Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 07:11 PM   #1  

Angry Fabulous 40's #74

Hi Terri, Zoe, Jen, Dianne, JanieD, Myra & Joyce

Zoe, I must say you are one busy lady. That's so nice of you to give your coworker/friend a baby shower. I'm in the same boat with you when it comes to stress. So many times I eat without being hungry! It's awful. This week I didn't journal, I missed my meeting but I did manage to exercise a little. I totally blew it but then yesterday I hardly ate at all cause I was so busy at work. Not looking forward to weigh-in this weekend. By the way, the pizza was delicious! No regrets.

Terri, your children are very special. You must be so proud of them. Then again, their parents are special

Jen, thank God Matthew is okay! You must have been a nervous wreck He sounds like one tough kid.

Janie, can I borrow your scale?

Dianne, you cracked me up when you said to tell the office manager to go suck an egg She apologized to me yesterday. She said if she offended me in any way she didn't mean to & that she was sorry. I can't stay angry for very long. I told her I was sorry too so everything is cool. Even though the girls I'm kind of close to, told me not to trust her. I'm very forgiving. Puffy Jade sounds adorable. I miss having a baby around. I held my beauticians baby last week & she felt soooo good. She's 6 mths. old & she smiles all the time with no teeth & very chunky. I didn't want to let her go.

Joyce, congrats on your loss.

Hi Myra

Hugs,
Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 09-18-2001 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2001, 07:41 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Tomorrow I weigh in. I'm really nervous about that. Haven't exercised for a week. I have pretty much kept to my points though. I hope that is good enuf.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:55 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Evening!

Hello Ladies ~ I hope that you are all well tonight and having an OP day/week so far. I've not been very OP lately. As a matter of fact, I've been WAY, WAY bad. Tomorrow is my weigh day and I will post my honest gain. I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow (or soon). I am a stress eater and this week has given me high levels of stress which in turn has given me high levles of food.

Have a great evening.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:08 AM   #4  

Angry

Hello Ladies

Myra, good luck today. You know you've been on program & that's what counts.

Zoe, We Can Do This! Let's stay focused Girlfriend

Have a great day everybody.

Till later.
Love, Essie
Old 09-19-2001, 09:47 AM   #5  

Myra,
Don't worry. Remember this is a lifestyle now and things like this will happen. I know how you feel though. I was always afraid I would fall back into old habits. I know you won't. You are loving this too much. You will be fine. If you don't lose (You probably will) you know why. But remember it will slow down and that can be frustrating and it does not mean you aren't on program.
Good luck!

Good luck Patti,
It might not be as bad as you think. This is a new week and you will do great!

Essie,
You beat me to the new thread.
Thanks for the nice compliment
I am glad you and your office manager made up.

I took the boys to school and when I got home I poured my first cup of coffee and getting ready to read the paper and relax and I look and Bradley's art project is on the counter. At first I am like "Oh no!" Then my heart melts. I picture him crying in school and so I run it back to the school and the look on his face and the hug that goes with it is enough to make my day.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hi Joyce, Jen, Dianne and JanieD.

Terri
Old 09-19-2001, 09:48 AM   #6  

Myra,
Don't worry. Remember this is a lifestyle now and things like this will happen. I know how you feel though. I was always afraid I would fall back into old habits. I know you won't. You are loving this too much. You will be fine. If you don't lose (You probably will) you know why. But remember it will slow down and that can be frustrating and it does not mean you aren't on program.
Good luck!

Good luck Patti,
It might not be as bad as you think. This is a new week and you will do great!

Essie,
You beat me to the new thread.
Thanks for the nice compliment
I am glad you and your office manager made up.

I took the boys to school and when I got home I poured my first cup of coffee and getting ready to read the paper and relax and I look and Bradley's art project is on the counter. At first I am like "Oh no!" Then my heart melts. I picture him crying in school and so I run it back to the school and the look on his face and the hug that goes with it is enough to make my day.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hi Joyce, Jen, Dianne and JanieD.
Terri
Old 09-19-2001, 12:31 PM   #7  

Smile

Zoe,
I know how you feel regarding stress eating. I become a total chocoholic when I am stressed. The whole world has had a stressful week. We should be thankful that we live in a country where there is enough food that we can have occasional binges. So many places there isn't enough. The important thing is to make it occasional and not let it rule your life.

Everyone,
Well, assuming that I corrected the scale properly, I lost 1# this week . Steve has been so attentive lately, he says " I look so good he can't keep his hands off me". That is so nice, it makes it all worth while

Myra,
Good luck in your WI tonight. I am sure that you did great!

-JanieD
Old 09-19-2001, 12:54 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

That is one of the best fringe benefits of losing weight. LOL! Ken acts the same way.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:08 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Terri, your little guy must have been so happy to see you! He knows he can always count on Mom, and that's the way it should be.

Janie, good loss! Very nice of your husband to boost your ego that way.

Zoe, you haven't been alone this past week in your eating.

At today's weigh in I showed a gain of 2.25 pounds. I'm so disgusted. I spend so much effort on some days staying OP all day, then on others I do exactly the opposite.

BUT it's behind me now, I have to start fresh.

Hi to Dianne, Essie, Joyce, Myra

hang in there!
~Jen
Old 09-19-2001, 05:54 PM   #10  

Hello Buddies,

Terri, I thought of you when I started the new thread I know how you feel about 2 pages. Bradley knows Mom will always be there

Janie, here's a high five for your loss!

Jen, it's been hard for all of us. Even at my job, the few that are following different diets didn't do well at all this week. I don't even want to get on the scale this week but I know I have to. I'll weigh-in Saturday.

Have a good evening everybody

Essie
Old 09-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends

Ok, here is the bad news.....I spent the last 5 weeks staying so OP that I was so proud of myself. Out of all the weight I have lost (and gained back......), I lost 16 of it in these last 5 weeks. In the last week, with the same stress as all of you and the rest of America and with my mom and step dad visiting, and me not being in my regular routine of work, I have gained 5 jpounds!! Can you believe that?? FIVE POUNDS!! 5 ~ 5 ~ 5!!!! I usually lose fast but I gain fast too. The good thing is that when I gain like this, I usually lose that pretty fast and get back where I was in only a few days.......so I have confessed and am now going to sign up/on for etools on the WW website. I am ready to get back on track.....(as I sit here eating popcorn chicken from KFC.....bad Zoe, bad.....) I am ready for tomorrow to be a new day, a new week.......thanks for all your pep talks. I love you's guys.

Here's to light foods and low fats.........and light popcorn.....bye for now......

Last edited by Zoe; 09-19-2001 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:10 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

I don't know what to say about my weigh in. I knew it wouldn't be great as I didn't exercise all week, but according to my home scale I stayed the same or lost a half a pound. But at my meeting the scale said I gained 1.4 lbs. I am convinced it is because they got a new scale. Everyone's WI was lousy. I never saw such a room of long faces. But maybe I am just making excuses. I don't know. One thing was the WW scale was always about 2 lbs. lighter than my home scale. Now they are registering the identical weight. Well, in any case I am trying not to get too bummed. Today I went back to exercising at the gym and I plan to try to stay to the low end or middle of my range. I want a loss next week.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:29 PM   #13  

Hello my buddies

Jen - Goodness! Matthew does sound like Evil Knievel, jr. You and your daughter must have each had a heart attack! I'm glad he's okay, though.

Essie - Glad your manager apologized BEFORE you had to tell her to go suck an egg

Zoe -- Have fun at the baby shower and don't worry about those 5 lbs. -- the way you've been losing, you'll take it off in no time. I didn't receive the e-mail about the site yet. Maybe I gave you wrong e-mail address: [email protected]. Thanks!

Myra -- Girl, you've been doing such a great job, I'm sure you'll show a loss next WI. I remember that happening sometimes, where you struggle but the loss doesn't show up until the following week. Our bodies are strange like that

Janie - Good going girl -- it's nice when hubby notices, isn't it?

Terri -- I bet your son was reaaaaaaallllllllly happy to see you back at school with his project in hand -- good mommy!

Well gotta go take my shower - seems like a really cool night tonite, will be good sleeping weather Hope to talk to you all soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-20-2001, 10:45 AM   #14  

JanieD,
That is so great about Steve. I'll BET you are lovin' it.
GREAT LOSS!!!!!!!

You too Myra! Ken is lucky too. Lots of lovin' here.
Bruce is the same way.
You will get that little gain off next week. You have done so well in the past. Don't let it upset you. You have developed good habits and if you get right back into it (Which I know you will) it will come off plus next week.

Jen,
Thanks. Bradley was sooooo happy.
Hang in there. Our bodies do foolish things. Forgive it and push on. Great attitude.

Essie,
Thanks for thinking of me.
Bradley was so happy. That was a success right there.
Good luck with weigh-in.

Patti,
That is wonderful that you are recommiting tomorrow. You will have that 5 pounds off fast. Show that 5 pounds who is boss.
Those pounds are looking at you like this:
Next week you will be at those pounds as they run off crying. Good luck. You had a nice visit and with the country in turmoil it was hard sticking to this.
I was on e-tools for 3 months and now I switched to ww on-line which is basically the same thing. I love the info and help it gives me. Good luck!

Dianne,
Thanks. he was ecstatic. Remember when it didn't take much at all to make our day.

Terri
Old 09-20-2001, 05:40 PM   #15  

Hi Girls,

Myra, I know how frustrating it is when you see a gain. You'll show a loss next week, I'm sure.

Zoe, I went to the website & I find it confusing. I'll have to check it out again. Maybe it's me

Dianne, yesterday was nice & cool but today it's too humid. I am so glad Fall is here.

Saturday my family is getting together. We're celebrating my sister's birthday which was on the 14th. She wants to go to the Olive Garden. It's an italian restaurant. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to it.

There's a new attorney at my job who is very tall & very skinny. I just found out today that lost 30 lbs. following WW. You would never think she was 30 lbs. heavier! I must talk to her on Monday. Anytime I hear about someone who has been successful I like to hear what they have to say.

Well, I guess that'll be all for now.

Till tomorrow
Closed Thread