Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default New And Need Help!

Hi Everyone Im New Ehre And Ive Been Thinking About Having The Lap Band Procedure. Im 20 Yrs Old And Have Been Trying Everything Out There To lose weight Since I Was 16, Im Just Naturally A Big Girl! But I Cant Stand It Anymore, Emotionally Or Physcially. Im Only 5'7 And Weigh 247 Lbs. Although I Dont Look As Heavy As I Weigh Im Uncomfortable In My Skin. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions For Me As Far As The Operation Or Any Other Matters May Concern? Thanks
Marissa
Marissa424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh marissa. i hear your pain. losing weight is so hard. how about telling us a little more about yourself? has your doctor given you some help with weight loss plans or support? from the sound of it, you've tried weight watchers and probably other programs... what worked best for you?

i'm sure nothing worked GREAT, but maybe there are some clues to success somewhere in there - let's talk...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #3  

I decided to have breast reduction surgery. It really helped me feel more comfortable in my skin and has made exercise a whole lot easier! I can run and do all sorts of things without giving myself a black eye! lol It was a big decision for me but i'm so glad I did it!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #4  

Susie! I had a reduction a year and a half ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. They were hanging down to my waist and I could roll them up like old socks!! lol

I can't say I like the way they 'look' now but I can do so much more, with so much more comfort. I'm 49, I did this right at my 47th birthday and immediately wondered why on earth I'd waited so long!

The tummy tuck is the thing I'm having the most trouble being prepared for. I've cancelled three dates so far. Two because I was legitimately sick with bronchitis, the last one because of feelings of doubt over surviving the surgery and because if the high risk of complications for me. But I'd do the breast reduction again in a heartbeat!
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #5  

Marisa, you're so young and I'm sure you're feeling very frustrated. Like jiffypop, I'm curious to know more about you. What was happening in your life when you first started to gain? What have you tried so far? And are you considering Weight Loss Surgery?
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote