Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #1  

Default Hello! New here, and frustrated with diet right now!

First of all, I am happy I stumbled across this board. It looks like there are some great ideas, and I can't wait to read more.

I started LA Weight loss at the beginning of December. It went great and I lost 13 pounds very easily. But, for the past 3 weeks or so, I have hardly budged, I really just stay the same. I am not able to do the lites because I have had kidney stones, and I am getting very frustrated because the counselors keep telling me it would go much better if I could have the lites, but then the say,"but you can't". I am going to be speaking with my doctor to see if he feels I really can't have them. For the most part, my diary has been fine, so they don't really have any suggestions for me with that.

So, any ideas? I am just starting to feel like it isn't worth it. But, I know I have to keep trying!
Karebear50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #2  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Karebear
There are a lot of us here and we have been through just about anything and everything so im sure that someone here will be able to help you out with some type of advice or possible questions to ask at your center the next time you go in. Here are some obvious questions that come to my mind...

What plan are you on??
Are you weighing and measuring your foods?
Are you drinking all your water?
Are you drinking extra water?
Are you exercising at all?? If so how often and when did you start?
Are you eating a lot of red meat??

Thats what comes to mind so far we really need a little bit more information to be able to give you some advice.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #3  

I was doing the purple plan, but they just switched me back to red, because that is what I originally started on, and I was doing well on that. I average about 6-8 hours of exercise a week, which I have been pretty much doing since I started the diet. Let's see, I am drinking about 80 oz. of water a day. I am measuring food, and I don't eat very much red meat, because I was told to only eat that every 3-4 days.

I guess what is frustrating is when I started in December, I know I cheated a few times with holiday parties and so forth. Now, when I feel like I have been sticking to the diet perfectly, I am stuck.

Thanks for the help:-)
Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #4  
Britt/LAWL~Red

My best guess this far is that you were not getting enough food. Since they just switched you back to red you will probably start losing again. Way to go you are doing great and keep up the good work.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #5  

Karebear

So glad that you found us, please dont give up, You can do this.

Are you getting any variety in what you eat? Have your center contact the nutritionist?

If they wont then you call the 800# and tell them everything. Someone there has got to be able to help. But my guess is that you are not getting enough food on purple, and that is why they switched you back to red.

Everything else sounds like you are doing the right thing. Post 1 day of menu's on here the ladies on here might have some great suggestions.

Keep up the good work, We can help you over the hump! Your weight loss is great so far

I will watch for you.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #6  

OH BOY....I am right there with you Karebear....I lost eight the first week or so and now nothing I even went back up a pound.....I am like you on the red plan....exercise about 4 days a week....they have changed my plan around....red meat on one day...higher starch on one day.....normal on a nother....and nothing,...then she was mad cause I did 45 min on the eliptical and was doiong calf presses at 220 pounds and squats at 150....I'm like you the only thing keeping me going is the money I paid....maybe we can support eachother
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #7  

karebaear are you on red without lites. gym gurl you are on red with lites right?

maybe that is not enough food. I remember someone saying that you will never go below purple if you are without lites, but with all of your exercise it seems like you would be on purple or red if you were doing lites, so since you don't do lites, maybe even red 1 is what you need.

definitely cal the 800 number. I think that some of the counselors are trained for someone who will only eat the lites and not exercise and when you through in variables all they can say is "it would work if you did it like we were trained for during our 15 min orientation" ok sorry, that wasn't nice, but I wish they could all get together like normal companies and have like a best practices workshop or something.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #8  

Yep I am on red with lites....her and I sounds alot alike
Old 01-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #9  

Well, I just got some good news earlier today, I was actually down 1.7 pounds. I have been on the red plan for 2 days. But, my dr. ok'd that I could start on the lites, so now they want me back on the purple since I can have the 2 lites per day. So, I guess we will see what happens.

Gymgurl, it is so frustrating trying to diet while exercising. Before starting LA weight loss, I was working with a personal trainer, and I got frustrated with that also. It's like you know that the muscle weighs more, so you know that the actual scale weight will likely move a little slower, but you are putting so much effort into it so it is hard not to see it. Let's definately push each other to keep going!!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #10  

It is very hard to go by the scale....muscle does weigh more then fat......but as a female it is damn hard to think that when you get on it and I am a personal trainer so I should know better lol.....I would love to help eachother out....this week I needed my butt kicked lol
Old 01-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

hey Gymgurl - maybe you are all out of bodyfat to lose.
That's why your scale won't budge - fats all gone

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #12  

I wish that was the case girl......no I have some.....at 160 pounds there is still some there,......in the 20% range last time I checked....lol
Old 01-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Gymgurl - that's a pretty darn low body fat %.

I had a WI at my gym on Jan 4th - their spiffy body fat monitoring scale put me at 159.8 lbs and 33% body fat, and I'm 5'8" +.

So I suspect you are a lean mean machine.
Myself I know I have some more fat to lose, I'm looking at it right now - haha.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #14  

I weigh 126 and when I joined my gym before Christmas I had 33% body fat. I was told that it *should* be between 24-27% (for female, non athletes).

Then a friend of mine who does triathalons, etc... said that in one of her fitness mags, it says that "healthy" body fat can go up to 31%.

I was pretty upset that my 40lb loss still had me at 33%, but who knows where I was in the beginning!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote