View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 AM   #9
Tammy32

Danielle, my husband was just diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. He has gained a huge amount of weight in a very short time. I was just curious, are you taking medication? I know that is a personal question, but I am really trying to find people to talk to who can help me understand.

I'm not sure if my husband is emotional eating or it's the meds making his weight shoot up so much. It's very possible that it is both. He's very very uncomfortable in his overweight body and is having a hard time understanding how just 2 months ago he was 50 lbs lighter. He's pushing 270 now is terrified of getting close to 300lbs.

I know that emotions and meds aren't the only things that are doing it but it sure would be nice to know from someone else who has been through it to explain it to me.

A big thumbs up to you Danielle for taking control of your life when sometimes life can just keep beating you down.

If you learn from your suffering, and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed. Maybe that's what it's all about after all...

~ Anonymous ~

Highest weight: 261
Starting weight: 248 August 26
Current weight: 193
Current pounds lost: 55 lbs
Goal weight: 145 by August 26, 2006

Smoke Free as of July 1, 2004 (Started back smoking)
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote