Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Challenge ... a nearly perfect day

I'm home alone today and it's freezing rain here today. I have nothing special planned. So I'm going to try for a nearly perfect day.
I find that if I have one really good day, I seem to be bolstered and willing to try to repeat it. Too often, I look back on my day from the next day and think ... hmmm, I could have done that better.
Today, I'm going to start at the beginning and plan my way through.
Anyone game?

Here's my plan .... between 1200 and 1300 cals
40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats.
45 minutes cardio
45 minutes weights ... legs for me

Are you game? What's your plan?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well my day's almost wrapping up and it's been almost perfect so far!

120g or more protein
25-30% fat, rest carbos

do kickboxing class with vigour,

don't fall asleep on motorbike!

So far I've managed clean eating (just 1 piece of wholegrain bread which was YUMMY) and a mini creme egg (that's the almost... but for 50cals I'm NOT going to worry! )

I have a bag of Doritos on my desk that are taunting me with the cool blue packaging. However I am not giving in! I did buy them in a moment of weakness, but it turns out I just needed the short walk to the shop to perk me up, not a bag full of processed corn!

I'll report back tomorrow to see if I manage my "almost perfect" day! Good luck Susan!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #3  

Hey, 2frus! Sounds like an awesome day. But I can't eat just one creme egg!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

More than one creme egg! I think I'd be sick! Actually, scrap that, I remember eating 6 in a day, but that was a LONG time ago! **** and it was only a mini one today... and it was the last one in the packet, so I guess I might've eaten more than one if I'd had any!

Good luck with your perfect day
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Well, I accomplished something today already! It's horrible rain here too today and I didn't fancy the soup I brought for lunch so I ordered out for salad. When ordering, I didn't order the usual sweet tea and potato chips or the blue cheese dressing, instead I opted for fat free Italian.

That might not sound too grand but it took an awful lot of willpower to not order my usual dressing or the extra order of shredded cheese and bacon bits I used to get with my salad. I simply bit my tongue and reminded myself that I need to think healthy aswell as eat healthy.

My day will be "perfect" if I manage to get through the gym and a healthy meal at home tonight. I've got low fat chilli in the fridge, I'm going to have that with some steamed green beans.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #6  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Is there a nearly perfect day?????? I always mess it up some how.

Like now I had my toast for breakfast and drink my milk...had my special K bar for my snack at 9...Now I sit here eating the best Subway has to offer..a bacon chicken ranch.....I have it on wheat bread and I only have the 6' so thats ok but I know the ranch dressing is so wrong.....I am also tring so hard to talk myself out of todays walk....I know I will go but I dont want to...

If you find a way to have the perfect day let me know

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  
Running Wild

Well every day I try to stay about 1200 calories. So far so good. And today is scheduled for a 4mile pace run...with 1 mile walking at the end.

Breakfast was: 3/4 cup oatmeal and i sprinkled cinnamon in there along with Sweet and Low; 1 banana

Snack was: handful (small handful) of mix nuts

Lunch is (now eating it): piece of baked chicken, probably about 2.5 oz, maybe 3; whole wheat penne pasta with some salmon in there, along with cherry tomatoes and some spinach

I have an apple for a snack, but the lady on this floor that fills the snack jars put out peanut m&ms today...STEP AWAY FROM THE PEANUT M&M's...

for dinner (made last night), I made my favorite dish ever! the spinach/mushroom/chicken enchiladas (from the 3chicks recipes)...i have been making these for about 1.5 years now and ALL my friends have the recipe now...i need to get the nutritional info and put it into fitday...
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #8  

Follow along Leigh, we're doing good so far. Right Lynne?
I rowed for 50 minutes
I'm going to have no fat cottage cheese, veggies and a salad for lunch.
Then I'm going to do legs.
I'll update my fitday after Cold Case Files

Oh I missed you Junebug. Sounds good. Wish I had some cherry tomatoes mmmm.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #9  
Running Wild

I got this fabulous recipe off of a running board that i just recently joined. its a great carb/protein recipe and i made it on saturday so i could carb/protein up for the race on sunday. it called for the cherry tomatoes and i was VERY happy about that! i love them too!!

i cant stop thinking about those m&m's...i know for 10 of them its 100 calories....
Old 01-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #10  
Running Wild

well i found the info and put it into fitday. if i eat everything just as it is on there right now, i will finish the day at 1090 cal 51% carbs; 26% protein and 23% fat (but low on the bad fat!)....i have a feeling though i might give in to either those m&m's or can i possibly make it till after dinner for a healthy choice fudgcicle???
Old 01-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #11  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

We're doing great I'll update next probably this evening after American Idol, my biggest guilty pleasure is back tonight yay!

JustJuneBug, in your last post you mentioned fudgesicles, I forgot I had some low fat ones in my fridge so might treat myself to one tonight.

Leigh, I try to make every day go as much to my "plan" as I can, the more I stick to it the more perfect it is for me.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #12  
Working on Hot!

Well I did it...just got back from my walk...it was a real workout today we had to walk against the wind. Boy are my bunns burnin now...lol I will have my other snack bar in a few and will eat only one hambuger with whole wheat bread tonight for supper.. I do my fit day every night I get my total for the day and plan my next day. I keep a note book with me at all time to jot down how much water and food I eat that way I cant forget anything...
Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #13  
Running Wild

Its really windy here too, but I am running in the gym tonight. And those healthy choice ones are da bomb Also last time I was at the grocer I picked up the Dreyers fruit/yogurty ones, they are light, and oh so delish!

i was just reading my Shape mag for the month and there in front of my eyes it says: 15-20% from lean proteins, 55-60% from (good carbs) and 20-30% fat (good fat)....so having seen this here and in the magazine, I feel good about my choices of late and that i AM doing the right thing afterall!!!!!!!!!

Lynne i love AI as well, but not in the beginning when its all audition stuff! i would prob watch tonight but I have so much Tivo to catch up on!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I WAS doing perfectly--then my co-worker gave me a thank you "gift" that included a little box of Whitman's chocolates It only has 4 chocolates, and I ate them all, so 220 unanticipated calories. I skipped the pineapple I had packed to help compensate, though, so I think I'll still be able to stay below 1800 for the day 30% fat, 31% protein, and 39% carbs--got in at least 9 servings of water just during office hours, so plenty of water, too

The food is my biggest challenge right now. Once I've got that under control, I will work on exercise.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #15  
Working on Hot!

Please! Please! dont say Whitman"s in front of me I beggggggggg you!!!

Ok now thats over whats the best way to get more Protein...What do I eat?

Leigh