Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #1  

Exclamation Scarsdale Diet :) Support :)

Hey everyone,

I started the scarsdale diet on monday and so far so good. I started this diet because this year I have put alot of weight on.I started to walk passed mirrors and as taking a glance I saw a fat person looking back at me. I was not happy! so I decided to do something about it.

Has anyone done this diet before??any info on how you felt?

Lizzie
betty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I hadn't heard of the Scarsdale Diet before, so I Googled it (I SO love that Google has become a verb). Upon searching for "scarsdale diet," I found many more negative discussions than positive. If you've got, as you say, "a lot of weight" to lose, do you know that you're not supposed to stay on this plan for more than 7-14 days? Also, weight loss of 1 pound a day is often promised, which is completely unrealistic unless you're currently retaining 14 pounds of excess fluid that you might lose by increasing your water intake It also has nearly NO carbohydrates (aside from the grapefruit and what little is in veggies or ketchup), which means you'll be lacking vital nutrients your body NEEDS.

Having been on plenty of horrible fad diets myself, my suggestion is: get off it! You have to learn to eat NORMAL foods every day for the rest of your life, not crash diet on a super-strict plan for a few weeks, then gain all the weight back when you start eating normal food again and have to do it all over again!

If you've gained weight, there must be a reason. Are you eating primarily processed or sugary foods? Are you eating much larger portions than you should? Are you eating out of boredom or other emotions?

Eat less and move more. That's the best "diet" you'll ever find. You don't necessarily have to eat less variety or less of the foods you love, but too much of anything can be bad, so portions and control are key. You also don't have to join a gym or orkout for hours on end--instead of watching tv, go for a 30-minute walk. ANYTHING is better than nothing.

But practically starving yourself on an overly-strict plan will only get you 2 things: hungry and undernourished
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote