i'm in. I like the idea of 4/4/3!
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #11  
Going to ONEderland

Welcome surfdreams! I like it too. Something about little goals keeps you trying. You know it won't be long until you can celebrate!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:52 PM   #12  
valelys

Had a good weigh in this evening. I've lost my first 10 lbs. Yippee!!! Ready to start on my next 4/3/3.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #13  
You can do it!!!!

Good job Valelys!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #14  
Going to ONEderland

Wow YOU GO Valelys! with 10 pounds down and 4/3/3 to go it should be a breeze to meet that next goal.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Well this morning my scale went to my lowest (recent) weight immediately. I usually weigh first thing and then after I've been up a few hours and used the bathroom a few times I weigh again and count the lowest number I see as my weight. So I expect that in a short time I might just have a new number to report! I love it.

For me the scale will "dip" a little and then tease me for a few days until that new number settles in and lasts. Once it has settled in, the new lower number will start to show up, so I can always anticipate when I'll see a new one.

Another way I can tell? Sometimes at night after a particularly good day, I'll weigh. If the scale isn't up that much from the morning weight, then I know I should see a loss the next day. So I'm really hoping that this morning I will see 250 or 249.5 or something!