Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:43 PM   #1  

Talking It's Mooo-nday again

I only started this new thread because the other one was getting so long. I can never think of a cute cow related subject, so you get the old one recycled.

Peaches, you are so sweet to selflessly give up the beautiful cat to someone who needs her. Herbie is not so difficult to understand. All you need to know is that he is a man. That pretty much explains it all.

Kiwi, I get so excited watching that middle number go down!

I'm incredibly dull today, so I really can't think of anything interesting to say. I'll come back later if I become inspired.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:05 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default i am bored as well as boring

KIWI---congratulations!!!I would join you in posting numbers,but that would be too depressing!!!I refuse to get weighed again since the ONE HUNDRED and SIXTY SIX---horsewoman of the apocolypse weight!!!and to think that Peachballs and I once weighed the same----what she LOST,I found.ANYWAY----as soon as I feel that some of the apron is siphoned off,I will scale up again---Hi WABBY!!!I am enjoying me autumn garden---most of the plants that are still thriving I have placed on my front stairs-----I have a photo,but I am no Kiwi so I can't scan it.HOW is your garden????how are the other TANKS doing??????
Old 09-24-2001, 02:49 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking tank reporting in

Guess there's no chance of me losing these pesky 20 lbs before my parents get here next week, eh? Oh well.

Bagzie! How are you? I actually cleaned up the garden a bit yesterday. I just keep looking at the brown wilted plants thinking they're just going to go away by themselves.

Saw something sad today. A tiny little hedgehog lying dead (=squished) in the middle of our street. I told ds5 not to look, but he looked anyway and then said "Poor thing. Oh well, now he's up in the sky keeping Great Granny and Gretchen (my parents' deceased dachshund) company."

Hi Wabby!
Old 09-24-2001, 06:57 PM   #4  

Default still dull

Oh well, cows, that's me.

Sugar, your ds sounds so cute! Why do they have to grow up??? Don't worry about 20 extra pounds when your parents are visiting. Parents tend to like us plump. Last time I was at my ideal weight (eons ago) my mom was always worrying that I was too thin. Ha! I took care of that problem!

My garden is somewhat brown, but it does have it's pretty areas. The shady areas are still pretty, but anything out in full sun is looking a little haggard. My DD brought in a bouquet yesterday of cosmos, roses and my foxgloves that have finally bloomed after me babying them all summer. I didn't mind the roses and cosmos, but I could have strangled her for taking the foxgloves. I had the most beeee-utiful dahlias, but either our cows have very long necks or we've been visited by deer, because they've been mowed down in their prime. I threw out all my petunia baskets and all I have left on the deck are the hugest most beautiful coleus and nicotiana w/ bacopa and pots of this really cool lime green licorice plant w/ hot pink geraniums and blue salvia. Those turned out to be a pretty combination. I'm already plotting and planning next years garden, I've been gathering seed and taking cuttings. Maybe next year it will be as pretty in reality as it is in my head.

We still have summer here. It's been in the 80's every day and sunny. I absolutely love this time of year. Bagzie, I want to see your picture - do you have a scanner? If you do, ask Kiwi and she will walk you through posting your pics.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:53 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi kids

Your garden and other plants sound so wonderful, Wabby. I pulled out a bunch of burr bushes yesterday. That's my idea of gardening. One of them was flowering, it was actually quite interesting looking, but it was growing up over the front step and getting burrs stuck on the various pets. I didn't think it could shed burrs before they turned brown, but I was wrong. Not exactly roses and foxgloves, huh? I saw fresh deer tracks yesterday while out for a walk, and recently we've seen bear sign (not pretty, and the dog thinks it's something gourmet).

A virus warning to keep in mind -- anyone who uses MS Outlook is particularly vulnerable. Comes in an email entitled ``Peace between America and Islam!'' and contains stuff about voting for peace, has an attachment called WTC.exe. If the .exe file is opened, it will erase files on your hard drive and send itself out to your address book. Keep an eye out for it and don't "catch it"!

Good to see you all here. I'm sure you're very impressed by my massive weight loss. 2 whole pounds. At least it hasn't gone up.

Later, babes

Kiwi
Old 09-25-2001, 12:46 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default gardens------

Wabby and Kiwi and Sugarbutt---what lovely descriptions of your various landscapes {complete with bear huddas and roadkill}---I do so love the Autumn---Kiwi and I live in the FALL FOLIAGE backwoods of the world----some of those red maples are unbelievable---and Wabby---do you have Burning Bushes???They actually turn fuscia?? fushia??whatever---PINK. I did buy four pots of the mums as they love the cool air-------I was at ediets and they said I was in the CAUTION section of the BMI chart------
Old 09-25-2001, 02:12 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I agree

I've always thought you were a caution, Bagz.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:03 PM   #8  

Default wrong spelling, Bagzie

Are you sure it's not idiots, instead of ediets? Please don't make me start worrying about BMI's. I have enough worries with the lbs's. It turned cold overnight here. All rainy today. What does this have to do with weight loss? Well, it means I have to wear long pants, which are much tighter than loose sundresses.

We do have burning bushes here, but I don't have any personally. They are beautiful. I'm sure our fall foliage doesn't hold a candle to the northeastern landscape, but I have some lovely sugar maples (that I planted when they were just little twigs and now they are beautiful big trees) and some nice japanese maples. I love that crisp autumn air in the morning. It almost makes me happy to get up and go for a walk. Almost.
Closed Thread