Old 01-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #1  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation Girls with Goals~Valentines Challenge WI #4

Can you believe that this is our fourth WI WOW time sure does fly! Once again I have not lost weight UGGGHGHHHH How frustrating I am still up two pounds from my start weight I just dont even know what to do anymore what to change how to get the remaining 15 lbs off but I will keep trying ! Failure only happens when you quit trying! I hope you all had a great week and things are going better for you than me!

SW 204
SW FOR CHALLENGE 160.4
CW 162.2 (+2)
GW 145

Good luck this week ladies I will be back in later to check to see how you are all doing!!!!!!!!!!!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #2  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Must be something in the air!

FGNM- it must be going around. I too am back up two pounds from the weight I was was at last weigh-in. I am as confused as you are.

Whatever we do, you and I (and anyone else who's scale needle is stuck or headed in the wrong direction) can't give up. We can totally do this! It is easy to get discouraged at times like this, but the tough keep going and that is exactly what we are going to do!!! The time has come to dig ourselves out of the trenches, kick up the cardio, pump some serious iron, eat some leafy green vegetables, drink a gallon of cold ice water and run toward that string bikini that would make your mother blush!!!

Who's in?

SW 165- 5 feet 7 inches
CW 161 (+2 but not for long!!!)
V-day Goal 154 (red size 10 dress here I come!!!)
TG 130 (string bikini here I come :::insert cat-calls here).
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #3  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

ugh, i'm up 2 lbs this week. can't figure it out. been working out religiously, minus a day off, and been eating really well. i've lost 2 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips though, so i'm not gonna stress about the scale too much.
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies well I LOST two pounds YEAH. I am sooooooo happy my hard work is paying off, now if it just can continue to go down that will be great. Hang in there ladies remember I was the one last week and the prior week no loss, and gained two pounds ,so maybe you all have been building BIG muscles. Have a great day and Yeah I am ready for bathsuit season myself THIS YEAR !!
Stacey

Last edited by Stayc; 01-24-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Yaay, Stayc! Congratulations on a good week. See what you get for hanging in there?

This morning the scale actually read a pound and a half higher than my lowest weight over the past two weeks. I have been very good with exercise, 225 minutes of cardio last week, but not always perfectly on the eating program. I've lost lots of weight a few times over the years, and my fat cells and starvation hormones are tenacious The trick is not to give up, and either pay closer attention to my eating, or change up my eating plan to boost my metabolism.

At any rate, jas80's experience hit the nail on the head: the scale tells part of the story, your clothes and a measuring tape tell you more. Who cares how heavy your feet are, if your body is getting smaller?

Have a great week!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #6  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Talking

Hi Ladies ~

Well I have lost an additional 3 lbs !!

I had a goal of losing 10 lbs for my Valentine's Day Challenge & have lost 5 of it, with 5 more to go !!

Congrats & keep up the Good Work !!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #7  
yvette120

Well ladies I've gained 0.2 of a pound. I have decided to count calories again because I need a kick in the butt to get back on track. So I have really started to exercise I am in my third day of exercise so far. Congrats to StayC you go girl and congrats to MommaAshley. Alright ladies lets get in gear we are going to lose this weight. Just give yourselves another week and see how it goes. Have a great week ladies and keep on losing. Oh by the way I weigh 203.2 pounds
yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #8  

Hey all, I am up a pound today but am thankful that it is not more (I really misbehaved with my eating the last couple of days) I really need to step it up and am considering joining my sister's aerobic class twice a week. I don't think my husband is too thrilled about it though...he isn't that fond of her and it will take some time away from us. What do you think I should do? I am not going to go change my weight tracker with the hope that I won't have to and will lose that one pound off soon....
Bloodbought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 AM   #9  
soon to be hot momma

Congratulations to all !! Wether you lost or not at least you are on this journey and trying to do the right thing!!!!!! We will eventually get there its just a matter of time!
Bloodbought I say do it! Its only one hour twice a week I dont think that that is taking too much time from your hubby we all deserve one hour a day to do what needs to be done for ourselves and in turn it makes us better people for others in our lives!! Happier too!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #10  
masterpiece in progress

Well! The scale gave me good news today. Back down to 161, which is a great. I must really be susceptible to water-weight which leads me to believe that I need to stop looking at that stupid scale like Jas 80 and Judy DC advise. According to my fitday (fitday.com) reports, over the past 5 days I have burned enough calories to equal 2.11 pounds versus the amount of calories I am consuming. I just need to keep it going for the v-day challenge. How is everybody else today? Hugs and stuff!

SW 165
CW 161
V-day Goal 154
TG 130
Old 01-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

This is my second day at home with a sinus bug. I've been sorta sluggish, sleepy and struggling to not eat comfort food. Bummer! I worked out a little yesterday and today, and it felt good to move around and get the blood flowing, but as soon as I began to feel tired I packed it in. I can't imagine that I will lose much this week, so I will focus on making good food choices and getting healthy again.

Bloodbought, I agree that you should try the aerobics class. Your hubby will get over it, and maybe he'll learn to appreciate what you're trying to achieve. It's not like you're going out for happy hour at a singles bar. I've read on other threads about how sometimes the people we're closest to can be speedbumps in our progress, for a variety of reasons. I hope you'll be able to enlist him as a coach or a cheerleader, or at the very least help him understand that this is about you and your health, not about you, him and your sister!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:17 AM   #12  

Thanks for the encouragement f.girlnomore and Judy. He used to be really into working out and everything and so the few times I have brought up joining a gym or whatever he has said that he will start working out with me and help me with the weight lifting bench we own. But, he is always so tired after he works and I just don't think we are on the same page as far as diet and exercise are concerned right now. He doesn't have a weight problem so I don't think losing a few pounds is a top priority for him right now. As far as my sister is concerned, he seems to always get jealous when I spend time away from him, but when I brought up the aerobics class he didn't seem to mind so we will see how it goes. Tommorrow will be the first class I have a chance to go to so maybe I will. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Has anyone else here had problems with people in your lives being speed bumps?
Bloodbought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:04 AM   #13  

Default weigh in

Hi everyone,
just in to report a lost of 1lb . I'm half way tomy goal for the v-day challenge. I have 6.5 to reach it. Hope you all have a good week.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Hey Bloodbought I have many in my life my mother in law who tells me everytime I see her, her son will leave me if I gain anymore weight, my husband who is skinny, tells me I am fine and he loves me anyways but when you want to lose weight ,you don't need your support system telling you your fine the way you are when I have health issue because of my weight. I completely understand that. I have just decided that this is what I WANT and only I can do it, forget what others say I need to do this for me and only me. Good luck with the class it will give you time with your sister which is great I love mine to death and she is my biggest postive supporter and I am sure your sister wants to see you succeed in your goals also. Have a great day all and remember "Thinking postive , is the first key to being postive !!!"
Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #15  
masterpiece in progress

There are weird reasons why people choose to impede your progress. Sometimes they are jealous of your willpower and your resolve. Sometimes they are worried that if you reach your goals, you will realize that you are too good for them... You never know the real reasons behind people's behavior. All you do know is what is right for you and you have to fight to do that despite roadblocks. If they truly care about you, eventually they will come around.