Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default We are Cow-ch Potatoes

I am at least. Tomorrow .. get this ... I am going to an exercise class. I called a friend who has 11111 times the energy of me and who only eats candy and drinks coffee and asked if she knew a class. Said tomorrow and she'll go with me. Oh I am in for it.

First I called my friend I just made socks for and asked if she's busy after work.

No, not at all.

Want to eat some dinner out? I asked.

Can't do that, she said. Has to go online and order stuff for her business.

So, you are busy, I said.

No, she said.

Bye, I said.

I am not having a good day.

The college is 7 hours away.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh yes---you did tell me that---SO!!! fer lard's sake-----that is 14 hours of driving in ONE day??!!! you are not an automaton!!! what is up with THAT----and your friend does NOT deserve socks if she talks crazy like THAT!!! CRA-ZEEEEEEEEE----I Hope Kiwi is not too sick---she has gone AWOL and i am a bit concerrrned!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:10 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

Nopers. Going one day, staying in motel, tour the next morning, come home.

We should be worried about Kiwi? She was nauseous, right? Maybe ... a baby???
Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Thanks for your concern, Bagzie dear. I still feel crappy, but I'm here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
So, you are busy, I said.

No, she said.
Your friend doesn't seem to understand English.

Oh yeah, I knew about the teacher ed. However I forgot. My brain is much like a sieve, and the contents keep draining down the sink. Which reminds me, I'm making soup again. From the last coupla chicken carcasses. Smells purty good. DH's birthday is tomorrow, and I haven't been to the store to get German chocolate cake ingredients, which are a requirement for his birthday. His birthday present will probably be late. Pooh. DD probably didn't do anything for him, and I will have make her do something. It all makes me tired.

College is 7 hours away? Florida and Maine have that in common, everywhere is too far from where you are. DD went on one college visit without me -- her bf was going, along with his mom and their band teacher, who wanted to show them around because she was an alum. Didn't really matter to me, don't think DD is going there anyway. If she decides she might, I'll have to take her in April. It's probably a good thing they cancelled her French trip, because I'm sure we are going to spend spring break visiting colleges again, so that she can make up her mind. Unless the admissions offices make up her mind for her (which would not be good...) By April I'm going to be a basket case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Kiwi:

S'plain this Lucy! How could you lick a bird????? AAcK, I'm not sure I wanna know!
Heehee, you're so cute, my dear. Don't you know I am full of crap? Well, I have to admit, I do some odd things, but I really don't lick dead birds. Or live ones either. I have been known to bite my dog once in a while in retaliation.

Did I tell you folks about Jet's white hairs? Most Belgian Sheepdogs have a little bit of white on them, usually in a spot on their chest, or on some of their toes, and of course when they get older, on their muzzle. Jet has the most unusual white spots, though, and I finally figured out why: she got white hairs where the coyote trap caught her on the foot! Take a look below.

So then the other day she chewed up a Wite-Out bottle and she got more white hair -- around her mouth. Ick. She managed to get it on the rug and on DD's new slippers too. We don't think she actually swallowed very much. Yesterday she found something really swell on the floor. DH saw her chewing on something and I came in and I could see it was metal, so I went after her and had to stick my fingers down her throat to get it. Believe it or not, it was a very thin exacto knife blade! She didn't seem to have cut herself anywhere, I don't know how. This dog seems to have more lives than a cat.

We're getting that same weather, Schatzi. We had freezing rain last night and they cancelled school today; it has rained and blown like crazy all day, and more in store tonight I guess. I think it may finally be melting the ice in the yard, which would be good, but I want to see it turn to snow and put down several of inches of that. I hate ice. And ice is a guaranteed aftermath of a rainstorm around here. Never stays "warm" (you know, above freezing) long this time of year.

Better go check the leaks.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070087.jpg (42.8 KB, 19 views)
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
We should be worried about Kiwi? She was nauseous, right? Maybe ... a baby???
Are you trying to get smacked, lady?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #6  

I am around. I am round.
I had a horrible day... emotionally. Nothing broke, puked, or required vast unexpected sums of money. I am trying to expand my BUSINESS (as opposed to my butt) and apparently I have "issues." Blech. etc.
did some retail therapy late this afternoon which proved that my BUTT expanded during Couch potato months.

Will try to catch up soon... but maybe not til Friday.
Send rain and cold weather. I'm not ready for spring.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Cool

Today, for 2 1/2 hours I had a life!

Well, actually I went downtown and met a fellow blogger lady for coffee and we had a fun time and talked about everything under the sun. Some people have very amazing lives. Had two latte macchiatos so I'll be awake for the next three days in case anyone wants to chat in the middle of the night.

Bagzie! - fer lard's sake - LOL!!! You tell 'em, darlin'!

Peachy - that sounds like the type of conversation I might have with my dh. I usually end up yelling "Just answer the question, will ya!?"

Kiwi - so glad to hear that you did NOT lick a blue jay. I will eat almost anything, but have yet to mistake a bird for a popsicle. Maybe it's just the "is winter ever going to end" flu? Interesting about Jet's white spots. I wonder if trauma to the hair follicles can change the colour. Do you brush her every day? She has a such a beatiful shiny coat. And I wonder what kind of stuff dogs eat that no one ever knows about and they still survive? It always amazes me that they can roll in an ancient dead rotten fish on the beach and have nothing happen.

Painty! Awww, emotionally horrible days are the worst. We're all here if you need to rant.

And WHERE is the Wabster? Why is she not checking in every 30 minutes from the Aloha Deck's free internet café?
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

I am fascinated by the white hairs phenomenon. That's all the white hair she has and it's a life long reminder of that day? Eerie. Something you'd like to forget, I imagine. Well, if she had a human type mind and could remember such things it would be an unkind reminder.

Also fascinated that Sugar meets people because she's such an online doll!! I can't even get my local best friend to provide a little companionship while her dh is busy at one of his meetings.

Bagz is always fascinating and Painty, I second Sugar's remarks. Emotional bad days are the worst.

My neck is stiff and I'm uncomfortable. Must go shower and run hot water over it.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I am fascinated by the white hairs phenomenon. That's all the white hair she has and it's a life long reminder of that day?
I know a cat that got white hair on the tips of her ears after she got a little frostbite there. Well, I'm glad that a line of white spots on Jet's foot is the only physical reminder of that incident. Could've been worse, no doubt. I haven't had her back to that trail since. I might go back there sometime; I would hate for her to remember it though.

I made a German chocolate cake for DH for his birthday (today -- he is 49). It took me over 4 hours just to get the cake done. I couldn't believe they didn't have a mix for it in the store. I need a nap.

Hi Peachy, Painty, andi Sug. That's all I got.

Kiwi
Old 01-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

If You Don't Eat All The Cake,i Would Like A Sample.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Hurry over to Sugar's blog and look at those BEAUTIFUL PICTURES of her!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
If You Don't Eat All The Cake,i Would Like A Sample.
Hmmm, be careful what you wish for!

Sugar is so sweet. And purty.

I am still making that cake. We decided to postpone birthday cake until tonight because DD had to be out till late last night. So I'm about frost the thing now. It smells heavenly.

Kiwi

P.S. DH is out finalizing a proposal to buy into a local business. Wish us luck!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yay!!! kiwonkers and i will be business owners together!!!let's celebrate with some CAKE!!!--- Sugar--you really are gorgeous--your skin is beautiful,your eyes are beautiful----what a DOLL!!! xxoxoxoxo====by the way,the rest of you are harpys---now go look it up,cause i LOVE it.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

HARPY is a lethal UAV designed to detect, attack and destroy radar emitters
Old 01-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Silly Kiwi. She didn't mean look up HARPY. She meant look up our adorable Sugar.