General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default The cat...

This is me....

This is the cat...

She just broke my beautiful crystal candy dish I've only had 2 months!!!

She's the sweetest and cuddly cat we've ever had. You can hear her purring from another room. She just rubbed past my leg...see what I mean! But she is the .

- My bedroom curtains have been ripped down 3 times.
- I fight her to stay off the counters constantly and she gets worse when I'm cooking. I keep clorox wipes nearby simply because I can't stand her up there.
- Last night I sat straight up in bed when I was awakened by the marble bookend that feel crashing down on the hardwood floor where the was strolling along the top of the bookshelf.
- The 4 year old will be eating her breakfast. I've run to her screams only to find the brazen has welcomed herself to eat my daughters breakfast.

Can you break a cat? It's almost me or the cat! If she wasn't so sweet she would have been gone long ago. I think she's out to take my place as the woman of the house!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

its love or euthinization?

I also have a cat who is a true PIMA.....At 4AM he stands on the bedroom dresser to "scrape" the wall-mounted mirror so it thumps against the wall....Then he launches himself full-speed onto my body, after all, it's time to EAT!

as a baby he clawed a new livingroom chair to shreds before i finished paying for it. He bites the dog's ears, he drinks my coffee.....

I adore him and admit who is the boss.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  

Our cat when she was a few months old, learned how to jump onto a towel that was hanging from the bedroom door, and climb up on top of the door. (I now have to find a new place for my drying towels!)

Hopefully this pic will attach correctly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dec1.jpg (13.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #4  

Default I am also owned

I am owned by the princess pictured as my avatar off to the left. I admit it. She is the boss and I am merely her humble servant. How can something so cute and cuddly and tiny be so bossy and demanding and why do we tolerate it?

I spend money I don't have on toys she won't play with. I get walked on every single night as I am just a speed bump to her on the bed. She bites and tries to tear holes in the carpet. She runs down the hall with "presents" attached to the long hair on her fluffy butt and I get to find them, unless of course she decides the best way to deal with it is to drag her rear on the carpet. I have to hire a pet sitter for her if I am gone for more than a day because I worry about her being alone.

I am owned by a cat and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #5  

The pic of the cat is perfect! That's just to darn cute!

I will add this is my daughter's cat and she does take very good care of her. And when her little 4 year old sister decides to carry the cat around like a baby the cat, aka "Sally" doesn't mind one bit. She just enjoys the attention.

I just feel like this cat is after me sometimes. Silly, I know
Old 01-18-2006, 04:02 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Can you shut cat out of the kitchen at mealtimes and when you're cooking? Or try giving her a treat outside the kitchen to keep her occupied and from banging the door down!

I'm not sure what you can do about the curtains, perhaps try some orange oil sprayed on them, cats don't like orange!

I'm not sure what you can do about walking along bookshelves, try orange peel there too

She sounds like a young-ish cat, she will grow out of it eventually!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #7  

Yeah, she's young.

I didn't know the orange scent thing. I might just try that one. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #8  
9.95 + S & H

Get another for her to play with. (That worked on my hubby when I wanted another dog )
Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #9  

a small squirt gun works well. just squirt her once(perferably not in the face) and she'll probably jump off the counter(if she doesn't like water). After a while she'll id the squirt with jumping on the counter/shelf ect and hopefully stop. It worked for mine and she didn't realize I was the one in control of the water, because she never saw me do it. Worked to keep her out of the christmas tree too. Hope the helps some, of course if your cat likes a shower I don't know what to tell ya
Old 01-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #10  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, squirt bottles are very nice, eventually you can just leave it where you want the cat to stay away from and don't even have to spray them anymore. If she's young though she's sure to grow out of it with a few boundaries. My kitty cat is quite old, though still queen of the house. It's amazing how much their behaviors can change over the years, and how easy it is for them to get on our good sides after misbehaving
Closed Thread