Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Default Disgusting Lean Cusine...Must See Pic..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3/100_0057.jpg

I just made this and I want to die looking at it. Why is the shrimp like that? Notice one end of the shrimp looks fine and the other looks rotten? I was shocked and didn't dare eat it. I took a pic to write the company. Any suggestions on what to say to them? Thank gosh I heated this up directly from my freezer at home and wasn't depending on this for a meal at work or I would have been screwed.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #2  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

oh gosh that looks disgusting, I would be so upset But i don't even like shrimp eew I would write a very mean letter! GROSS!!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Ick - I don't think you'd need very many words as long as you include that picture. How does it smell? How annoying. I wouldn't have touched it either. I bet you'll get coupons for free entrees.

I know once I bought a package of lean pockets and there was NO filling in them!!! Yep, heated it up in the microwave and cut into it and it was empty. Anyways, they sent me $20 worth of coupons for free food.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #4  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

whoa.. I don't know what I would write to them.. but I certainly know I wouldn't want to look at that! What a let down
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #5  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

The shrimp reminds me of when they are raw but don't they precook everything and it is just a matter of heating it up??? I would say something to the effect that the shrimp looked spoiled and you were afraid to eat it.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #6  
missaprylj

The shrimp look uncooked to me too.... but I agree, just tell them they are spoiled and gross.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #7  
playin' for keeps

Those definitely look raw rather than rotten - see how the ones on the edges have turned pink? I think it's because stuff on the edges cooks faster than the stuff in the middle in a microwave.

Either way, it's not something you should find inside a frozen dinner. That's for sure!

I'd write them a note explaining that this is what you found when you heated your dinner for the recommended time. I'm sure they'll apologize and send you some coupons.

Just an afterthought - maybe they're supposed to come that way and there's something wrong with the microwave?

Good luck!

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #8  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Yuck! I would definately be contacting the company.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #9  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Normally they put cooked shrimp in the dinners. Some companies cook them in the containers they're sold in, then flash freeze them. Either way, the shrimp isn't cooked except for the pink edges. Looks pretty gross. Most of the food companies are good at sending out coupons for free products if you call them or e-mail them and tell them the UPC code and any batch numbers from the packages; they like hearing so they can trace things back to the batches and correct the problem. Definitely write them!

Their contact form is at
http://www.nestleusa.com/Public/ContactUs.aspx

Stouffer's is a Nestle company.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #10  
New mom to be

That's awful looking!!!! I would definitely write to them and complain because that is not right. You are VERY lucky that was not a meal at work. I would have been very dissappointed. It was probably even more disgusting looking in person!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #11  

I always try to avoid lean cuisine type frozen food. They cost a lot for what you get in terms of quantity and quality.....the picture provided in your post tells it all.

As other mentionned,you can write them a very angry letter....

In addition to, really scare them, have the FDA CC'ed on the letter.

Maybe a lab analysis can reveal unpleasant surprises......
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/173/150/-112

Height: 5'5

The shrimp is not rotten it just not fully cooked. You need to stir your food halfway thru the cooking in the microwave.. I eat this lean Cusine meal all the time and if you don't stir the shrimp will not cook all the way.
poiuyt2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #13  

Wow...what LC meal was that?? I want to avoid it. :P I've eaten a lot of different LC frozen meals (and WW) and the shrimp have always been fully cooked out of the package, just frozen. They screwed up.
dragon980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #14  

Nasty!!!
honey-dipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #15  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I would advise not writing them an angry letter. Write them, but do so with courtesy. I was on the other side of the customer service equasion for several years, and I can tell you that angry rants about products are not handled well by the majority of employees.

When you contact any company with a problem, start out on a good foot; write a well-thought-out note listing the facts, stating your disappointment, and saying what you expect. Avoid inflammatory remarks, name-calling, and generalization. It doesn't hurt to say something like "normally, your frozen entrees are great and I buy a lot of them, but...". End it with something like "I know your company stands behind its products and I know you'll make this right."

That will net you better, and likely faster, results. As the saying goes, you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote