Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 11:59 AM   #1  

Default Mooo-nday cows

Well, it's the beginning of another week, cows. I took a break from non stop news watching and went to the rodeo. I felt guilty being able to. Even so, reminders were everywhere. Lots of talk of what will happen next. You really don't want to get a drunken cowboy on that subject. Nothing like a couple hundred drunks in a bar singing the national anthem.
Old 09-17-2001, 03:05 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Wabbit

Keeping those good ol' boys reined in, eh? People can be so irrational -- some moron drove his car into a mosque in Ohio. Sheesh.

It's a gorgeous day here -- Indian summer, I guess. Tomorrow Dd's class is going on a field trip to the state park where they will be canoeing among other things. Apparently there will be 3 canoe races and DD is planning to win with her best canoeing buddy. The rest of the class won't know what hit 'em when those 2 whiz by.

I managed to avoid snacking last evening and went to bed an hour earlier than my usual abyssmal bedtime. Slept maybe an hour the whole night. Had to get up finally and eat something I was so hungry. I'm hopeless.

Kiwi
Old 09-18-2001, 02:05 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Unhappy Guess it's just us'ns, eh Wab?

I'm just posting because I've decided I finally have a little tad of willpower and I'm going to try to take advantage of it. I'm getting ready to get to bed (yes it's 2 am, that is early for me; that's why it's such a problem!), and the only snack I've had since dinner is leftover salad with a little cheddar and salad dressing. Hopefully I won't wake up in absolutely painful hunger like I did last night (well, actually I was already awake most of the time anyway).

Now here's for the really gruesome part: I'm going to start posting those awful 3 numbers like so many people on 3fc do. I'm hoping you all will be saying "no way does she weigh that much!!!" and "she has to be inflating those numbers--I've met her and she's practically a wraith!" etc. Get going, ladies.

'night
Kiwi
Old 09-18-2001, 03:50 AM   #4  
fatter than U

Talking No way does she weigh that much!

Must be the taffy-coloured hair! Hey, Kiwi! Maybe getting it out in the open will help. I've stopped gaining, but I'm sure not losing anything, except those pesky 3 lbs of water weight that come and go. Official weight today 161.5 lbs. Bleh. I weighed 126 once, you know.

yesterday I made (but did not necessarily eat) chocolate pudding, scalloped potatoes, plum cake and oatmeal shortbread. I think I'm trying to comfort the whole world but it's not working. I went to grade school with a guy called Tom Burnett and I keep wondering if it's the same guy who was on that flight that crashed in PA. They listed his age at 38, same as me. But I suppose there are millions of 38 yr old Tom Burnett's in the world, eh?

Hi Wabby! Rodeo sounded fun, 'cept for the drunken cowboys. I've been glued to the news too - so depressing.

My brother's new baby is now officially known as Cranky Pants or the Crankster. He has actually cracked a smile but he's still pretty testy. I wonder what he'll be like when he's two?

Take care, darlings! Sugar P
Old 09-18-2001, 08:37 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Arrow go here....

...to light a virtual candle.

http://www.n.dk/taendetlys/frLightALight.asp
Old 09-18-2001, 12:26 PM   #6  

Default No way!

It must be because you have such a big heart, Kiwi, dear. Are we really going to get back on topic? Do I have to admit how many greasy double cheeseburgers, hand dipped corndogs (made by the Christian Youth group- I ate them because it was a good cause) and huge nachos I ate last weekend? Not to mention the gallons of booze I drank (only because it was so blasted hot). I'm back on the wagon since monday, though. Yesterday was cereal for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch and chicken stirfry for dinner. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on fruit and veggies. I walked this morning and did a little bit of free weights and sit ups. I've decided that getting old is inevitable, but I'm not letting the body completely go without a fight.

I had to go yesterday before I got the chance to say how happy I was to hear from the lovely Lush. I was getting a little worried about you, girlie. Actually I'm still a little worried about you. You've had an awful lot to deal with lately, don't forget to try to take a little time out for yourself. Not that you'll even get to read this with no computer.

Kiwi, now that it's all out in the open for the whole world to see (my word you're a brave girl, I won't even tell DH) you've got no where to go but down - in weight, that is.

Hi Sugar, Bagzie, Cran, Frappe and anyone else checking in today!
Old 09-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Good job, ladies

Well, Wabbit, I may be brave, but I wouldn't tell DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess you'll know if I start gaining, if I yank those numbers off! Ah yes, Sugar, the good ol' days--I weighed 120 when I met DH. I'd feel sorry for him putting up with lardbutt here, but he's gained almost as much as I have.

Gotta love those little nephews, eh? I like the name Crankster. I'll have to suggest something like that to my sis. Apparently her youngest, 15 months, has become quite impossible. He's a darling, but when he doesn't want to do something, he throws tantrums, and he's so strong, my parents can't do anything with him. They took care of him until June, but fortunately he's in daycare now, or my mother would be ready for the nursing home. My sis sure has her hands full.

Had another entirely sleepless night. Must be stress. I did dream in one of my moments of sleep yesterday that they found a whole bunch more survivors under the WTC.

I really like that you made, but did not necessarily eat all that, Sugar. And let's get real, Wabbit, you bought but did not necessarily eat all those things at the rodeo. Call it plausible deniability.

Well, take care and tata

Kiwi
Old 09-18-2001, 04:55 PM   #8  

Default Can't deny it

I ate all that stuff. I'd never buy it and not eat it, Kiwi. My mother always taught me to clean my plate. If we're all admitting our marriage weight, I weighed 110 when I got married. DH weighed 185. I now weigh 150 and he weighs 190. Isn't that pathetic???? There is no way I could ever be that thin again. I think 125 is my perfect fighting weight. That's only 25 pounds. I could do that, right???

My cutie patootie nephew, when his mother asked him how his day was at preschool, answered "mom, I don't think you need to concern yourself with that." He really is a sweet, easy going kid, I don't know where he heard that one.

My parents are on a 2 month long motorhome trip. My younger sister and I are supposed to take care of their house and business while they're gone. My oldest sister, who has had lots of problems with drug and alcohol moved into the folk's brand new beautiful home without their knowledge(along with her very scary boyfriend and unhousebroken kitten). She's 51 years old, when will she grow up? Little sis and I drew straws on who had to tell the parents. She lost, so called the parents and told them what was going on. My older sister called and left a very long, nasty message on her recorder about what a tattle tale, goody two shoe, backstabbing sister she was. Older sister has the ability to turn us two younger sisters into the same little kids she used to bully around. Kinda makes you want to divorce certain family members. Can't wait until we have those fun holiday dinners together.
Old 09-18-2001, 06:24 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

I think I saw a TV movie about you and your family. Don't worry, it will all work out in 2 hours, including commercials.

I don't know, Wabby, my 70 lbs beats your 40 lbs with a club. Of course I carry it well on my tall statuesque frame.

Kiwi
Old 09-19-2001, 12:36 PM   #10  

Default not fat, just too short

You are speaking the truth, Kiwi. At 5'2" I'm as wide as I am tall. The problem is that I can delude myself for long periods of time about my weight. After all, when I look down I see my skinny wrists and forearms and my pretty much in shape legs. My problem area seems to be between my shoulders and my hipline. As long as I stay away from full length mirrors, I'm ok. (This isn't easy to do, considering we have huge sheets of mirror stacked out in the shop - but I've learned not to look.)

I walked this morning, ate a healthy breakfast, did some hand weights & situps. So far, so good today.

My little sis left a retaliatory message on my older sis's recorder. Dueling message machines.
Old 09-19-2001, 04:36 PM   #11  

Default rodeo videos

Here's a shot of me at the rodeo.
Old 09-19-2001, 06:44 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Heeheehee

That made me . You're some cowgirl, Wab.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:15 PM   #13  

Default If you think that's somethin'...

Here's one of DH:
Old 09-20-2001, 01:43 PM   #14  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default You're scaring me

Wabbykins, are you going to post one of me trying to zip my jeans?

Those thingies are cute as the dickens. Or dickins. Like you.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:24 AM   #15  
fatter than U

Wink make love not war!

Hi cows!

Way to got attaching those images, Wabby! You're a genius. I just can't picture you being fat, 'specially when you weigh less than meeeeee!

Peaches! None of Herbies babies are in the reserves, are they? And where in the world have you been? Cowland is going all to pot without you.

Kiwiiiiiiiii! I'm sure dh doesn't think of you as a lardbutt! Mine has put on about 40 lbs too (my dh, not my butt!), but he's 6'4" so it kind of disappears.

I may attempt to exercise today. Parents arrive in 12 days and I still haven't made a dent in this mess.

Later, darlings

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ SugarP -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Closed Thread