General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dancing/Skating with Stars

Has anybody been watching either of these two new "reality" shows.

I started watching "Dancing" because I really like Tia Carrere and she seems top be doing pretty well.

My biggest 'beef' about the show, however, is that it seems to be really turning into a popularity contest; and one that Grand Master P is winning. The man really cannot dance and the on-air judges agree, but week after week, the popular phone-in vote keeps him on while better dancers are getting bumped off.

"Skating" scares me. Someone could really get hurt. I think I'll have to stop watching that one.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  

I'm watching the UK version of the skating one. In ours when they get to the bottom two the judges decide between them so I guess the best will go through that way.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've only caught one episode of the skating...the one with Dave Coulier doing the Blues Brothers routine. I loved that routine.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

I honestly don't know how the US skating finals will work. Hopefully the same as the UK. Unfortunately, Dave Coulier has been eliminated now, because I agree the Blues Brothers was a fun rountine..

Has anybody seen the dancing one? Its really pretty good except for the voting bias I mentioned.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #5  

I think people just want to see him (P) make a fool out of him self. If I was him I would feel bad being there knowing I can't dance and other people that can are going home .
Old 01-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #6  
Princess Heather

I LOVE skating with Celbs! I am a huge skating fan and when I was a little girl wanted to be Tia Babalonia! I think it's quite impressive what they are able to do in such a short time! Hats off to Bruce Jenner! Two knee replacements and his age and he is still hanging in there!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:15 AM   #7  

No offense but I hate tia on that show, I like her in movies, but she isn't good enough on the floor and is very dull on it too. I agree there are populairty issues, but I don't care that master p was winning it. I am more irritated that nick's brother may win it due to a popularity fan vote, and yes he can actually dance, but I just don't like the guy. I also don't like stacey eventhough I already know her from watching some wrestling shows. She's nice and all, but it can get annoying sometimes. It is likely though that nick's brother will win or that stacey will win.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

I think you are probably right about the predicted winner, tobetheman. No offense taken. I still like Tia. My new personal favourite is Lisa Rinna. I think she has really improved and wow, does she look amazing for a woman who has three kids.
Closed Thread