View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #12
irishgreengables

I am on day 9, but we started wave 2 on day 7 because my milk supply (nursing) was slowing down. After months of repeated plateaus between losses DESPITE eating no sugar and no white carbs and no processed foods and exercising 6 days a week, I have lost 8 lbs. in 9 days. What is most important is the realization that, despite all my previous healthy eating, my portions were pretty large and I snacked throughout the day on a lot of nuts and raisins. Now I am snacking on veggies and my 11 almonds per day.

In response to staying on wave 1, I am wondering if you might consider switching around? I think that remaining on wave 1 puts you at so few calories that your body is sure to rebel at some point and plateau and maybe gain. What if you did wave 2 for 3 weeks or so and then did 10 days of wave 1 and then returned to wave 2? I am actually planning on doing wave 3 during vacation times (we are going on a big vaca this summer) and then following up that vaca wave 3 week with a week on wave 1. She notes in the book that you can return to wave 1 when you plateau. I think it is a good idea to use it as a booster when you plateau or when you have a bad week, rather than as a regular thing. Just my 2 cents.

Started Sonoma Diet 1/9/06. St. Patty's Goal:

Started 7/11/05 @ 278
Weight loss to date: 38 lbs.
Goal: 160

Program: pure foods, weight lifting, cardio

Body for Life 9/26/05-12/19/05 after about 8 weeks of non BFL lifiting
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote