Old 01-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

I down into the 270s ... I know it has been at least over a year since I saw something lower than the 280 range!!!!!!!! OK it is 278 and I still have a lot more to go, but I can not tell you how good it makes me feel.

Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #77  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have lost 23 pounds this month!!!!!!! Congratulations girl! What are you doing? I hope you are eating enough.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #78  

Thumbs up You can do it!

If it gives anybody comfort, I was at 250 lbs.at my highest weight. I already lost 100 pounds in the span of 3 years. Forty pounds in 2 years, and sixty in 6 months. The last time I went to the doctor, the scale weighed me in at 264 pounds (with clothes on, and it does make a difference). I couldn't believe it. So I stick to the same scale and it tells me that I'm currently at 149 pounds. What has really helped me shed the weight? Exercise exercise exercise! I only started with 30 minutes because I knew that at 210 lbs. (my weight after the first 40 pounds off) jumping, running, and walking would be too much on my knee joints. I must say that small gradual changes do pay off. Instead of mayonaisse on my sandwich, I ask for extra honey mustard. Instead of french fries, I ask for apple dippers. I will add that Slim-fast and Special K are good meal replacements. A weight-loss of 120 pounds may seem like a long journey, but once you are close to your goal, you'll see all the positivities, probabilities, and opportunities that come with it. You'll see how worth it all is! Just stick it through.
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Default Thanks for checking

Almost all of it is this month. I gave up all the bad for me stuff and have gone to 1600 calories a day. I actually started at 1200, but after reading and talking about it I felt it was too low of a calorie count at my current weight and my long range goal. I really started have turned up the exercise in my life. I never park close to the store. In the garage at my office building I park in the furthest corner on the floor to the entrance of the office building. I walk around the building when I get overwhelmed or frustrated at work. I am exercising with in my limits. My first goal was too high. My new goals are as follows:

- 2 pound weight loss niext week
- 30 min exercise routine a day (min) Monday through Sat
- more water

I do allow myself to give in to a craving, but will not allow any overdoing it. I wanted thai the other day so I ate half for lunch and half for dinner (when I use to eat all of it for lunch). If I go to eat out of boredom (I am starting to pick up when I am going to the pantry/fridge for the wrong reasons) I have to drink 8 oz of water and/or get on the ellipitical for 5 min. If I still want it I eat a little bit, but not as much as I would before.

I know this is an awesome start, but I am not excepting it every week/month. I would like to lose a lot before the events I have this year (especially the two weddings I have this summer), but I know there is no quick solution and the only way the pounds are going to come off is by getting my butt moving.

I really like the biggest loser workout lately. I am also doing a motown dance workout and the ellipitical. A little bit of strength training in the afternoon. I am also eating about 4 - 5 small meals. Like today. I ate some turkey mid afternoon so I will not overindulge when I go out to eat tonight.
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ok- Friday's episode was enough to frighten me a little, I have taken iteasy this weekend, even if it wasn't my heart, that feeling wasn't going away, now addressing a possible panic attack, I just don't know.... I wasn't feeling any more stressed than I usually am... you know, single mom, working full time ( and then some) running a household, but, I have been doing all this for almost 8 years, I personally don't think i was a panic attack, I didn't get worried until they couldn't find a cause, but, I tell you this... I am not GIVING UP! I am working out ( ok just doing the 1 mile WATP) tomorrow morning! I feel better doing this in the morning, AND I intend to add to it. I am starting to lose, and I am not quitting now! I will keep you all posted .
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote