Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #162.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies!!

We're a group a lovely ladies who like to chat about our weightloss struggles, successes and also about everyday life.

Please join us! We'd love to have you!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Oh, pete sakes, I will be the first to post......

I had a lovely Greek salad for lunch (130 cal) and added a can of albacore tune and pickled beets. I also bought some yummy whole grain sesame seed pretzels. Very good and lo fat. I left them in the car after eating a handful - otherwise I would gobble them down.
I had a bowl of oatmeal and an orange for breakfast.

My focus this week is to get below 160, I will KILL for 159!

Hey, that is why we are Jaded Ladies, right??? lol

ugh.......better get. People are here.......

EDITED:
ok, I am back. Constant people traffic. I can't even eat my lunch without them wanting something. I get half way into the bathroom and they yell "Susan, Susan....can I ask you something????"

ummm, no. Gawd......lol

Rocky is on the phone - my sweetie. .......he thinks I am wonderful.....hehe - have him fooled.....jk. On a post pms today,,,,,

chow!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-17-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #3  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Crazy day at work today..........new office manager and NO ONE knows what's going on...........so ME and MY big mouth call the District and.......WHOOOOO WEEEEEE causing some trouble is really what its all about ..........huh??????? the hokey pokey is NOT what its all about??? HUH???? I really hate to appear to be incompetent in front of clients........and ...........WHEEEEWWWW.................worked a 9 hour day.....tommorrow will NOT be better as I have to take my GD to the dentist again...........GEESSSHHHH life goes on .............but I stuck to my diet today!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

160...I'd kill to not be 200 anything again!!! Work stress going on bigtime right now--get rid of a person and flip flop a person I am glad to be rid of and replace with a person that is trying to pick up on all the little details and then dump a new program on us that calls for at least another 1/2 time if not full time person!!! No problem right--don't they say a certain amount of stress is good for you?????? I still do the happy dance that the psycho is in another department and that the saying that your sins will find you out is TRUE!!!!!!
Went to my slim-n-tone and did extra round waiting for the elliptical--I am tired and going to bed to stop the ringing phones in my head!!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - YAY for keeping up with the exercise! Glad your DD has such a good buddy. Friends you can count on are priceless. That's one reason I like this place so much.

Marti - aww, I'm glad you like being back in the Sony bldg. Must give you a feeling of homecoming, sort of.

Katy - yep, if you're like me, you'll take the losses however you can, lol.

Christine - YAY for staying OP! Sounds like your life is mighty busy.

Cristi - I know that the news of the 3fc book has brought more people. And some technical changes are going on. So those things added to the new year's flood, I guess that's what's happening to the server. Keep hanging in there, though, and it will get better.

Susan - your salad with the tuna and beets sounds very good! And healthy, too.

Went to Evansville with Terry and Gina today. Her dad has terminal cancer, and the docs have done just about all they can do, so they may move the wedding date up. It's too sad!

I've been doing very well with the calories/points. I tend to do both, lol. For a snack, I dipped some grape tomatoes in salsa that I had mixed with 1T Light Done Right ranch dressing. Yum!

Be good and I'll chat at ya tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #6  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Morning!

Well today was my weigh in day and I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I'm sort of happy for that one since I messed up so bad over the weekend

Julesmaybe there's something in air for the 'work signs'???? All the planets and stars are in alignment for disasters at work???

Jane Yah.........my life runs at 100 miles/hr............sometimes but I like it that way for the most part...........hum.............am I crisis oriented??

off for the morning errands....................
Old 01-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Finally....

Got signed on earlier and did a little bit of lurking. Then came here and guess what? The server busy stuff started! It's enough to drive a person mad, or me anyway! So went upstairs and did a couple of things and came back and viola...here I am. Anyway, did the wally world thing this morning and then ran over to Michaels to see about getting a grapevine wreath and something to put on it. Does anyone have a winter wreath? And what is it? I've not had one and hate the bare spot...but what do you use for a winter wreath? So I found some berries. They were Christmas looking berries but thought it would fit in with Valentine's Day so got them since they were 90% off. It looks okay, kind of plain but that's okay. They had some really nice sunflower wreaths for spring...may have to get another wreath and make one. I love sunflowers. Or I could just take the flowers off of the spring one I have and do sunflowers. seems a waste though. Anyway, while there I stumbled upon some mini-flags. Now I don't usually do a flag for Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day but they were cute and only $4 so what the heck. Why not have one for every holiday season? Also, got an Easter one too. Anyway...

CHRISTINE...hope everything is fine with GD.

JANE...trying not to get frustrated about the server busy stuff. It's crazy that if I am able to get on and sign in and post once and then try again I can't. Then, not even be able to sign off. Sorry to hear about Gina's dad. (((((HUGS))))) to her and Terry, and the rest of her family. And I do know that song and like it! There's songs like that that hit me hard too. So is Kati missing home at all? I didn't think Josh would when he left and was totally surprised when he said he did.

SUSAN...good job on the 3 miles walked! How's Rocky doing? Other than being in love with you!

KATY...I think going peacefully is the only way to go. And in some ways I think it is a little easier on the family. I hope that I can go peacefully also when my time comes. WOOHOO ont he loss! I did join the site also, thanks for sharing the link. I won't journal of course but I like the site and will go there to get tips and menus.

JULES...just remember also, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! Or so they say! Was DH able to fix DD's car or will she have to get another? At least she has a good friend to help her out, that is sweet.

MARTI...hope you are able to get to the gym at work once everything is in order. Iwould love to go to a gym, then maybe I wouldn't get so bored with walking/exercise. I checked out Jazzercise and thought that would be fun. But no where did I see the price, just a $20 coupon off for the first month for newbies. So I was thinking it would be costly if they are giving a $20 coupon off. When it comes to spending money to work out I get cheap. I know it's for my own good but it is just too much money. Especially when I have equipment at home. Glad your car is fine. yeah, I would think if someone hit your car hard enough to do damage to the frame, etc. that there would be damage elsewhere. That would have to be a hard hit.

MINDEE...glad to hear FIL is doing better, hopefully he got to go home.

KATHY...actually started on K is for Killer and then went to the library and found a couple of books I wanted to read. Those two were the ones I was reading. Shoot the Moon and just finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote last night. Then went back to reading K is for Killer. Need to quit going to the library and read what I have at home. I knew you had three children, but for the life of me couldn't remember their ages. I knew one was a little tyke. Sounds like the teenagers have very good heads on their shoulders, makes a momma proud doesn't it?

Hi ANGIE, SUE, MEL, MARYKATE, ELLEN, CONNIE and anyone I may have inadvertently forgotten to mention.

UPS just delivered my candles! I'm a happy camper! Took almost a week, thought UPS was faster than the USP. Still am surprised that they are discontinuing the Wedding Day scent. Oh well, I have enough to last for quite a while, especially if I use other scents every now and then. Kind of hooked on the raspberry cream now so will continue to get those too. Anyway, need to get going ladies and get my laundry folded. I love this washer in that I can load it and set a timer for when I want the clothes to start. I've done that a quite a few times at night so that they start in the morning if I have places to ba and errands to run. Now if I could just train it to put htem in the dryer and start that when they are done!

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon -

Just ate lunch - a salad with lo fat cottege cheese and tuna that I brought from home - had oatmeal for breakfast.

I miss Gaby right now. I will get off early from work and take Rach for a med appt.

Rocky is good. Going through an application process to care for a Easter Seals child. He was interested in that - a boy from his school.

I better get..........grrrrrrrr..............

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-18-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've already started my Spring Cleaning!

I thought that w/my hours at work that it would just be better to start De-cluttering the house and enjoy the warm weather when (and if) it comes.

Good news. James was brought back to Eugene! So it was only a week of being in the Dalles. All those phone calls must have paid off. So now he's back to 2 days gone 2 days home. I can live w/that.

Susan--You're doing great w/your eating and exercising!! You'll reach your goal in no time. I've got to step up and start doing the same!!

Christine--What do you do for a living? Sounds busy and hectic...kind of like what I do! (ok....probably like all of us)

Jules--Ok, who in the world said that a little stress is good for you? I've had enough of my share to last me the rest of the year!! Too much going on. And w/the company moving....everything is so darn hectic.

Jane--I guess it's kind of a homecoming. Very disoriented since they remodeled. But there are a few of the security gaurds that worked for Sony that are still there! That's pretty cool.

Cristi--Unfortunately the gym is still not safe to workout in. They have it blocked off until all the construction is completed. They have a huge machine coming in that they're working on which will be directly above the gym....so we have to wait. That should be a week or so. Not too long. I'm looking forward to using it!

Hello to all the other gals out there!

Oh....James looked at the car, and pretty much said the same thing Jane did. "Did they actually hit you?" He probably thought I was dreaming too. So all is good there. Not reporting anything. (lucky woman, because the police said it was a felony)

Ok...off to finish cleaning then clean myself to go to work.

Chat w/you all later.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - I just knew you'd know the song I meant. I too am stingy about spending money to work out when I have stuff here I could use. Operative word: Could, lol. Katie says she gets a little homesick at night. Things like that are always worse at night! Speaking of packages, we got the wrong address for Katie, and she hasn't gotten any cards from me yet, which she should have. So she was told that the mail will be returned. And just yesterday Neal mailed my package of candy to her.

Christine - well, at least you didn't gain! But I know how frustrating it is to thing another week went by, with nothing to show for it. Better luck next week, toots.

Susan - what was the grrrr for?

Marti - WOOHOO for James coming back home. Bet you're lovin' it! I always do my spring cleaning in the late winter, but don't have to this year, since we're tearing the house down. YAY!

Back to Evansville today. I had a partial plate made there, and it feels pretty good so far.

Did I mention we had about an inch of snow? So pretty!!

Take care and I'll catch you tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say hello.

Jane, its kind of funny, we usually have lots of snow by now and knock on wood we don't have any. But the trees are all frosted and it looks so nice.

Marti wonderful news about James. We are looking at getting a new car, but I haven't the slightest idea about what kind I would like. Glad your car is ok.

Cristi I am very lucky to have good kids. Even DD boyfriend who is here every weekend (because he lives 1 hour away) is a great kid that we don't mind having around at all. Do you still have 2 kids at home?

Susan when you say Rocky is in the process, is that sort of like foster parenting? He will have another young one living with him? You know maybe you could move the girls, the good ex that feeds you and your mom to Hawaii. Then you could go ahead and get married and not worry about anything.

Jules are you able to match your workout with the fun ones that were there with you before? Good job on the extra round and then eliptical trainer.

Christine poor little GD. Hope everything is better for her after her dentist visit.

Hi to everyone else.
Must run.

Kathy
Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I finally remembered to call the court house to inquire about Logan's birth certificate since it has been almost three months since he was born. The lady tells me, "well you are going to have to come here and place an order for a copy. it will be $15." She then said " Lansing keeps the original and then sends us a copy. We then can get you a copy but you have to come in and order one." I said "well, my oldest son was born down state and when we filled out the information for his birth certificate, we received one in the mail." She cuts me off and says "well, that is the hospital certificate and that won't do you any good." I was unnerved because she cut me off, so I said "When my son was born down state, we received his birth certificate in the mail." She said "well, that isn't how it is suppose to be done. Lansing has the original then they send us a copy of it, and you can come pick one up."

I was agitated at that point, and asked for the hours. So, when we go into town on Friday, looks like we will have to stop at the court house, pay them $15 and get a copy of his birth certificate.

We also got this card in the mail from a grocery store in Bad Axe with a gift certificate in it. They saw Logan’s birth announcement in the newspaper, cut it out, and sent it to us along with a nice card that they made for him.

Update on my FIL: He is out of the hospital and at home driving my MIL nuts! Thanks for all the prayers for him! Now, if we can get my GMIL to do what she needs to do, then she can go home next week.

I managed to do all my strength training/cardio exercise yesterday, and I even added some! I am so right now. If the boys weren't sleeping, I would probably be bouncing around playing with them like that.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Really quick post from work....just to let you ladies that enjoy the Wedding Day scent that is being discontinued by Yankee Candle....I emailed the daughter of my co-worker who is a SAHM and makes candles/bath-body products on the side and she said that she had just put her "scent" supply order in but she would be ordering again in a month or so and that there was a duplicate scent. She got Pearberry scent for my daughter which is on the discontinued list at Bath & Body and my son likes pear not pearberry and she is testing a pear scent now.
Gotta start getting some work done before the phones go crazy!!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

The grrrrrr was because I am constantly interrupted!!!!! I don't have time to post and work at the same time!! haha
Just short of patience lately.......grrrrrrr

Lousy job last night on eating. I had 3 slices of wheat bread w processed cheese on it - plus a bag of noodle soup - feel so fat now. I didn't walk because I was too tired.
Adjusted my hours to start work at 9am to take the girls to school. Slept til 7:15am.......just pooped lately - maybe all the walking??
Girls take up so much time. I ran to Freddies at 8:00 pm to get Beck a hair dye. *sigh*....she is so determined!!!

Kathy - process meaning a back ground check - to be like a Big Brother. The boy lives with his grandmother -

grrrrrr - better go.......
Old 01-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies....

MARTI...what a great present...James being sent back home, yay! And a great idea about spring cleaning now to spend the time outdoors when it does get warm. I can't wait to get back to the yard! And a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

JANE...sorry that you guys have the wrong address for Katie. But once everything is sent back, you can put it all together and send it together...one big care package-that would totally make her day! You guys have snow?! We haven't gotten much this year. Supposed to get snow or rain or both starting tonight. I don't much care what we get...we need any kind of moisture!

KATHY...yes, still have two kids at home, well three sort of. My youngest DS joined the Army last August so he's gone. Will be back for a few weeks in a month or so then will be off (we don't know where yet-they keep changing his orders) for about 14 months. DS#1 and DD are still here. DS#1 had planned on moving out last September and then lost his job.

SUSAN...is Rocky a teacher? I think that is cool what he is doing. I used to write letters to a couple of kids that a friend sponsored (he sponsored them but really didn't have time to write all the kids he sponsored) and it is really a wake up call. These kids were so thankful for anything. I could send money to them for Christmas or their BD but there was a limit of $10. You would be amazed at what they did with that $10. The girl, Hannah usually spent it on the entire family or seed to plant a garden so the family could have food. She lived in Kenya and the boy, Wilson, lived in Ecuador.

MINDEE...what the heck was wrong with that woman? I have always gotten birth certificates through the mail. I mean come on...if you move out of state you can't drive 1500 miles to pick up a BC. When you do get it though, you might want to make sure it is a certified copy with the raised seal and all. I had the kids BC and when I had to send it to a few places they wanted a certified copy. The same when DS joined the Army. I also have extras of DH#1's death certificate. Of course when that happened I was told to get lots of extras for so many different things and I used all but 2! I need to get the kids a copy for their keeping. That was nice about the card for Logan. Glad FIL is home and doing better.

JULES...you know...I'm not even sure that the Wedding Day scented candle is retired. I am going to e-mail yankee and ask. I received a cataolg along with the candles and they still have it listed. There are some in the catalog that they have retired by and it's not one of them. But I went to the site thinking maybe I should have ordered more and they were all sold out! So not sure if it is or not. But they do have 13 new scents coming out and one of them I really liked, think it was clean linen, can't remember now.

HI to everyone else!

I've got some errands to run as soon as I get off this thing and a little bit of cleaning. Thought I would get on first and then do everything else. Going to try and get a little bit or reading done also. Was trying to read K is for Killer last night but it was boring me so put it down and went to sleep. I think I have just read too much the last week and need a break. Anyway...

Have a GREAT Thursday ladies!
Closed Thread