General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default 24

Does anyone else want to talk about 24? I love that show. Last year I was on the official Fox website and participated in the message board and it was really fun talking about the show with others, but there were way too many spoilers, so I've vowed this year not to go to that site.

I think this season is great so far. So sad about President Palmer and Michelle. Palmer was my absolute favorite character (well, tied with Jack and Nina). President Logan stinks. He's a lousy President and a lousy husband. I hope his wife goes to CTU or somewhere and finds someone to believe her story.

Okay, I could go on and on. I hope there are other 24 fans on here, it would be fun to have an ongoing thread while the season progresses.

Cindy B.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  

Hubby watches it......I don't.......I like Keifer Sutherland though.........just not a show I ever got into.

Enjoy!

Liz
Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #3  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i tried watching it for the first time ever last night, and i got lost lol. next time i won't have any distractions in front of me (ie, my computer lol) and i'll try again.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

LOVE it! DH has followed along from the beginning - I just started the end of last season.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #5  

I'm addicted! Got addicted last seson and bought the dvd's. I often stay up WAYYYYYYYYYY too late watching that show!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #6  

Susie: I've got all except Season 4 on dvd, and yes, sometimes I get on a kick and watch for way too long! I've gotten my parents hooked on it, and my hubby's family, and several friends. Those dvds are almost worn out! Even my stepson likes it, we got him hooked on it while he and his sister were staying with us this Christmas break. I first started watching during Season 3, which happens to be my favorite of all.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I love it too, I've watched it from the beginning. I screamed when Pres. Palmer was killed! He was one of my faves. Hope this isn't too much info but I've read that they plan on bringing back Jacks daughter. I just hope she isn't kidnapped AGAIN.

Lynn
Old 01-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  

Lynn: Kim's coming back? No, I really didn't want to know that, I was hoping to avoid spoilers, but now that you've said it I'm intrigued. Let's see, she was a CTU employee when she left, she married Chase, right? But we don't really know what they're doing or where they're living. But I guess it makes sense, since her Dad is back from the "dead" she would want to be in his life again. You're right though, she'll probably be kidnapped again! I guess it's better than being chased by a cougar!

I was talking to my hubby last night about this season. They've really played up Chloe's character, haven't they? She used to make funny comments every so often, but now it's constant. She's hilarious, I really like her. My favorite quote so far was when the director of CTU (I can't remember his name) said to her "You've violated about 7 rules, what do you think we're going to do?" and she said, "No, it's more like 23 rules." I know that's not even close to the exact quote, but you get the idea. She's great.

Cindy
Old 01-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #9  
She

Default 24

I love this show as well, especially since the last season.

I saw the below quote in a men's fitness article called "Set Worthy Goals" and thought you guys might find it amusing.

Quote:
Goal # 6. Build a bigger chest by March. Your simple plan: Watch the new season of 24 and do 10 pushups every time someone is tortured.
LOL

~Julie
Old 01-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #10  

Julie

Cindy, sorry about the spoiler, from now on it's

Lynn
Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #11  

I love, love, love "24". I just started watching last season thinking it was season 1 until my husbands collegue said it was like season 4 Thankfully, I have been able to catch up on a few of the seasons. This show is so intense! I am frozen still when it is on and I record the shows (great to be able to fast forward the commercials) but still can't move 'til it has ended!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 PM   #12  
Determined

I am completely OBSESSED with this show!! I love it. I rented season one about a year ago when I was having surgery and had watched all three seasons within a few months. Then watched four over the holidays. I love how anything could happen and no one is "safe," except for Jack, of course.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #13  

Julie: That's hilarious! Or maybe do crunches whenever Jack says "Dammit!" That'll get you fit, too!

Lynn: Don't worry about it! I have a love/hate relationship with spoilers. I'd be happy if I never heard another one in my life, but if I do hear one I get all excited about it and want to hear more! (Kind of like gossip, wouldn't you say? lol)

Nicole: I agree with you, I sit and don't move until it's over! Doesn't it stink, though, when you're used to watching the dvd's and now we're in the regular season and not only have to contend with the commercials, but also waiting an entire week between episodes?

I agree about Kiefer, I think he's a tremendous actor. I especially love his voice, so of course I loved the movie Phone Booth. Hey, has anyone else seen the Mac commercials about the Intel chips now being installed in Macs? I SWEAR that's Kiefer talking in those commercials. Anyone else agree?

Waiting impatiently for Monday,
Cindy B.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #14  

Default Great episode!

Man, tonight's episode was excellent! I'm sure 'ol Walt had to change his undies when Jack got through with him! And don't you just love Agent Pierce? He's the best.

Wow. I guess so much for Jack going back underground after the cannisters get secured. What was he thinking anyway? Doesn't he realize there's another 18 hours in the day?!

That episode really took my breath away. One of the best, in my opinion. What did everyone else think?

Cindy
Old 01-31-2006, 10:36 PM   #15  

I loved it (as usual) I can't wait for those twists that always pop up just when you think you've figured it out....it always surprises me. Besides the nerve gas they have to work in a way to resolve the Chinese gov't problem. Our Jack can't disappear again! Can he?

Lynn
Closed Thread