Old 01-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Question Eating at certain times?

Do you eat at a certain time of day for your meal's or do you just wing it? Im a sahm so i tend to eat when my dd does, usually first thing in the morning around 7:30 then i have a snack then lunch around noon and a snack around 2-3 pm then dinner around 5-6 BUT Here's the problem I think i eat lunch too early because im starving and tummy growls until dinner! i think a 5 hour span is way too long for me! when do you eat and how often? Are you hungry?
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I do try to eat on somewhat of a schedule. When I'm at work, it is a bit easier to follow than when I'm home on the weekends. You might try getting some protein with that afternoon snack or making it a bit larger so it will tide you over until dinner. HTH.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #3  

I also try to stick to a schedule. That's what my program recommends, and I found that eating every 3 to 4 hours in a regular pattern helped me get back in touch with my true satiety / hunger signals, as well as kept me from getting too hungry for any one meal or snack. I keep snack foods like raisins in my desk drawer, and I often carry snacky things with me if I'm going to be out and about. If I go too long without eating or try to wing it too much, I ALWAYS overeat. Always.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Like Dawnyal, I tend to eat at the same times during the week but don't stick to that schedule on the weekends. I eat breakfast at about 5:15am, a snack around 8:30, lunch at 11:45, and dinner at about 5:30. I sometimes get hungry in the afternoon between lunch and dinner, too, so I add in a snack if needed. On weekends, there's no way I'm up by 5am, so my schedule is very different
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #5  

I do tend to follow an eating schedule. I am a SAHM to so I didn't intentionally choose my schedule, it kind of chose me. For all of the reasons already mentioned by funniegrrl I find it necessary to follow a routine but also because a routine is the only way I can eat well, exercise, and keep up with housework, kids' activties, etc. I try to be flexible though because so much of my time isn't actually mine anymore. Every week brings at least one schedule change that I have to work around.

Typically, I eat breakfast around 9, a snack between 11 and 11:30, Lunch around 1, another snack around 3ish, dinner anywhere between 5-6:30, and then another snack sometime after the kids go to bed.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I sort of stick to a schedule, but not all the time. However, I do eat every 3-4 hours (never longer than 4 hours), and even every 2 sometimes in the midafternoon, which is a hard time for me. So sometimes I'll eat lunch at 3:00 pm, after having breakfast at 11:00 am and my "pre-breakfast" at 7:45 am before I work out. I don't eat late in the evenings, though, because 1) mostly I'm not hungry, and 2) I worry about heartburn.

My advice is to never let yourself get too hungry. For me, it's better to eat even if I'm not that hungry because bad things happen when my tummy starts growling!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #7  

I try to always eat on a schedule too. It's not always about being hungry for me, sometimes it's just about wanting to EAT, so if I know when I'm going to eat next and what I'm going to eat, then it's easier to stay on track.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I also eat every 2-3 hours. Meals generally at 7-1-6 with 2-3 snacks inbetween. Like other's have mentioned, if I get TOO hungry, it can be dangerous, because then the snack looks more like a meal, at least calorie-wise! I also find if I combine a little of all 3 food groups at snack time, I stay full much longer than if I just snack on carbs.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote