Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit Chat - #12 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #2  
CJ

OK - remember to go back and check out the last posts on #11 - and let's have a really great week!

Love, CJ
Old 01-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  
Carol

Here I am again. Still not doing any kind of plan, but I am sure I have lost something. Being sick will do that to you. :-)

Sherry: CONGRATULATIONS on your loss. You go girl!!!

CJ: Hopefully I will kick this cold soon and get back in the proper mind perspective for a new WOL....

Take care ladies.. Have some FUN today!!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #4  

I SEE ALL IS WELL OF COURSE I AM STILL STRUGGLING TO KEEP TO ANYTHING I HAVE BEEN SICK YET AGAIN THIS TIME WITH THE FLU. IM FEELING SOME BETTER I DIDNT EAT FOR 2 DAYS HOPEFULLY IT WILL SHOW ON THE SCALE LOL. ANYWAYS I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MY COUSIN OF A NEW YEARS POEM I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU. HERE IT GOES:

‘Twas the month AFTER Christmas.... and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd did taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely reared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I never said, 'No thank you, please.'
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---
I said to myself, as I only can,
You can't spend all winter disguised as a man!

So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick;
I'll have to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

I KNOW IT IS LONG BUT SO CUTE AND TRUE. ANYWAYS HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER HEARD OF THE CANDID DIET? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO IT BECAUSE I BELIEVE MY BODY IS PRODUCING WAY TO MUCH YEAST. IT SEEMS TO BE A LOW CARB OR A BAD CARB. IF ANYONE IS OR HAS TRIED THIS LET ME KNOW THANKS AND EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY...
Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Cool Finally a real post!

Hi everyone,
So glad to be back here, have missed each and everyone of you's so much.
I have just been so busy with the holidays, the kids coming for New Years, had a great New Years Eve party with the Air Force kids and everyone else. But didn't do too bad for the holidays. Just had a .4 pound gain when I went to my WW class last week. This week I stayed the same, so still down 33 pounds and will work at getting the rest of it off and do all the things right that I need to. Went on a quick trip to Akron, Ohio this weekend to visit a friend of mine, who has had a stroke. She used to be my sister in law, we recently reconnected and there are 4 sisters and 2 brothers of my ex and when the youngest called me I just knew I had to go to see her. We go back over 30 years. It felt bad to see her all connected on a ventilator, but I just got a call today and they are taking her off the ventilator and we all feel that with a lot of therapy and much love from her family, she will make it. It sure makes you think about life and it being too short.

Cj-Gosh must be nice to take a dip in the hot tub when the snow is falling. How romantic is that? Wish I was there with you and Dick, Ken and I would love it and here we woudl be with our buttershots in the hotub. LOL

Sherry-So glad you have come back to us. I really have missed you and treasure your friendship as well. Got your email and will send you, thank you and will send you one back soon. You are doing a great job with your program so far.

DebbieA-So glad you have decided to join up with us. But for some reason I thought you had posted with us before. But am I losing it? I know you are a great friend of Sherry's and work with her at school too. You will be a wonderful asset to our group.

Brandy-Thanks for the cute New Year poem. It really does hit the nail on the head concerning what we all ate during the holidays. Hope you beat this darn flu soon.

carol101-Hey I see we have another Carol here, but we can call you Carol cause the other Carol is CJ. Any friend of Sherry and DebbieA are a friend of ours. Sorry you have been sick as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Mel-Are you having fun in sunny Arizona? Don't think of us poor souls stuck like me in Indiana in all this snow and cold. No just have fun and post when you get back and let us know how it went. Did you go to visit family? Or just for some fun in the sun? You are so lucky to be there!

Stacie-That Prosciutto ham sounds great. You know I am 100 % Italian and used to eat that all the time. It sounds so good the recipe you made with it.

Dee-It is good that you are losing slowly. That way it will stay on you, slow and steady is the way to go. Keep up the great work.

Tracey-Good job on losing the 5 pounds. You are really doing great so far and it is only January. Just think where you will be by next January.

Where is the rest of the group? Hey Sylvia-You doing ok? How is Nico? Peggy-How have you been doing? and Jello/Jo-Last time we heard from you Jo, you got back from your trip with Rich. How did youk biopsy go? Please post and let us know how you are doing. Also janicej, KimV, Synger, Dreamer, and Allison.

Well everyone have a wonderful rest of the week and let's all try really hard this weekend as well. WE CAN DO THIS! We have the whole rest of the year to do this.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Old 01-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #6  

Hello

Just a quick post before bed to say hi

Sharon...Good to hear from you!! I'll be saying prayers for your friend that had the stroke. Bless her heart! :hugs:

Carol...How do you feel?

Hi CJ!! Did you stay OP today!!???

Hello to everyone else...got to post my foods for today then off to bed.

Goodnight !!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:57 AM   #7  

Just popping in for a quick hello before I go to bed. I hope you all had great holidays. I'm hanging in there. I joined WW two days before Christmas and have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Not bad. I sure hope this is the year for me to lose weight.

Nico has finally gotten over his colds ( he had three all stringed together). And is back to being the energetic little boy that I love.

CJ and Sharon- Thank you so much for the Christmas cards. You ladies mean a lot to me.

Peggy- I hope you are doing well. I think about you all the time and wonder if you are ok.

Sherry- Hey woman! It's been a long time since I've seen you post here. Do you still work the Titan games during football season?

A big hello to all the newbies. This place is hopping like the old days.

I promise to spend more time online and catch up with all of you lovely ladies.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #8  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi again!

Wow Sylvia, how wonderful that you have lost that amount in only 3 weeks, what a picker up for you. You must be following the WW plan to the letter, doing all the right things too. I am so glad that Nico is back to his energetic little self. We love to have a break from them when they are so full of energy, but not at the cost of their being sick.

Sherry-Thanks for the well wishes for my friend. Thanks for the well wishes for my friend. When something like that happens, it really makes you think about what is important in ones life. Hopefully now I can get in the grove and post more often so my posts might be shorter, but more often.

See you later, Love, Sharon
Old 01-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #9  
CJ

Well, just got in from the hot tub and am going to have my jello but want to post first. This won't be long ... sorry about that.

Sharon:
It sure is great seeing your posts! I'm so glad to hear your ex-sister in law is doing better. Life is scary isn't it? You are so right about it being so short .. sounds like you are on the right track with WW ... keep up the good work kiddo .. this year is going to be our year! Oh yes, and speaking of Buttershots - I'm saving that special bottle for when you come here! Just think - Buttershots/Hot Tub -- Buttershots/Hot Tub -- Buttershots/Hot Tub ....

Sherry:
You too! You are doing fantastic with the lo-carb! You're putting the wrath of guilt in my head girl! It's helping me get back on track - each day is better than the last and today was 100%!!!

Carol:
Hey, as Sharon said, my name is Carol too but I've always gone by CJ in here so there should be no getting us mixed up. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Brandy:
Sorry to hear you are sick also .. hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the poem .. I remember seeing that long time ago - I may have even posted in here at one time, but was cute to read it again .. it is a cute one.

Slyvia:
Wow girl -- 12 lbs in three weeks! You go! Glad to hear Geno is much better and you're doing so well with WW! Boy, I better get my butt in gear and stay OP or you guys will be in bikini's this summer and I'll be left behind! Yes, this place is kicking isn't it? Your're right - just like old times!

OK .. off to have my jello and then off to bed.

Love, CJ
Old 01-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Sharon - sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season. WTG on only a .4 gain - that is awesome . Sorry to hear about your SIL, my prayers are with her for a speedy recovery! That ham is the best & it seems to go great with so many things, especially when in combination with the Provolone! .

Sylvia - glad to hear Nico is back to himself! Congrats on losing 12lbs in 3 weeks - excellent .

CJ - hope you enjoyed your jello. I need a hot tub, I can't seem to warm up lately despite having a ceramic heater 2ft or less from me at all times!

Brandy - sorry to hear you are sick & hope you are better soon. I've heard of the YF & Candida Diets, but don't know too much about them. I know I used to suffer lots of yeast infections (sorry if TMI), but doing LC stopped those as I have no excess sugar in my body for the yeast to thrive on.

As for me, my weight loss has stalled over the past couple weeks, but my inches have changed so I know something is happening/working LOL. For ex., my hips on Nov. 28 were 44" and on Jan. 16 they were 41.25 & my waist went from a 42 to a 38. I'd still like to see the scale move tho, but TOM is just about here, so I don't imagine I'll be doing a Toyota Jump when I weigh in on Sunday .

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #11  
Movin on down the scale

Sorry I have been MIA, nothing is happening here....I am still at 172! I am glad everyone else is doing well. I am still around, but just hoping to maintain until spring. I am not focusing on WL right now, just eating healthy, which is keeping me maintained. I am trying to decide if I should change my goal to 160 (firm) since everyone says I look good now, that would only be 12 more pounds. I am not comfortable being over 170 for the rest of my life...but I could live with 160. So, I am going to see what happens between now and March and then decide.

Keep up the wonderful work ladies, your all doing great.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #12  

Hello

I hope everyone is having a great weekend

CJ....What are bottershots?

Sharon..How is your friend? I said a prayer for her! Are you starting to get busy at the IRS?

Debbie....I know you're around!! Where's your posts???

Carol...How do you feel? I miss you here!

Gonnaloseit...I think if you're comfortable with 160's or 170's that's what you should go with! I honestly think I look good at 160 so I may try to maintain there intead of trying for 150. Good luck!!

Gonnabe....Congrats on the inches gone!! You must be doing some exercises! Keep it going and goodluck to you too!!

Slyvia!! Hey girlie! I have miss you!! I can't believe how time flies! I bet Nico is really growing!!! Please post soon again! We need to catch-up! BTW: Yes..I still work for the Titans! I still love it too!

Hello to everyone else!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:12 PM   #13  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

We're back!
Sharon- HA! The warmest it got was 70, which is nice, but not as warm as we'd hoped!
We went to see DH's family and pals, he's from AZ. We had a good time, but I ate CRAP the whole time we were there! His dad and step mom live in an RV and eat out literally every night! I did the best I could, but I don't think I'll weigh in tomorrow!
Once I get the pictures up, I'll post a few for you all to see. Allen got to meet a horse, he didn't like it! He was very scared! We also met DH's best friend's little guy, he is a month younger than Allen, but was born 3 months preemie, so he makes Allen look huge!
Ok, it's been a really long day, I'm off to bed!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #14  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend! We were up until 2:30 this morning playing cards with friends. Texas Hold'em - and I was the winner! hee hee hee

Sherry:
Buttershots is a very wonderful liquer - taste like butterscoth - and Sharon and I always have it when we are together ... maybe sometimes a little too much - lol. It's very good .. my favorite (besides Kaluha) ...

Mel:
Welcome back and glad you had a nice time in Arz ... will look forward to seeing pics of your little one .. don't fret about the eating .. this is a new week - jsut get back on the wagon!

Gonna Lose it:
At least you are not gaining so maintaining your wt at 172 is a good thing. I'm sure you will start to lose again. I'm at the same wt also ... Hopefully I will drop a lb or 2 soon.

Gonna Be:
WTG on the lost inches! You're definately doing something right!

OK .. talk to ya all later ... have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 01-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Thanks Sherry & CJ - I'm very happy here this morning even tho for the 3rd consecutive week I don't have a loss to report. Well, that's not true, I lost 1" off my measurements from last week (bringing that to a total of 14" lost)...but....I finally broke the "40's" in my BF % . My Body Fat % was 47.65 (Nov. 28) & 39.85% (today). YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY me .

Everyone - drinks are on CJ . I'm a kahlua kid, so just keep 'em comin .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ
taste like butterscoth
Butterscoth?? Looks like CJ's already been dippin' in the ole liquor cabinet this morning .

Gonna - congrats on maintaining your weight. That's more difficult than the journey getting there sometimes!!

Mel - welcome back. Don't worry about what you ate while you were away...food has no calories, carbs, fats, etc when you're on holidays .

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
Closed Thread