Old 01-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Just bummed today?!

I know i've been posting alot of questions lately and sorry if im annoying anyone, But I like to chat And i spend WAY too much time on this computer! Im just feeling in the dumps today i know im only a week and a half into my new lifestyle but I just have this feeling today that im never going to get where i want to be?! I feel like im destined to be fat! I have this layer of fat on my lower tummy that i got after i gave birth and it's just distgusting I feel no matter how hard i work it's never going to go away! Today's just a feel sorry for me day, I really hope i can get down to 150 some year but i have a feeling that it's never ever going to happen and this is me i might as well get used to it right?
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #2  
Downsizing Dee!

Ahh, sorry you're having such a terrible day. It's quite a daunting task isn't it? I started out right about where you did and I had lots of days where I felt exactly the same as you do. It gets better as time goes on, especially when you start to feel and see the difference that you're working so hard to achieve. I still have some days when I feel like I'm never going to be able to do this but I keep right on trying. Whatever you do, don't give up! It's a long hard road but we're all in it together and WE CAN DO IT. And don't worry about asking too many questions, that's exactly what these boards are for.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #3  

thanks for your message, it's nice to hear you say those things being where i've been it makes me feel like there is hope maybe..
Old 01-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

No problem! I know it sounds cliche but changes don't happen overnight. According to your ticker, you've lost 6 pounds so far - that's a great accomplishment. Next week you'll lose a little more and then a little more. Before you know it all of those little mores will add up to a great big ole number. Each week for me it's a pound here and a pound there. Now all of those 1 and 2 pounds have added up to 60. You can do it too, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #5  

thanks so much I really needed to hear that.
I guess im just being impatient, but i know good things come to those who wait, so i will just keep at it i guess.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You will make it if you persist. Everyone has off days, but know that in the long run you can and will get to where you want to go. Read success stories, and look at the sticky above that has the list of 100 lb. losers. If they can do it, you can, too! I imagine that everyone of those people felt like you do at one time or another. I know I did.

You might consider changing your ticker so it's in 10 lb. increments so it doesn't look so daunting. Because I have about 25 to go to reach goal, and it's coming off slowly, I had to change my ticker to 5 lbs., and it was exciting to be able to change it today to indicate that I've already lost one five-pound "chunk" of weight. The weight may not come off as fast as you'd like, but if you stick with your lifestyle changes, it will drop off, and one day you'll look back at that before photo and wonder who the heck that person was.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I agree that we all have those days where it feels hopeless, especially when you have a lot to lose. What has helped me is to break it down into 5-10 pound goals. After I reach that, go for the next 5-10. Like Dee said, those start adding up to a big loss.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Are you a stay at home Mom?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #9  

yes im a stay at home mom and i find im spending way too much time on the internet thinking non stop about dieting and weight loss and feeling like i will be part of the group that never get's there! Im not sure i understand what you mean about breaking it up into 5-10 lbs increment's could you be a little more specific for this dummy please
Old 01-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sure. Dee has a ticker that says 0 to 10 lbs. So when she loses, for example, 3 lbs., her ticker will indicate 3 lbs. lost, and 7 to go. Once she loses 10 lbs., then she'll put up another 10 lbs. ticker. If you have 100 lbs. to lose, then you've broken it up into 10 10 lb. "chunks," which is often easier to look at than 100 lbs. total.

I remember how daunting it was (for me), to look at the fact that I weighed 261, and I wanted to weigh 161. And since I lose relatively slowly, it was hard thinking, okay, I've lost 2 lbs. this week, only 98 more to go. It was a lot easier to think, okay, I've lost 2 lbs. this week, only 8 more to go to lose that first "chunk" of weight.

Hopefully this makes sense!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #11  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hang in there! Boy, keeping the perspective is hard for me sometimes too. I'm currently about where you are--lost close to 40 last year. I have chosen to take probably a slower route because I can't concentrate at work if I'm HUNGRY all day. This whole month (Jan) has been the pits so far--I've kind of plateaued. I just take a lot of reassurance from reading others' experiences. Also, the most important part of this for me THIS time is that I know this is for life--so I try to take the good days with the (fewer) bad days and recognize that what it took me years to gain may take me years to lose (not that it will take you that long!). I'm 46 and when I take the REALLY long view, I figure if I can lose at least 25 pounds a year until I hit 50, well then, that's the way it will go and my quality of life goes up with each change I make.

I like the 5 or 10 pound increment suggestions you've received. The other might be to focus on 199 as your long term goal for the moment (boy, that'll be an exciting day, right?!) rather than looking too far below that. It CAN feel daunting to think about the whole thing.

Are you exercising? Only reason I ask is because the folks over there in the weightlifting forum often post some really great sites for checking out things (and like exercises you can do at home). Just more stuff you can browse during the day
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #12  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi, rysmommy. I am sorry you are bummed today. I actually went through the EXACT same feeling the other day. Like I might as well get used to it... but then I don't know what happened. I realized that time is going to pass no matter what. So what if it takes a long time? I have dieted in the past. (As you can see I have been a member for a while). I look back to about a year or so ago when I got down to about 206 and then quit, and I could just kick myself in the butt! The year went by anyway, and I could be at goal now. But I am not.

So this time there are NO excuses. If I want to eat something I may eat a little and remember that the food I love isn't going to disappear. I can have a little at a time and in moderation. I don't care if we get hit by hurricanes this year. (In 2004 that really knocked me off of track... hard to eat well when you have no elecrticity) I will plan for every single thing that may come my way, and if I just so happen to mess up, then well I will get right back on track!

Anyway, now that I have gotten OT. LOL! I see we have lots in common. From our starting weight, starting time, weight lost and goals. I am too a SAHM, and I also spend my whole day reading about weight loss online. If you want a weight loss buddy I surely volunteer.

I hope you cheer up. You have lost 6 pounds in what? 2 weeks? That is awesome... and it really adds up fast.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #13  

No don't help me find more stuff to look at on the internet! I feel my azz getting bigger as i just sit her lol..
I went ahead and did the 10 lbs increment thingy i like that idea! so then after i've reached the 10lbs I would just change it to another start of 10lbs right? Yes i am working out i work out in the morning for 20-30 minutes for some aerobics then at night i do at least 30 minutes of the treadmill with weight training for my arms on opposite days. I've found im dwelling on this whole weight loss thing way too much and it's making the real thing seem so far out of reach i need to occupy myself and get off my butt probally!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

If you're home all day, like I am very often, maybe you'd like to try this ....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73345
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #15  

I'm sorry you're having a rough day! I agree, it's so much easier to take it in small increments. If you look at the big picture it's just so overwhelming! Each pound is a pound closer to where you want to be. I know it's hard, but you're not in it alone, and spending a lot of time on this site is great! It's gotten me over a lot of rough spots and it's better than heading for the kitchen.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote