Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default STOP THE INSANITY Weekly Challenge #4! Countdown to Valentine's Day!

The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum.

Let's see how much we can lose by Valentine's Day!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:20 AM   #2  
dgpebbles

Morning everyone,

well I'm down another 2lbs this week....I did 6 of 7 days of workout last week....but I did ride my bike twice yesterday cause I knew I wouldn't be able to workout today...I am going to a Aerosmith concert tonight after work and I know I'll be to tired afterwards....

My goal this week is to get in exercise everyday the rest of the week, keep eating heathly...I do need to watch my water intake kinda slacking some days..

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weigh-in today ....I look forward to seeing everyones else's results..I know we all did great...chat at you all later
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #3  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!!

Yes, I'm happy with the scale this a.m.! I'm down to 214. Six pounds off last week! Yay! I know some of it was bc of my salt intake b4, so I slowed that down and I'm doing lots better! I kept my cals and fat in check for the whole 7 days, drank my water each day too, and did my exercises every day! This is the best week I think I have ever had while losing all this weight! I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly focused bc of my challenge on the other group. I didn't wanna be the slowest loser like I was last week. So I took charge and I think I may have won this week! 'Weighting' for everyone else's reports to come thru. If competition helps you at all, please consider joining our group. I know it has helped me. I'm back on track and going strong right now. That could change if another hurricane comes and displaces most of my family who live in Beaumont again, or my husband goes into the hospital or I adopt a newborn or if my baby has to spend a week in the hospital and I stay with her the whole time, never leaving once, (all of which happened this last year)... FOR NOW, I'm going strong again! Yayyyyy!!!

Thank you all so much for your help and motivation. I couldn't do it without you all. Seriously. Knowing I will be reporting here helps me too. I want to have done well.

So keep at it, ladies! (There are no men here lately, right?)

We are doing great! Hi 5^!!!

Big hugs, Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 01-23-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #4  
trying to only eat bamboo

So, best not to talk about my progress last week...with friends coming in from out of town, a roommate's birthday bash and sleep deprivation from work...i'm not going to even weigh myself today...

BUT, moving on...my challenge this week once again is to be in bed by 10pm! I really feel like getting some sleep would help my overall condition of being more active and staying focused!

Congrats to everyone who did so well last week!
phatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello, hello
Tuesday morning here, and I'm another pound down. I was going to skip weigh in this week, but then I thought I did want to know how I'm doing! Anoter pound down, but I won't be adjusting the ticker because it seems like I did the calculations wrong last week.

Last week went quite well, I met my goals 6 days out of 7.
And Mscat, thank you for the power that one day when I had an insanity moment. I did the exercises and did get to bed - about 10 min late, but I did challenge myself, so I'll let that count.

This week it's no food after 7 pm and to be in bed in time (10 pm the next two days, then 10:30 pm rest of the week), and no more than one coffee per day and at least one coffee-free day.

Good luck to everyone! :
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #6  
LGBWYFB

S/C/G: 244.2/244.2/159

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies,

GOOD JOB ON LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT!!!
Selina... wow! That's so great. I know how it feels to see the scale drop so much, and I'm really happy that you are all sticking with your progress.

Last week I missed two days of the gym, but today I went back to it with a fury!! Today I'm down about 2.0 pounds, 1.9 to be exact. I'm happy with that considering I went ot visit my mom and ate some home cooked foods!

This week, it's all me though so I will be joining you ladies in being strict with this!
acire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #7  

Default Congrats Ladies!

What a wonderful Monday report! A great week was had by all! Congrats to our last weeks' leaders . . .

carla for 3 days of goals met!

acire for 5 days and for 2lbs down!

Sushi for 6 days and for 1lb gone!

Pebbkes for 6 days and for 2lbs vanquished!

Bonnie for sticking with us and cheering us on. Relax on your week off from challenges.

Phatpanda we love you - don't worry about weigh-in today. Just keep working and weigh-in will pay off soon.

Selina for 7 days of goals met and for 6 whole pounds banished!

and me - couldn't face the scale either I only exercised 3 days (thanks to my bum knee), but I did 4 days of good eatin' and got to bed by 10 3 of those days. I count 4 days of goals met out of 7. Gotta do better this week - promising to get in 4 days of exercise and working on bed by 10 again.

I am sooo proud of all of you for standing strong even in the face of family visits, tempations and challenges. We are not giving up! Let's strive to have a STOP THE INSANITY moment that keeps us on track each day. Have a great week.

mscat-
All that we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #8  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Mscat, I had an idea the other night, just as I was falling asleep... maybe we could have "Insanity Stopped" reward icons? We'd post whenever we pressed the button or did something to stop the insanity and you as our leader could award us (and yourself as well, of course!) kudos...? What do you think, Ladies?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:23 AM   #9  

Hey, Sushi, I like that idea! A new way to meld the challenge and stop-the-insanity concepts! Now if only I could get a grip and actually hit that stop button a little more often...

Bonnie, sorry to hear you've got another family issue. Don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like to talk about it.

Mscat, good on ya' (channelling Aussie lingo here) for doing as well as you did, especially with the bum knee.

Awesome weight-loss success from Selina (WOW!) Acire, Pebbles and Sushi! Now if the rest of us could stop messing about and stop the insanity of using food for all the wrong reasons, maybe we would weigh in and make the weekly pounds-down hit list too! (But maybe not tonight? )

Tonight I'm celebrating a fairly positive outcome in our federal election here: the ruling party out (they had misbehaved and deserve punishment), a minority government (good because while they're too right wing they can't do too much to dismantle social programs in their present situation). Not a perfect scenario, but given fears of a landslide right wing majority, I'm just dancing and drinking the night away (metaphorically, at least).
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #10  
trying to only eat bamboo

Bonniebell - just wanted to say with your honesty to change the ticker I changed mine as well...thank you for making it real to me that it's okay to gain a little and get right back into the program...

too bad we can't make our own stop the insanity icon...but definitely think it's a good idea to give kudos for all of our willpower! mscat- you are too good about keeping track of things and rewarding us all...your leadership is much appreciated

hope everyone has a good day today!
phatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #11  

Default Happy Tuesday

Great day for me! Hit the insanity button a couple of times today when I wanted to snack - instead of the usual - I reached for a fruit or veggie and as a result - got all my servings in

Great idea Sushi! Let me know if anyone finds one we can import! For now I will use the sign for everytime you report a STOP THE INSANITY accomplishment!

Phatpanda and Bonnie for bravery and honesty in changing those tickers!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #12  

Gee, Mscat, it seems that in my case it's the d****d insanity button that keeps hitting me instead of vice versa. I have a feeling next week it'll be me you're congratulating for facing up to changing my ticker... this is a week that will live in self-indulgence infamy.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #13  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies
Three days of success behind me. Hopefully the rest of the week will go just as good!

Bonnie, congrats! Good job with the button! Actually, I want to nominate this icon as kudos for pressing our insanity buttons -- because it requires a lot of strenght to do it and to stop the insanity!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies!

Sushi - for 3 days of ACTION! I thought about using the symbol too! I like it - we'll give it a go and see how everyone likes it.

Bonnie for 2 days of ACTION and a for your S.T.I. moment! Thanks for the wine spritzer substitute recipe. Gonna try it myself instead of sneaking that more than occasional wine cooler.

carla I know what you mean - I skipped bellydance class (too much stuff to do this evening) and did NOT get on the treadmill to make up for it But I did do extremely well on diet plan - DD and I are on this very strict and stringent diet just this week only to jump start our weight loss beyond that dreaded plateau.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 AM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thursday evening here, and I messed up... had dinner late, munched after dinner, no chance of making it to bed by 10:30 pm...
However, I've had no coffee at all today and didn't even feel tempted! Being at home makes that easier, since I sually get coffee during break at work, but it's been even easier to have two a day at home ever since I bought this new kind of coffee in bags, which you can brew like tea.