Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 08:35 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Thursday Means one day till the WEEEEEEKEEENNNND

Monring and Afternoon Girls
Today is junnkfood day in the land of moi
(using moi always makes me think of Mis piggy) I had a meeting about the doors in my appt building this AM and all i had to eat that was quick were Hobnobs an oat cookie thats covered on top in choc so ofcourse i had 3 my healthy lunch consists of chips and fullfat coke 500 ml no 20 oz bottles here this afternoon I'm meeting with the directors of my program who are taking me on hols this weekend woowoooo so that means a free dinner tonight and a free weekend! yah i'm not OP but at least I'm eating for a change
Men here are very different than american men or maybe just less subtle I was working with someone on the booklist for my mythology class and he blatantly checked out my chest ( I knew it should be outlawed) i mean granted we all know men do that but American guys seem to be more subtle i wasnt insulted just wierd moment of culture shock
Anyway I have to go write a barrage of emails Come out and play
Love
Kier
Old 09-20-2001, 10:19 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Good morning Kier! It sure is quiet so far today. Thanks for the laugh this morning... your story about the guy glaring at your chest cracked me up. Have fun on your free weekend!!

Where is everyone? Come out and say hi!

I am getting my hair highlighted today and I can't wait! The sun bleaches it so much in the summer, which I hate, so I can't wait to have it looking a little less fake! (even though it will be!)

I'll check in later when there is more going on here.

Jen
Old 09-20-2001, 10:27 AM   #3  

Good Morning Girls Ugh, I am soo sick. I had some kind of stomache virus the last couple of days and now my stomache is fine but my head is all stuffy and achy. Yuck! The only good thing is that the last thing I feel like doing is eating! It's horrible to think of being sick that way but it's true.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I don't really have any plans yet for a change which is really really nice. I'm starting to look for a job so I think the countdown is on for how many free days I'll have.

Kierie... LOL how weird is that with the guy staring. Just shows the difference in culturally acceptable norms I guess.

Jen...I hope your hair turns out just the way you want it. I keep saying I'm going to get mine colored or highlighted but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyways... I hope you are all having a good day so far!
Old 09-20-2001, 10:46 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I have not been in my office for days...and now I am out the door. Just a quick hi and I will try to get back later.

Trish
Old 09-20-2001, 11:22 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Default Mornin' Everyone

How is everyone's day so far? Mine hasn't started yet but I'll be heading to work in a few minutes. I am sooooo tired today. I had a brutal headache last night and couldn't fall asleep so finally my DF gave me a massage and read to me so at about 3am I was finally sleeping. It is going to be a long day I did super good yesterday program wise. I even managed to have 3 chocolate chip cookies and still had 2 points left besides my exercise bank! Awesome! Hopefully today goes as good except I have a huge hankering for Peanut Butter! I had it on my toast for breakfast and I have a PB&J sandwich packed for my lunch. I'd really like to grab a spoon and dig in bt so far I'm resisiting. Good thing I'm leaving for work soon. Any of you Canadian ladies know where to find low-fat peanut butter? I can't seem to find it at any of the "regular" grocery stores here in Saskatoon If you can find it let me know.

Kim thanks for that great poem. Did you write it? Its awesome. Is it okay if I email it to some of my buds?

Shalyn sorry to hear you're not feeling so hot. I hope you feel better right quickly.

Jen have fun getting your hair done

Hi Trish! and hi to everyone else who hasn't come out to play yet. Have a super OP day everyone I'll check back later after work.

Rina

Last edited by RhubarbJelly; 09-20-2001 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:58 AM   #6  

Hi all!

Don't have much time to chat. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Mom and I are taking off work this afternoon for some shopping and visiting my cousin and her new baby....Jen, I am heading to Madison, look out Kohl's!!

My points are in check, and I walked 3 miles in 40 minutes last night on my treadmill. Felt great.

Well, better run...talk to you all tomorrow!

Old 09-20-2001, 01:37 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I didn't write the poem!

Wish I could take credit, but I can't. It was forwarded to me. Some of my co-workers have thought I wrote it too, because last year I wrote a story in the form of a Grinch poem, about a stolen Christmas tree. So, please, forward it on if you like!

Shalyne: My fun plans are moving this weekend, when I'm not working on Saturday. Should be interesting.

I actually have been eating well today. Hooray! I had a Nutrigrain bar for breakfast (3 points), and I went to the sushi stand for lunch and had 4 pieces of a California roll, chicken teriyaki, and double salad (instead of miso soup.) Yummy. Told ya, I'm back on track!

Rina: I couldn't sleep last night, either. I haven't slept well since the attacks and now I'm worried about the move, and about this public speaking thing I have to do tomorrow night. Our local theater is showing the Laramie Project all weekend, and holding 20-30 minute discussions about the play afterward. I'm on a panel tomorrow night with another journalist. He's from TV, so he's used to talking in front of a bunch of people. I'm not so good with that, so I'm terrified. I figure I can make it through a half-hour.

Because I have to work and move this weekend, I'll miss the blues and jazz festival going on Sat. But there's just no way. Sigh.

JenK: I've been thinking about dying my hair red but I'm being a wimp. My hair is probably like yours, it lightens up in the summer but then darkens in the fall and winter, so I end up looking like I have roots by no fault of my own. I've gotten it highlighted before, but now I'm wondering how it would work to play up another color. There's some reddish tint to my hair, especially in the darker winter months, and my mom's a redhead, so I thought it might look OK. If I do it, I think I'll have it professionally done so I don't screw it up!

Ugh ... cramps! Time for some ibuprofen. Maybe I can go home early today. All I have to do is tell my editor it's a female thing and he tells me to go home. It's quite amusing.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:38 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi all,
I'm feeling really weird today, I think I might have a fever and I'm pretty dizzy - I might have to go lay down in the lunch room for a bit. My sis stayed home from work today so maybe I have whatever she's got. But I did manage to stay OP yesterday - YAY! Today shouldn't be a problem either with feeling so yucky. I hope I can still go to the barn tonight - I've barely ridden this week and done no walking - I need some exercise, maybe that's why I'm not feeling well. OK the ****'s giving me evil looks so I better go pretend to work - I love being a Temp.
KT
Old 09-20-2001, 01:39 PM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I Love Kohl's!!

They are opening up here in Oklahoma City the first of October!!
I can't wait!
I'm taking tomorrow off, so I have to get back to work!!
Take Care
Old 09-20-2001, 03:35 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh Tonya... we have a new Kohls here that opened this spring. I love the place, but rarely have time to go there. Guess I will hit the place before my vacation!! Oh and I met Mr. Kohl when I was in HS and since we were a small class and won this national award, he gave us tickets to his private suite at a Buck's game. How fun!

KT... I am on the verge of illness too!!! I think it is a cold, my chest and throat are tightening up!

HEY to everyone else. I have lots to do, we have a conference next week and I am in charge of all documentation.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:24 PM   #11  

What is up with all this sickness going around?? Way too many of us are either sick or getting there. Yuck!
Closed Thread