Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 06:24 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Low Carb Support Club #3

I will start by posting Pam's last post so it isn't missed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I see you'll have gotten used to me
I was very physically ill yesterday and yes I try to post most everyday. It it important to me. I lost 1 Lb this week. Of course I have welcomed that tme of the month again two weeks after the last one so this to is no helpful. Another medical thing fto see to but I have had problems in this area since my daughters birth and death (all in one go). Sue I know you will understand this well but I am a DES baby and while my female organs are not deformed they are very small. That pregnancy was a miracle in it'self. I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant ever... so I am just thankful I had her at all. As for this weight loss problem ....yes I am again at the crossroads but Sue (my champion) I am hanging tough. I must do this for my health and for my own personal self Idenity. This week has been very frustrating but sitting with my head over the garbage can for nearly two hours yeasterday did nothing to increase my spirits. Still, I know that really it is no big deal I just have to be Patient.
I admit it is a bit strained but still holding. I visualize my goal every day. I have been eating a more varied selection of foods.
I made Liver and onions last night , something I love but perhaps frying was not a good idea. No breading of course but bacon grease. I have been using butter on my boiled eggs. my omelet was just eggs and hot dogs but these hot dogs have no fillers and is made of quality meat , I have only one place I can buy they as they are kosher. Perhaps this is still a bad idea. I don't know.
I made beef soup this past week with yellow squash ,onions, celery tomato sauce canned, garlic salt , white pepper, carrots and round steak. I eat no bread or starches of any kind including
starchy veggies. I hope I don't have to live on tuna permanently but I will if I have to. I have no stairs and couldn't use them if I did. On a flat surface I walk fairly normally but outside of that my legs collapse. I haven't walked about as much as I have been ill but I guess plain tuna will have to be the diet this week just to get me past this wall and then girls even with the Atkins book I will appreciate food input. I may go back on the drink alone for a while if tuna doesnt work. Wish me luck. Ok so pray hard for me.

Lee, I am so sorry for your loss and for the pain of your children. It is a difficult time for us all but for you and for others who also have lost love ones there are no consoling words. Just know some of us understand only to well and all of us care . Vent all you want or need to it is better to lay it out and share than wear.
Give yourself a bit of time and the support of us all. Take care.
Pam

Pam, I hope you are feeling better today. The soup you made sounded wonderful. The only thing that come sto mind as I read what you have been eating, is sodium. I don't know if it is connected but I seem to be really sodium sensitive since I started this woe. Just a thought.

I can't believ how fast the board went up. I miss it when it is away. DId well on food and water yesterday. No where near the 120 oz though. I can't seem to pace myself on the weekends like I can at work.

DH went to the MD Friday. The MD was ok w/ it diet, just OK. She did order some lab work though. I will be eager to see the results.
I can't beleive teh number of peoeple who beleive lo carb is no carb eating. WOW.

I have another interview this week I will be so disappointed if I don't get it or can't take it. I am already there in my head.

It is so quiet here ( all over the board) I hope things pick up a bit.
will check in later
Old 09-23-2001, 05:42 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi Pam and Pat and all others that will follow. Hey pat pam snuck another one in while you were not looking i will post iy::

PAM:
Wow am I proud of our group! ya'll are doin so well. I slipped once this day and had a biscuit. My husband doesn't get it and brought me breakfast. Eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit with butter and jelly. I held my fungers up like a cross and hissed at him. My down fall has always been breads. I had one biscuit with my eggs and bacon. He thinks you can only lose weight by calories and no matter how I explain it.....well my Taurus is stubborn. It is my only slip and it won't happen again. I am a good kid. So my Mom say's. Really I am just not willing to let go of the vision....the day I reach my goal and Sue You already know mw pretty well......I will have fireworks even if they come from my own soul!!!!!! Love you all.

Hey pam there ias to be some reason that the weight is not comming off. what do you weigh now??? and are your clothes getting any looser?? that coutl be some of the thing that with this diet you can gail lean body and lose the fat and not see any weight change except the clothes getting looser. Pam what happend that you were puking all yesterday?? did you eat some thing wrong? or just the flu bug. ?? Your husband is thinking of you and loves you. just tell him if he does that again you will just have to kill him even if he loves you!!!

do not go to just tuna just yet. another thing is that your bosy is so used to yo yo dieting that when it is faced with a reduction on calories then it will shut down and hold on to any and all calories that it can. the only way to break that is to take in atleast 1200 to 1500 calories daily, you may need to increase your carbs slightly and do this for a week till your body gets used to having more callories. then cut out the carbs a totally for 2 weeks doing the atkins induction. that shouold beat the feast/famin mode that your body is in. I agree with pat regarding the salt. it does tent to hold the fluid in alot for days on me. the soup sounds delicious too!!! MMMMMMM

I have to confess Pam your biscut was small fries to what i ate saturday. i gave my self a break as i have been fighting it right along and then i decided to give in and eat then i can go back anc=d eat properly. i have to say although it tasted good i did not enjoy my self. i feel so guilty everybite. and then my stomach did not feel good when i was finished. I am gaoing to do my body for life challenge again. my friend that i started it in june wrote to me last week and we have been coresponding all the time since she is ready to do it again. so we are starting again on monday. I am so ready for this and i ahve been exercisisng my butt off to be ready. so for the enxt 12 weeks i will be going full force with the exercise that i am going to get to goal!!~!! (I hope) for my birthday.

Pat i am getting nervous regarding job too. i will be praying for your interview let us know when it is so we can send great vibes your way!!!

I have not found any thing available yet that is near to me. I will be checking in to the hospital this week although i do not watnt to go there. and last resort the nursing ho me.

Lee check in, joanne too and Dana also we are waiting for you to check in.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:58 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey Sue,
Nice to see your post. I think that everyone is so used to teh move taking a few days that no body has been checking. It has been so quiet everywhere.
I am sorry that you might have to work in the hosp or N.H., What did you do before. Was it home care or did you lean toward adm.? Sorry if I seem nosy.
My interview is Tues after work. Send all teh vibes you can spare.It is at a local outpatient clinic.

I did OK food wise, water poor as usual on teh weekend.

Sounds like you are holding your own.

Pam , Dana, Terri and Joanne and Lee. Thinking of you all. Hope you had a great weekend.

To all you lurkers jump in anywhere. You are more than welcome.
Old 09-23-2001, 08:28 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

I was in Home care but as the nurse supervisor. I did the Nh once and really blew my mind badly i almost wanted tyo get out of nursing completely after that and the hosp wel i just put my heart in to my work and get so burned out that i can not take care of my family with it. pluss they only consider the senority there and i would be doing off shifts and holidays (all the onesw that count) and weekends. and my kids really need me to be there for them. i am willing to be a lower pay scale (like i was here) to get better hours. so i am in a wuaandry. Hey i heard that the nurse from water town is leaving// they are desperate. the pay is not so great but it is better hours. if you want to travel the distance. I will be thinking ofyou on tuesday. and have you in my prayers.
Old 09-23-2001, 11:58 PM   #5  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick hello! As you can see by the time it is waaaaay past my bedtime, but I wanted to check in.

We had a very nice weekend. (Spent time at our youngest son's college and our oldest son went with us...so that was nice.) Having to say "good-bye" to both of them today (our oldest went back to HIS colege) was NOT nice. They are still "my babies" even if they are 18 and 21.

So...now it off to bed and on to MONDAY! (nasus...you owe me a "weigh-in" babe!)

I wish you all a wonderful ON PLAN week as we travel down the long and winding road to GOAL!

I will write more tomorrow....I am getting sleeepy......sleeeeeeeeppppy.....SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEPPPPPPPYYYYYYY!
Old 09-24-2001, 05:21 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Good Monday Morning,
My Sat weigh in was 243#

I posted a lo carb log thread for those wanting to post their menu, water and exercise daily for a week. Lo carb log sounds like an appetizer LOL.

Dana sounds like you had a great weekend w/ your family.

Sue, I completely understand about NH and teh hosp. Have you consisdered the following? ( keep in mind I am completely in the dark about Cortland)
Schools
Children's clinics( headstart)
Teaching at Boces/College
Nurse at a manufacturing company
Outpatient sub abuse clinic( Your RN is a QHP for them)/ mental health clinic.
Pharmacutical sales

Watertown and Syracuse are crying for nurses. The nurses at samaritan just passed their 4 year contract w a 3.5 percent increase. With your supervisory exp you would get a job here quickly. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I recipricate completely.

Well I have to find some motivation to get thru the day somehow. We are expecting some changes as a result of nonsence at work. It bodes to be an extremely stressful week at work.

Will check inlater
Old 09-24-2001, 08:05 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Good evening all,
Well the bomb dropped at work today. SO at least that is over. Now it's time for the fallout.
No stress eating though.

I want to say taht after skiping my w/o this am and then going to the gym this pm. what a difference. I really wished I hadn't talkked myself out of it this am. I felt so much better this afternoon. I hadn't w/o'd out since Friday and was I missing it.
Oh my gosh I am missing my working out. Who would have thought it?

Hope everyone else is doing well
Old 09-25-2001, 09:13 AM   #8  

Hello my dear Friends!!!

I'm finally back home and ready to start life over. These past few weeks have been so tragic for me, but as I have learned in the past, life does go on.

Obviously, I was unable to stay on program for part of the time I was out of town. I never went overboard while falling off the wagon, but I gained 10 pounds. I'm sure most of it was water weight as I am back to the weight I was when I left. Other than my morning coffee and my "happy hour", I did not keep up with my water intake...not a good thing!!!

For the last 2 days I have been back on program. I am doing (re)induction (until last week, I hadn't been off of the induction phase, which is probably why I was able to lose my weight so quickly) so that I can get back in ketosis. As I sit here typing, I have a huge glass of water next to me. My appetite hasn't quite returned, but I am trying to eat...hungry or not.

I can and will do this program. Now that I have learned all the things I am allergic to and/or those which cause me to gain weight, I'm sure this program will be easier to follow and that I will start dropping the weight again. It was frustrating losing and gaining like I did...especially when I had never cheated and was staying on the induction phase of this program.

I've not caught up on everybody, but you have all been in my prayers. Please forgive me for not addressing each one of you as I normally would. I will get back into the swing of things, but I have to do it slowly. Just know that I am with you all...all the way.

Lee
Old 09-25-2001, 08:15 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Lee glad to see you back. do not worry what you have gained is all water. I hope that the last week was not to tragic for you. Drink drink drink. keep the water handy for you! you will be back in no time to sheedding the poundage!!!

Dana i will not weigh in just yet i have about 5 lbs of fluid haning on me right now. i am near 180's and i know that i was down to 176 for a few days. TOM is comming and the not good water intake and the not good diet for the alst few days i have fluid in my legs and i can feel them!!!

PAT what BOMB??? (the one that you were looking for a new job?) or was there another one that i had my head in the sand for??? it is funny how the exercise makes you feel good! (see dana) I know that i am feeling better today for that and am ready for a killer workout tomorow!
there are not that many schools here i cortland or near here and they do not pay hardly at all!!! no where near what i was making. clinicks the same so i am just in the wishing stage!!!

Pam follow us up here hun!!!you sstill manage to catch the older threads just hit the newwest one with the last number. You are doing great but stay away from the crystal light!!!! that may be the key. your body is reacing to the fake sugar.

OOOOOOOHHHHHH that is why i have been dioing so badly i have been drinking about 2 L of diet soday every day the last few days!!!! that is why i am having such a hard time!!! DDDUUUHHHH well it is the water pitcher!!!
Old 09-26-2001, 05:37 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,

The bomb was significant changes at work as a result of some personal and personality problems. My job interview went well unfortunatly they can't come near my current salary and w/ teh economy as it is I am not willing to take the risk. Oh well

I caved at KFC last night and had popcorn chicken, I don't even want to think of the carbs in that. Other than that I am doing OK w/ water and exercise. Getting my 45 mins in a day.

Lee, I was glad to see your post. I am glad you are taking care of yourself as best as possible.

GBO- I had a problem w/ teh crystal light in the beginning as well. Had to get off of it.

Sue- Sorry I wasn't able to give you that "oh I never thoght of that" feeling about work/ job. It will work out eventulally for both of us.

Terri, Dana and Joanne

Planning an OP Day
Old 09-26-2001, 12:02 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Pat thanks for thinking of me and the job. i am cleaning the house right now or i would post more. I am procrastinating so i will report a cleaner house when i get back on this evening!!!I kknow that some thng will come up soon for you. just keep lloking and put it in gods hands. that is where mine is going. I wish that there was some place near that could be a good
prospect.

Hi all that will be following. Pam you can email me!
Old 09-26-2001, 01:58 PM   #12  
gbo

Hey ya'll sneaking up here huh..... and you thought you could escape me HA! Well.... salt is another num num for me. Looove that salt. I made myself seasoned hamburger meat thaat was ssssssoooooo good , yes siree! Worchestershire ,terriachi (can't spell it), and soy sauce. Num Num and of course the result is I went up slightly on the scale and knewwww it was the salt.
Sat there last night going ....how many ozs to a gallon HMMMMM.
I sit here with Plain water in hand doing fine. OP is the life for me!
Mind you , when I get below 300 me and my beloved veggies are going to spend some quiet time together.
I musst be losing something my brand new soft blue night gown is falling off my shoulders........now isn't that sad....LOL I couldn't believe it but I am glad...lets see .....a tuck here ......and a tuck there. Yea that works!!!! I am beginning to feel like the Queen Mary I sloshed when I walked last night now that's funny!!!!
and.............it was just plain water. I must have drank more water than I thought. I will keep a reign on the salt too. Any year now the old body will get it and move on.
I posted this on the 100 lb club so I will share it here too as I do love this board now that is fell over it....
My top weight at age 17 was 475LBS I lost to 238Lbs. When I lived in England it at the age of 21 it went back up to 350 so I got rid of a really bad marriage and again went down to 238 so now you know where another wall is! I was not about to see 400 again......EVER!!!!!!!!! Be prepared kids for 238 it is the "other" wall. Hanging tough , making Natchos for the family with meast sauce , sour cream and all the trimmings so you know who will be eating her tuna in the bedroom tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya all, Thanks for the input and Pat and Sue I know you both will fine fabulous jobs that you will be happy in. I just know it is about to present it's self. Sue just an odd question? Are you looking to do something really different....just a feeling but I have you both in my prayers.
Pam
Old 09-26-2001, 06:50 PM   #13  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Wink

Hello Friends!

Sorry I did not check in yesterday. After work I went to the dentist to have a root canal done. My first one ever...and the tooth was absessed. Two words: NOT FUN!
I came home and tried my best to sleeeep the pain away. I feel much better today. Time will tell if it was worth it all!

my nasus.....You will be glad to know that I am ENJOYING the swimming! Only problem is that I have soooo much energy when I get home at 9:30! The pool is only open 7:30 - 9:30 for lap lanes due to lessons/classes/swim team so I can not go until late! I am WIRED when I get home! Any herbal cafeine free teams out there that will help me sleep?? Glad to hear you are getting rid of that water weight you are carring around! How about making FRIDAY your new weigh-in day now and we can all start having a little more ACCOUNTABILITY???? I know it will do me good! I have decided to make the little orange sunglasses guy my "10 pounds each" smiley as soon as I hit 40 pounds. (34 so far!) I hope all works out with your job. You are in my thoughts. I work with a gal who was a nurse for 18 years and gave it all up to be an elementary school teacher. She did not have to go that long since the credits transfered. She said the salary is less, but the hours are much more "kid friendly" for a mom and the stress is WAAAAAAY less. With your personality and all, you should not have any problem finding something else....but a career change may end up in the picture. Time.....(and God's will) will tell. Keep us posted. (And, I hope you enjoy the water temperature at the Y since you are ON MY BACK as I swim!!!)

fralick...Yes, the weekend was wonderful...then the good-byes start all over again! I miss my "kids" as they are both in college, but I am adjusting to being the mother of MEN. Hubby and I get along GREAT..so that is a bonus! I hope it will all work out with your job as well. (See what I wrote nasus about perhaps a job change.) I see our nasus has driven you to the exercise as well, huh??? What a gal! She is right though.......you gotta move it to lose it! I feel soooooo much better after I exercise! P.S. Repeat after me: "THE COLONEL IS NOT MY FRIEND" "THE COLONEL IS NOT MY FRIEND" "I DON'T EVEN LIKE KENTUCKY." (You caught the KFC craving from nasus.......Don't give it to me!!!)

gbo.....Soooooo glad you are posting here! I can FEEL how badly you want to get to goal! Keep sharing and working hard! It will happen for you! Do you have a "weigh-in day" yet? Would you like to post every Friday as I do here? Keep up the positive energy! (And stay away from the initials KFC.....something is going around that we need to stear clear of!)

paula....."We do not fail because we fall down. We only fail when we do not get up again" You are UP AGAIN and on the right track! (We were holding onto your swolen ankels as you were hanging out of the bus! We will NEVER let you go, my friend!) You are in my thoughts and prayers as is the rest of this thread! We will make it because we MUST! Take it one day at a time! (That is really all any of us can do!) Would you like to try the "weigh-in day" on Friday as well? If you want to wait until NEXT Friday...fine....but maybe that will be the little boost you need to stay on course. Let me know if you feel you are ready! Stay on plan my friend. The control we feel once we have gained control over food is wonderful. We have so little "control" over so MANY things in life that solving THAT control problem is a step in the right direction.

Hey to the rest of you BUS RIDERS and LURKERS! Please check in and let us know how you are doing! Plenty of seats here on this BUS TO GOAL! We ARE gonna get there......hopefully with YOU on the bus with us waving out the window at all the passers by! Who knows...if we look REAL GOOD, we may even MOON a few folks as we go down the road!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL For now, my butt may scare a few people...so I elect to "keep my pants on." But, hey.....YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!

YOU ALL CONTINUE TO BE A CONSTANT SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND INSPIRATION TO ME...AND I THANK YOU!

DANA....(ALWAYS HOPEFUL!)
Old 09-27-2001, 06:02 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good Morning To you all.

First I want to express my gratitude to you all. You have become very important to me and my weight loss journey. As the recent events have reminded me, I am sometimes remiss in offering my gratitude and thanks to people.

Dana a root canal? OW. Glad to see that you really let nothing keep you down. Swimming is wonderful. My local school has a pool open to th epublic but they have swim team right now.
You are amazing. I am so glad I read your post this am. I really will avoid KFC . ANd must plan a emerg meal, I used to rely on fast food, and planning( or lack there of is a trigger for me). We have no place to go to pick up a quick salad here. Or I just don't know it yet. My BIL & SIL are struggling w/ their only child going away to school. Not coping very well I am afraid. Time goes by so fast I remember her at 1 year old. Seems like yesterday.

SUe How are you doing? get that house work done? I am avoiding it here. And I will be upset Sat am when I have to do it fast befor my nephew comes ( I am sitting for him). How is teh fit for life thing going? I am enjopying the treadmil. It is giving me some variety in my home gym.

GBO Thank you for sharing your story. SO you have already done this! People sometimes focus on rgaining this weight as a failure because they have to do it again I think that you are way ahead of teh game because you already know what works and what doesn't for you. Information is power. Saltis a problem for me too. I also seem to be more salt sensitive. I don't know if taht is part of teh lo carb woe or not. Maybe Sue or Dana know. Thank you for your support and prayers. SOmeting will come along.

Terri and Joanne and Lee

Gotta go ran out of time
Old 09-27-2001, 08:05 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

I have got to stop letting the stress take over. I was so proud of passing kfc and not having any cravings till i was asked to cover for the baby that i used to care for as the nurse had to go to a class so she could go and work at ground zero. so i did then it all fell apart i had cravings for kfc but managed to pass it. then i had a great idea for dinner as i had no time from the call to make dinner as all the food was frozen and had to get the car from ths shop right after and did not get home till 5:30 and DD had to go to girlscouts. I hit McD' (more initials) well that was not bad enough the soda machine was broke so i did not think band ordered the usual and had a choc shake with it all. big mack large ff and reg size shake. (Pat do not read that note no ideas you hear) I have a huge carb headach, and my stomach is flipping and worse of all was that it did not taste good!!!!! so dana i will give you a weigh in but it will be veryloaded with water and ranging about 6-8 lbs heavier that i should. worse was that i did exercise and did good i thought so why did i cave tonight??? i do not know and there is no excuse for it. I can be the model low carber why am i having such problems staying OP right now??? get the duct tape ans start straping i need to be back OP!!! there is no otherway to go!!!

pam yes you are getting the right vibes friom me. i am thinking of a totally different change for me. [possible nutritional, dietary stuff, maybe an exercise club although there is curves, and the y and a gym here in town, only curves is designed for women and the gym is so full of the mocho college boys and girls that there is no place for women to get serious and curves is great do not get me wrong but there needs to be more umph there. hey you are doing great and you can expect that 238 you will find us all under lifting you over that wall!!!

Pat the house is almost the same mess that it was. i have been running so much the last few days, (part of the reason of being off program) but i am working on that.

Lee i know that there is no excuse for being off program. I know that
Closed Thread