Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Welcome to the Pregnant and Nursing Forum!

Welcome, to all of you chicks that are hatching little ones!! We hope you'll enjoy this forum and get a lot of good use from it. Have fun, and please feel free to ask if you need anything!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Jennifer.. Thanks so much for creating this!! Being over weight and pregnant is an issue that can be very challenging. This new forum will be very helpful!!

Elijah will be 6 weeks old on Tuesday and I'm proud to say that I'm still nursing!!!! it's still hard - but hanging in.

How are all the pregnant woman doing out there?
When I was pregnant it was hard watching my belly get bigger.. depressing at times. I'm happy to have my son now!!!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Jennifer, thanks for creating this forum, I think it will be a great help to anyone that is PG, thinking of it, or nursing.

Hi Dana, I'm a moderator on the 30-Something's thread, but I think this is a great idea for a forum. Congrats on your new baby! Congrats on nursing also!! You are doing such a great thing for your little one! Did you also nurse your DD? I nursed DS#1 for 12.5 months, til we were both ready to stop. It was really hard, due to latching issues with him, and jaundice in the beginning...the Dr. made me pump formula into him, and then I always had a bad supply, so I had to supplement. DS#2 was also jaundice, but they were more supportive of nursing as much as possible. No supply issues so far this time, but I have been nursing exclusively now. I have to go back to work tomorrow though, so we'll see what pumping does to my supply.

I have a new baby boy too, Robby, he's 9w2d. I have been working myself up to starting back on a weight loss plan, probably WW, since that's what I've done in the past. I don't seem to have much willpower right now though.

Any other PG/Nursing moms out there?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:02 AM   #4  
resident lactivist

Hi all!

I'm a bit more than 9 weeks pregnant. I'm nursing my 13-month-old, and weaned my older daughter about a week before her third birthday. (So the line in my sig that says I'm constantly nursing is no joke! ) I tandem-nursed the girls for a while & will probably tandem nurse this time too. Yeah, I'm that insane.

I try not to pay attention to my weight while I'm pregnant. I will worry about that when it's time to lose again. My weight loss ticker dates to before I got knocked up.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #5  

I'm expecting #1 and boy I have to agree with Dana. I worked so hard on losing 40 pounds last year that watching my belly get bigger, even though the weight isn't going up that much, SUCKS!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I TOTALLY agree with Dana and you Kim... I lost 76 lbs last year, and have put quite a bit back on. I feel horrible! I can't wait till I can get back on a diet. I've tried to eat the right things while being pregnant but I have really strong cravings and just cannot help myself. I know I can do it again, after the baby. I try not to worry too much. My husband tells me I still look beautiful, but when I put my maternity clothes on, all I see is MOO- MOO... no more flat belly, my unberable boobs are BACK and bigger than ever and I am out of breath!!! UGH! I will breastfeed definitely.|

This is a great idea! I am almost 17 weeks now. ALMOST... HALF...WAY... THERE....
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi Gretchen, Kimberlie & Sabra! Congrats on all your losses (sp?)!! I lost about 20 lbs. on WW before I met my DH...got lazy and comfy since then. I didn't concern myself too much with the weight while PG with #1, but did eat good, followed the Bradley diet as best I could. I gained 29 lbs. with him, but lost it within 2 wks. of delivery. With #2, I pretty much ate whatever I felt like, and it really wasnt' good, but I only gained 9 lbs.! I was up to 16 lbs., but then I started losing in the last month or so. My MW wasn't concerned though, because everything was fine with baby.

I'm kind of low on willpower lately, but have quite a bit of motivation, so hopefully that will win over. DH is getting serious too, so maybe if we support each other, we can do it.

Regarding the belly while PG, I have to say, I honestly loved watching my belly grow, because there was a wonderful reason for it! It was great showing off my PG belly (with clothes on, that is!)
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to welcome you all here to this new forum! I'm Michelle and I'm a mother of 2 girls ages 3 and 1. I'm also the Moderator for the Dieting with Obstacles forum and if you have any questions or concerns regarding the forum feel free to PM and I will be happy to do what I can to help!

Lauren, I loved watching my belly grow as well! I just loved being pregnant, boy do I miss it

Best wishes to you all!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 AM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Lauren .. your kids birthdays are really close! How is Robby sleeping for you? Eli is up about 3 times a night. During the day it seems I feed him every hour or so!!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:07 AM   #10  
resident lactivist

Heh, Dana, with a little luck your younger is just going through a growth spurt. Bobbie, my older, was a cluster-nurser. She'd nurse just a little bit, maybe five or ten minutes, and then be right back in an hour or two for more.

When my girls were very young, I used to wake up all the time during the night to check on them. I'd sleep with my hand on a little tummy. I hated the hospital 'cause they wouldn't let me sleep with the girls in my bed (not that I think it would have been too safe in a hospital bed), & I had c-sections, so every time I woke up to check on them I'd have to wake up, raise my bed, turn on the light, and then check on the baby. So much easier at home where I could just open my eyes and look at them!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Haven't been hanging out here too much due to moving, setting up new computers, and...drum roll...I'm 3 months pregnant. My 20 yo daughter thinks it's hilarious. Hmmmmm LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

What a great forum and such good timing too! I just found out that I'm pregnant last week. I want to continue to eat healthy and carefully, as well as continue to exercise. I don't want to gain too much extra weight, because it's just that much more weight to lose after the pg. Looking forward to knowing everyone better!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Wow! This is a great forum! I usually am on Housewives losing weight thread but had to take a look! Thanks Suzanne! I am Roxy, Mom to 10 children. Yes, I am that old! I have 4 boys and 6 girls. My last one is 11 months old and we are still BF successfully, he is eating a bit (of other food now) and I am still losing. I have always found it hard to lose weight while BF because I was constantly hungry. I am slowly, starting my struggle to lose ALL the babyfat I accumulated over the years. I really think I shall do it this time, all these gals are so great. I found by eliminating the "white" carbs from my diet and exercising I can reduce. Even if I don't lose quite as fast as others do. If you have any questions about BF or pregancy don't hesitate to ask, More than likely I've been there and done it already!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #14  
LBH

Roxy, i agree, it's hard to lose weight while BF'ing...I'm always hungry too!

Congrats to the newly PG!

Dana, something about the month of April I guess!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #15  

OHHH I too miss being pregnant *sniff* we have 2 but no more for us hubby has got the big vasectomy...
patriotsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote