Old 01-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #1  

Default What would you do? Counselors and others, need help, pls.

I am doing the 5 week program to lose 10 lbs, I am 3 weeks into it. I should lose the 10 by then, but might want to do 15, so I asked tonight about buying more weeks, how much are they right now. She said I think $6, let me check.

So I hear her go up front and they are whispering and she comes back and says well with your program, it is just like a trial, you cannot purchase weeks alone, you can do a program for $249 to lose between 0 & 20 lbs and then get 6 weeks of maintenance.

I am 99% sure that was never mentioned up front when I signed up, that they said I could purchase weeks later if I wanted. I have to check my paperwork to see what is on there. I am NOT doing $249 to lose another 5 lbs plus LA lites.

Does this sound right, should I be able to just get weeks? I mean I was going to get like 5 more and also purchase bars so they would be making money.

At this rate, I might consider just doing it myself and using Pria or Luna bars, is that nuts on my part and doing myself injustice? My goal for 10 lbs is to be 137, but would like to be about 135 ish. I have been following the plan great and really besides weighing (which I just got a scale Monday), this center hasn't been providing much else. I weighed at another center twice and she had a few good tips, but that's about it.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #2  

Sorry if I wasn't clear - the program I am on now, was for 5 weeks, for 10 lbs and included the bars. So the next program they are trying to sell me is different, but I don't see why I can't just buy weeks like everyone else.

Sheila
Old 01-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

strange. I guess every center is different. Personally, armed with the info you have acquired and the support here, I totally wouldnt pay for more...you can get the lites on ebay or use the comprables people talk about. Good luck!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #4  

Thanks, that is what I was thinking, I mean $249 more for 5 lbs seems steep. Of course I could lose more, but I honestly don't think I could ever get below 135. I also have the info for the green plan if I decide I need to try that, but...like you said I can get the bars and do it.

I am really working out now so I am hoping that helps a bunch, I just started in the past week so I am hoping I notice more results soon. I was 142 at weigh tonight, so I hope it is less for Sat morning before any food!

Sheila
Old 01-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #5  
banned

Yea, I mean, Id sell you my green plan for $239- LOL!!!! Just kidding! All you would do is take off a fruit and a veg, its the same every other way....and I guess, the trick would also be stabilization and maintennance, where the food choices and amounts get gradually increased to help you stay with this lifestyle on a long term basis...thats going to be the interesting part...thats probably why the $249...a year of maintennance and 6wk stabilization, right?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #6  

No, from what they said and the paper showed, it was anywhere from 0 to 20 lbs to lose and then 6 weeks of stabilization.

What all changes during maintenance, I mean I know you add food, but what is their method for it?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #7  
banned

Dunno...havent gotten there yet, they tell me lots of other food choices are integrated.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #8  

I dont know if this is good or not but I have a copy of all the stabilizations and diets. I recieved them from a friend. If I can help any one with these let me know. Just so you know though I am still going to LAWL and I purchased the bars from a friend also.

SO let me know if it would help anyone.

Thanks Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #9  

Thanks Bernadette for the info, I will PM you. Funny thing is, I don't want to quit going to the center, so I will wait and see how the next 2 weeks play out. If anything, i am in between 2 centers, I may talk to the other one and see what they say.

I would like to just look at the stabilization to see what it is so I have an idea before I say yes or no.

Thanks again!

Sheila
Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthn
I dont know if this is good or not but I have a copy of all the stabilizations and diets. I recieved them from a friend. If I can help any one with these let me know. Just so you know though I am still going to LAWL and I purchased the bars from a friend also.

SO let me know if it would help anyone.

Thanks Bernadette

let me know if they give you freaking 3rd degree about who gave you the bars I hate that part of this program
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #11  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I would definitely not pay extra for the entire program to lose another 5 pounds! Hopefully the other center will work with you. I mean, you would think that the center would be happy to add a few weeks and some Lites rather than lose you all together. I'll ask my center tomorrow, just to see what their take is on it. It's actually kinda sad that the money is more important to them than you...just my 2 cents
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #12  

Thanks everyone! Emmysmom, I thought the same thing, I mean they are still going to get another $150 at least, but...I am going to the other center today to get some more ideas, I am kinda stalled at the moment, they have been more helpful then my normal one so I want to see what they say since I am getting close to the end.

I will update you on what they tell me, but still welcome any more info!

Sheila
Old 01-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #13  

Shelia - why don't you also check out the official LA Weightloss website and see if there's an internet special in your area? My zip is still showing 5$ weeks until, well oops, it says until 12/31/05 - interesting that it's not updated. But sometimes you can get specials on weeks.

Also check your contract as to what it says about purchasing additional weeks? They *have* to go by that.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #14  

Julie, that is what I was asking them about - their weeks are like $6 right now, so I was thinking to get 5 more and that is when they are like well you can't do that, but I know they told me upfront I could because I wanted to know what happened after the 5 weeks.

I briefly looked at my contract last night, have to reread it right now to see what it says.

Thanks!

Sheila
Old 01-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #15  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Luck Sheila.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote