Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#808

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #2  

Hello All,

Oh my goodness, I am gone just a couple of days and I have missed so much. There were over 30 posts, way too many to catch up on individually sorry. So for those of you who lost weight for those that are unwell, I hope you feel better soon, for those who showed concern for me being AWOL, thank you, and to everybody else a big hello. It's good to be back.

I wasn't ill, just as somebody suggested, exhausted. I think it's linked to my depression because I honestly could sleep 24 hours a day sometimes. I am feeling much brighter today, I still slept, but not for as many hours as I have been.

I was back on track totally yesterday, I even exercised to my new Rosemary Conley Salasize DVD. I watched it first, and I thought, oh wow, piece of cake. I underestimated how unfit I am. I was puffing and panting and sweating like I had run a marathon after just 5 minutes of the slow routine!! It was quite an eye opener. I dieted all day, but then a moment of weakness spoilt it in the evening. We had to take Beth to see her ENT consultant. He is based in a hospital half an hour's train trip from here. Not far from there there is a shopping complex which has a Pizza Hut and a cinema amongst other shops etc. Hubby suggested as a treat and a nice change we should go with the kids for a pizza and to see a film, and I said yes. Honestly I know my diet needed me to say no, but our family life needed me to say yes. It's so long since we did something fun like that. So it was worth breaking the diet for. I am back on track today. I didn't exercise because I am doing the DVD every other day. But, I have eaten in my points and I have no intention of eating what I shouldn't tonight.

One thing I wrote in an email which I thought was quite profound for me lol, and that is I am going to stop thinking of what my tummy wants and start thinking of my life instead and being able to live it to the full.

Tomorrow I get to go order my new bed. It was worth the humiliation of putting in the claim to be able to get a nice new bed. I also have to see the nurse about one of my surgical wounds, but I am sure I will have time to pop on here to try to keep up with everybody's news. Take care all, and happy weigh ins this week.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #3  

Ammi, I can COMPLETELY relate to the stresses family life puts on our diets/lifestyles!

Yesterday I told my hubby that he would have to take the boys to Chronicles of Narnia alone, b/c I knew I couldn't handle being at the theater with its candy and popcorn...there's no way I would have turned it down. They didn't end up going, and I later I thought that was just stupid...why would I miss out on doing something together...so I am going to go with them and just bring some soy chips and diet dr. pepper or something.

It seems like I'm having a hard time with temptation in general lately. In fact, I just made pepperoni pizza for the boys for dinner and that was hard for me today...I'm on here posting b/c I want to go eat their leftovers, instead of waiting for DH to get home so I can eat my "good" pizza. We normally eat together, but DH is working late tonight.

BTW, if anyone is a pizza lover, I found a frozen pizza that is pretty good...only 230 calories for one-third of a large frozen pizza. It's Palermo's Ultimate Thin Marghreta (tomato, basil and garlic) Pizza.

Glad your bed claim is going through, even though it was somewhat awkward.

Hope everyone had a good day!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I got my hair done yesterday. Couldn't post then as we have had the Internet out for a while.

I've posted a pic of my new hair do. After 2 and a half hours at the hairdresser I think I am happy with the results. I look a little scruffy in the pic as it was windy outside and I couldn't see in the sun, but I think you can see the colour pretty well, which is the part I really like about the new 'do' this time. I should try to get a new pic today after I have styled it. I didn't get the hairdresser to do much with it yesterday as I knew I wanted to do it today before we go to the airport to pick up my father-in-law and his wife.

I'm just off to get some last minute cleaning done, then I'll come back and catch up on things.

Take care all,

Zelma
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zelma001_RJ.JPG (45.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #5  

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your reply. I welcomed you on your other post, but again I want to say to you here as well.

Temptation is really the hardest part of dieting isn't it especially when you have a family to cook for. You did the right thing coming on here to write rather than eating the boys left over pizza. Well done on not giving in to temptation.

As for going to the cinema with your family, I think it's an excellent idea for you to go along and take your own snacks and drink, much cheaper too. I would love for any one cinema to complain about people taking low fat snacks rather than buying the food they supply. I mean come on, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, not exactly conducive to a dieter!! If I had known we were going yesterday I would have taken some mini rice cakes and a diet soda. As it was I didn't really need anything to eat after stuffing my face at the pizza hut lol.

That tip for the low cal pizza was nice of you to share. I can't get it over here. But having said that, my therapist is a nutritionist too and she says the best way to have a low fat pizza is to make one yourself. You buy the base and then you can work out exactly what points or calories you use and there will be no hidden additives. I have yet to try that, but I will do it one day when I am really fancying a pizza again but am determined to stick to my diet.

Good luck with keeping away from the tempting food until hubby gets home. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #6  

Hi Zelma,

Wow I love the new hairstyle and colour. It really suits you and you look even younger than in the other photo you have put on the site for us to see. The happiness just shines from you. You really show just how worth it is to stay strong on a diet and get to a weight where you can live life to the full. I am so glad you joined this site, you really are an inspiration.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi - I'm so glad to see you back! Temptation is a hard thing, to deal with, but it sounds like it was something you don't regret...so I wouldn't worry about it. You strayed, but you admit it, and that's sometimes the hardest thing to do. But I admire your determination to get up the next day, and TRY AGAIN. Working out takes a lot of willpower, and I know I'm not doing as much as I should be. Hopefully once the weather improves, it will be easier to just be able to go out walking or something, instead of being cooped up in the house! I'm so glad you are able to get your new bed! It will definately be worth all the of the trouble/embaressment that first night you sleep in it! I don't know if I asked you or not, but are you on any meds for the depression? I hate to hear that you feel so rotten. You are such a beautiful person, and it's sad that you have to feel so terribly.

ARQM - Movie theaters are difficult. I don't have as much problems with the candy (as candy makes my teeth hurt), as I do with the popcorn. I love love love movie theater popcorn, all buttery and whatnot. Luckily, it's so expensive that I can't afford it! I always sneak a diet dr. pepper or a diet a&w root beer in with me. I found that drinking diet pop tricks my body into thinking that it's having sugar. I'm going to cut down on my pop drinking once I lose about 40 more pounds. : I'm glad you are going to go out with your family. It's so important. Have fun! And bravo for coming in here instead of eating that pizza! You'll be so glad you didn't later on!

Last edited by kayleystar; 01-17-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #8  

Oooooh! I'll have to catch up on the other posts when I get out of the bath!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #9  

Hi Kayley,

Lovely to hear from you, you post is so pretty with all the emoticons Oh yes I am looking forward to sleeping on my lovely new bed, we have only had the one we have now for 10 months, but I have learned that memory foam matresses aren't what they are cracked up to be. So a nice new orthopedic one will be here in hopefully a month or less. I am looking forward to putting a deposit on it tomorrow.

Thank you for your kind words and your concern about me, yes I am on medication for my depression. I would say that it does nothing for me, but if I miss it for a couple of days I end up having a filthy mood and cry all the time. So obviously it does something for me. I also see the therapist every one or two weeks. I think the main cause of my depression is my unhealing wounds which effect everything including my sex life. Hubby and I are born again virgins, it's dreadful. I also need to get all this weight off as it's as debilitating in as many ways nearly as my wounds. I thing when both those things are sorted I will have gone a long way to losing my depression and hopefully will be able to ween off the medication.

You were saying to Anne about how you drink a lot of diet pop, did you know, according to my therapist, diet pop is far worse on your system than the regular stuff. Yes there are more cals etc in the regular, but the sacharine that is in most low cal pop is really bad for us. I am amazed about all the stuff she has taught me. I don't drink much pop, but when I do now, I opt for the regular stuff and just add it to my WW points. Good luck anyway on cutting down on how much you drink once you have lost about 40 lbs more. Oh and one other thing, did you know that the caffeine in cola, diet or regular, hinders weight loss. Not just in pop, but coffee and tea as well. So do try to watch your caffeine intake as well.

Ok time for me to get to bed now before I never turn this pc off. Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #10  
Butterflyns_71

Hiya Chickies

I am back from my day trip to the city and my friend and I both got our tattoo's. I only got a small one and her's was huge that took over 2 hours...Ouch! I included a pic of mine....It is the scorpio sign in the zodiac. I am pleased with it and it didn't hurt too bad so that's even better.

P.S.
Zelma.....I LOVE the highlights in your hair....VERY NICE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tattoo.JPG (28.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg tattoo2.JPG (25.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #11  

Zelma - Your hair looks fabulous! You look so great, you must be so proud of yourself!

Ammi - I'll have to remember that about the memory foam beds. Andrew's convinced that we are going to get one when we get a place together. I'm a fan of my air bed, but I doubt I could get him to agree! MEN! So aggravating sometimes, , but you gotta love em, too! I get all those types of feelings, as well. I cry for no reason at all , and get sad over absolutely nothing. I hate feeling this way, and I know it aggravates Andrew a lot. But until I get insurance, I have to stay this way. Andrew always tells me that I'm beautiful, and that his opinion is the only one that should matter, but I just hate how I am so much, it just doesn't seem possible. Every once in a while, I'll get a bout of self-esteem, but it doesn't last for more than a day. And usually when we are intimate, I demand the lights off...I wish so much that I didn't have to...but I can't help it. I had heard that diet was worse for you than regular, but low-carb dieting doesn't allow anything but diet, unfortunately. Bleh.

Butterflyns - Oooooh! Your tattoo looks nice! I'm too much of a chicken to get one, done!

It seems that ever since I started this diet, my Mom has been cooking so many goodies! She made chocolate chip cookies, and also peanut butter chocolate chip today. Talk about hard! I almost had one , but then I knew I would feel so guilty, so I put them down. I think there was more I wanted to say, but like usual, I have forgotten!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #12  
banned

Zelma, I can't help but love your new hair! Isn't red great? I did mine a lighter auburn back in May '05 and loved it ever since; it is softer than the natural dark brown/gray I have...and I feel about 30 with this current look! LOL.

Butterflyns-Anyone who gets a tattoo, I commend them for being so brave! I am a chicken liver myself or I'd get a tiny one somewhere. Maybe I will get up the guts someday to get one. Yours looks great, by the way!

Great day today; I have dropped a little over 60 pounds total and my BMI has dropped a little below 50. Talk about some good motivation to keep going on this thing!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:14 PM   #13  

LAnneCarrington - Fantastic! Keep up the super work! :
Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #14  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS72
Sharon - *blush* aww shucks thanks. The original template is by Artie at Subliminal Confusion (Link is at the bottom of my blog) But I basically ripped it appart and redid it the way I wanted it and added my own graphics lol I used to write the codes myself but have gotten lazy and not much willing to do the dirty work anymore lol.

I still bow before thee!!! I got your email about my blog as well. Thanks! You are a sweetheart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiepurple
My 9 yr old neice was up and yelled at me "AUNT SHARI, what happened to your butt?" " Its way small now." Oh those babies, they can boost a girl big time . I don't see it but my 15 yr old son said the same thing and he said " mom, you used to be hard all over, now your getting all squishy. You breaking all the fat up in small peices."

Weigh to go Aunt Shari!!! My 4 year old niece just reminded me how big my "big poopy butt" still was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARQM
I'm sure you've all shared this many times, but what types of plans are you all following?

Anne, I am counting calories based on a scientific formula that takes into consideration your current weight, height, and age. Every 15lbs or so, I recalculate. If you add aerobic exercise into the mix, obviously your cals can go up accordingly and that is factored in as well. I allow myself what I call a Fat Day every week. I know some people have contrary feelings about that, but my weight has an emotional/psychological feature to it that I cannot ignore. This works for me and it keeps me on task the other days of the week. I am noticing that I don't require as much "freedom" on my Fat Day as I used to however. It works for me. I'm sticking with it. I think the BFL program discusses this concept as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi
One thing I wrote in an email which I thought was quite profound for me lol, and that is I am going to stop thinking of what my tummy wants and start thinking of my life instead and being able to live it to the full.

That is a good way to look at things Ammi. I am happy to see you are getting a new bed out of that ordeal. I am also glad to see you feeling a bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedAus
I've posted a pic of my new hair do.

Love the new do Zelma! And what an awesome job on the weight loss for you my dear!!!!! I'd like to ask you a personal question, if I may? Please feel free to answer through PM if you would prefer. How is your skin after losing all that weight? I have a very long way to go, but I am already seeing areas that will be problems for me. The thought of losing a great deal of weight only to still feel ashamed of my body is not exciting to me. Although, I do have plenty of time to get used to that idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyns
I am back from my day trip to the city and my friend and I both got our tattoo's. I only got a small one and her's was huge that took over 2 hours...Ouch! I included a pic of mine....It is the scorpio sign in the zodiac. I am pleased with it and it didn't hurt too bad so that's even better.

Nice Tat chica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnneC
Great day today; I have dropped a little over 60 pounds total and my BMI has dropped a little below 50. Talk about some good motivation to keep going on this thing!

CONGRATULATIONS DARLIN!!!!!! I started out with a BMI of 63.2 and I have just gotten down to 48.2. Getting past that 50 hump was a big deal! Good for you!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:28 AM   #15  

Good Morning All,

Just having a quick check in while I wait for Cal to leave for school so that I can go downstairs and do my exercise. Ooh aren't I good lol, I could be convincing myself to get 10 more minutes of sleep lol.

Butterflyns - great tattoo, I am glad it wasn't too painful. My hubby has 3 of them, one goes right over his shoulder blade, it's a big colourful dragon. He said it was so painful after the first 2 HOURS that he nearly passed out!!! Thing is he can't even see it as it's on his back, and he rarely goes out without a top. So all that pain for what?

Glad to hear you had such a nice day out with your friend too.

Kayley - I think one of the reasons that the memory foam mattress wasn't all it's cracked up to be is because it wasn't 100% memory foam. It was a normal sprung matress with like a memory foam top. It was comfortable, is comfortable, but you know when you want to flip a mattress over because you start to leave indents in the thing, well you can't do that with this mattress. Well you could, but then you wouldn't be lying on the memory foam which defeats the purpose of having it. Another problem I have heard a lot of people have, with both the foam topped and the 100% memory foam mattresses is that it's very difficult to turn over or get off the thing That might not be so bad for a slim person, but I for one really struggle to turn over at night. So yep, although they sound wonderful, I won't have another one. I am glad I got to give it a go though.

I am so sorry that you could possibly be suffering from depression and yet can't see a doctor about it yet. That must be so frustrating. Self esteem issues I think effect how a lot of us feel, and I am hoping that as you lose more weight you will start feeling much better about yourself. Sometimes just being in control of your life makes all the difference, knowing you are on the right track instead of carrying on over eating and getting bigger and bigger. If you ever want to email me about things just send me a PM and I will give you my email address. Or perhaps we can have a chat on Yahoo, I have added you to my messenger. Sometimes just talking about it all with somebody who knows what you are going through really helps.

Finally I have to say to you for resisting your mum's home baked cookies. Do you find that when you try to diet your family and friends tend to want to eat out more, or make nice meals, treats etc? My ex MIL was terrible for that. As soon as I would mention a diet she would invite me over for a really fattening meal, or will have bought me some chocolates etc. I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but the word sabotage comes to mind. You are so brilliant being able to turn down your mum's baking, you should be proud of yourself.

LAnne - 60 lbs lost that is fantastic I love reading from people like yourself who are doing so well with their diets. It gives me hope that I am going to manage it too. Just got to keep strong!!

Sharon (neurotica) - lovely to hear from you and I just have to say that I keep seeing those lbs coming off you on your Yahoo status and I am thrilled for you. You are doing so brilliantly good on you!!

Sharon (voodoo) - am hoping to catch you for a chat today, if not though I did send you a nice long email last night. I hope you got it safely.

Jill - hope your weekend at your sisters went well.

Valerie - missing your posts, hope you are managing to stay on track while on the road. I bet you are.

Wyllen - I sent you an email last night as well, it's a biggy, but don't panic about writing back quickly lol, it's just nice to keep in touch.

Lori - any news yet on those liver test results. I hope it's not bad news. Take care and try to keep positive

Ok well Cal has gone now, so time to go WORK OUT lol. See you all later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread